Start by marking “Lord of Thunder (Thunder, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lord of Thunder (Thunder, #1)

Lord of Thunder (Thunder #1)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  8 reviews

Annie Mayall was a young bride, brought to Montana in 1940 by her new husband to start their new life together...as soon as he struck it rich in the promised silver mines. Abandoned for three long, desperate and lonely years, Annie was forced to survive by herself in the wilds of the mountains. Until one stormy night brought a severely wounded stranger to her tiny one-room

Published June 2009 by Whiskey Creek Press Torrid

To ask other readers questions about Lord of Thunder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord of Thunder

Mei
Mar 21, 2013 Mei rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: fantasy
This book reminded me of several other books I've read. It has a "flavour" of C. L. Wilson's Tairen Soul series, Robin D Owens' Celta and Summoning series.
The narrative is similar and the dialogues too, but it is much more sensual than those.
The main characters are likable, but a tad stereotypical. I knew what will they do and what will happen as soon as I started reading.
But, at the same time, it does have and allure that keeps you reading.
It's like an acquired taste: first you don't like it,
Spuffed
Updated version has 214 pages per Amazon, not the 175 pages notated on Goodreads, BTW (at time of this review).

I really enjoyed this historical paranormal romance. Another Goodreads reviewer who had met the author mentioned in her review that the book was short on character development and the author had told her it was because of a 10,000 word reduction required by old publisher and that she was soon to get ownership of this novel back. Well, there's a new cover and longer length and I thought
Bella Swan
I read 100 pages before I ditched this book. It was all telling... "This happened, then this happened..." Snooze. I kept waiting for something - ANYTHING! - to happen. I finally gave up.
Julie S.
My Creatures book club read Lord of Thunder for our January meeting, and had the author, Linda Mooney, attend in person! She’s local(ish) and we’ve had her attend a meeting in the past and had a really fun time. This time was no different. We had a blast chatting with her about this book and about all her others. She told us that she just published her 67th book! She publishes under two other names as well for some horror and some erotica books. I think it is amazing that she’s published so many ...more
Angarad
A beautiful love story for two souls who were lost and lonely. Annie was such a strong woman to survive by herself in the wilderness up until Rion fall down from the sky in the middle of a storm. As for him, his devotion, love and protectiveness reach beyond worlds and enabled him to overcome all and have his happy ending with Annie and their son.
Lavada Dee
I found this book on one my friends lists but now I don't remember who. It's a good read, different genre than any I've read before. The only criticism I have is that the publisher only offered it in html in the e-book. Also the cursing seemed out of place for the heroine.
Cara Bristol
This is a touching, heart-warming story of a resilient, but vulnerable woman who is abandoned by her husband, but finds a love that’s out-of-this world. Loved the writing, world-building and characters.
Erotic Horizon
Lord of Thunder by Linda Mooney (2005)
Night Goddess
Night Goddess marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Kasey Sutten
Kasey Sutten marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Areadne Andre  Petaal
Areadne Andre Petaal marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Calli
Calli marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Dillon
Dillon marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Amelia Bell
Amelia Bell marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Raine
Raine marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Linda
Oct 09, 2014 Linda added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-own-books
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Linda loves to write sensuously erotic romance with a fantasy, paranormal, or science fiction flair. Her technique is often described as being as visual as a motion picture or graphic novel.

A wife, mother, and retired Kindergarten and music teacher, she lives in a small south Texas town near the Gulf coast where she delves into other worlds filled with daring exploits, adventure, and intense love
More about Linda Mooney...

Thunder (3 books)
  • Passion of Thunder (Thunder, #2)
  • Wings of Thunder (Thunder, #3)
Captive Surrender The Battle Lord's Lady (Battle Lord Saga, #1) A Battle Lord's Heart (Battle Lord Saga, #3) Her Battle Lord's Desire (Battle Lord Saga, #2) Jebaral (Runner's Moon, #1)