Start by marking “2010 Children's Writer's & Illustrators Market” as Want to Read:
2010 Children's Writer's & Illustrators Market

2010 Children's Writer's & Illustrators Market

THE MOST TRUSTED GUIDE TO THE WORLD OF CHILDREN'S PUBLISHING

If you write or illustrate for young readers with the hope of getting published, "2010 Children's Writer's & Illustrators Market" is the resource you need. Whether you create picture books or young adult novels, fiction or nonfiction, books or magazine articles--the 2010 edition tells you who to contact and w

Published August 24th 2009 by Writer's Digest Books (first published August 2009)

To ask other readers questions about 2010 Children's Writer's & Illustrators Market, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 2010 Children's Writer's & Illustrators Market

Mirrani
Jul 07, 2015 Mirrani rated it really liked it
I loved having the references in this book and all of the information provided was exceedingly helpful. The book was well organized and provided information for every aspect of writing and illustrating. My only issue with the particular copy I used was the number of typing errors. This is a book about writing and publishing, but you can't edit it properly? Maybe it is snobbish of me to say so, but if you are telling people how to get published, you should take the time to make it look ...more
Lindsay
Mar 25, 2011 Lindsay rated it liked it
The articles were incredibly helpful - it's great to hear what other authors have found helpful. There is, of course, some amount of dry material, but that is expected when reading about copyrighting and insurance.
I was disappointed to find that the publisher information was out of date. This is the 2010 edition, yet I found some of the publishers have changed their submission criteria as many as 6 years ago. I would definitely advise anyone looking to submit a manuscript to check the publisher'
Christie
Mar 28, 2010 Christie rated it liked it
Shelves: about-writing
Some helpful information of course, but nothing that I didn't already get from the regular Writer's Market in greater detail. I was also disturbed that there was an entire chapter about writing GLBTQ Characters for children. Okay, touch on it, of course, it's the world we live in, but an entire chapter? Really?
Sheri
Jan 19, 2010 Sheri rated it really liked it
Happy to read it and learn what publishers are still accepting unsolicited manuscripts, what a character name does to your stories, and what to do to keep records of simultaneous submissions and where and when you sent things to check back on when to move on. Lots of very useful information.
Mindy
Sep 09, 2010 Mindy rated it it was amazing
An absolute must read if you are interested at all in writing children's literature. I am a changed woman.
Marisa Corvisiero
Marisa Corvisiero rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2014
Jerry Williams
Jerry Williams rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2014
Robby Robertson
Robby Robertson rated it it was ok
Jun 07, 2016
Victor Mojica
Victor Mojica rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2015
Samantha
Samantha rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2011
Loni
Loni rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2010
Matt
Matt rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2009
Barbara Moore
Barbara Moore rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2014
Sue
Sue rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2015
C. Linda Goodwin
C. Linda Goodwin rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2014
Tami Traylor
Tami Traylor rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2014
Danica Long swindall
Danica Long swindall rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2015
Patrick Monahan
Patrick Monahan rated it did not like it
Nov 23, 2014
Wendy Imura
Wendy Imura rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Carla
Carla rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2014
Abby De Weerd
Abby De Weerd rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2015
Doris
Doris rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2010
Samantha Walker
Samantha Walker rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2016
Shevi Arnold
Shevi Arnold rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2010
Jenn Tharp
Jenn Tharp rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2011
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2009
David Fulk
David Fulk rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2014
Mercy Hasselblad
Mercy Hasselblad rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2015
Kristy Flowers
Kristy Flowers rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2014