Start by marking “The Vision (The Last Publishers #1)” as Want to Read:
The Vision (The Last Publishers #1)

The Vision (The Last Publishers #1)

What do you get when Islamic terrorists and White-Supremacists go up against a small group of Bible believers in the hills of East Tennessee?

The Vision is a thriller with a suspenseful blend of fiction and nonfiction which incorporates actual historical records, current earth science, recent medical and herbal discoveries, today's international news, and crucial Biblical
Published June 30th 2009 by No Greater Joy Ministries (first published June 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Vision, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vision

Leah
Oh my. I don't know where to begin on this one. I absolutely adored it. It's one of those novels you like to go back and reread again numerous times. This was really really really good. I love how so much reality and fact is interwoven with the fiction and non-reality. Sometimes it's difficult to tell the two apart. Not to mention, I just ate the story up like it was coffee ice cream. It hooked me. Asher and Cheyenne's relationship tore me up, they so belong together. I can't wait to see what ha ...more
Brian
Apr 14, 2011 Brian rated it did not like it
This is the fourth worst book I have read at this point in my literate life.

The author, in the first four chapters, manages to make a mockery of herself in every way available to an unusually nutty, child-beating fundie. She expresses--and, via a terrorism-wracked world more befitting of a conservative survivalist's fantasy than a modern-day description of the world--attempts to justify the most paranoid Islamophobia I have ever seen in a fictional work; praises herbal medicine to a highly risi
Trisha
Jan 16, 2010 Trisha rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Started a bit rough (author's first novel), but definitely got a lot better the farther it went. The scary part is, it's a contemporary story about the near future describing a very possible state of affairs here in America. Because of my familiarity with the author's non-fiction work, I am confident that much research went into this fictional story, and it gives much food for thought and prayer. It is the first of a series, so I really am looking forward to the rest. Debi Pearl is a great story ...more
Michelle
Jun 28, 2009 Michelle rated it really liked it
I really looked forward to reading this book, Debi Pearl's first novel, and was not disappointed. The story begins a little slowly while characters and the basic storyline are under development. Then it takes off, intertwining an engaging story with information on herbs and Biblical teaching. I am familiar with this author's non-fiction work and am thereby confident in the knowledge and research that went into the book. The ending took me by surprise. I look forward to the sequel.
Elizabeth Dyck
Sep 04, 2012 Elizabeth Dyck rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from the beginning to the end. How Debi weaves in the Scripture and the true facts of the Muslims is just amazing. And she included the recipe for the Herbal Berry Brew in the book (no it’s not the supernatural one:)). The little information boxes at the bottom of the pages were really interesting as well. I can’t wait for the next book to come out. I think Debi is an amazing author.
April
Jul 28, 2009 April rated it did not like it
I did not like this book. In all honesty, I did not even get to the half-way point before I stopped reading. Maybe it's just not my kind of book - but it's too 'out there' for me. I don't enjoy graphic violence and evil in my reading material. I don't like swear words that are there just other symbols used for letters (come on, like I don't know what the words is??). If you are into fantastical conspiracy theories, then you might enjoy this. Not me.
Bethany
May 09, 2012 Bethany rated it it was ok
It was okay. They say an author's first work of fiction is really a biography in disquise, which rings true in this book. It was kind of distracting to be able to pinpoint who Debi based her characters on from real life. Otherwise it was good. The story started out slow but started to move along after the second half. Given the choice, I would not read it again.
Ariel
Sep 29, 2014 Ariel rated it liked it
The word that kept coming to mind as I read this book was "odd." It was fairly well written and the story was interesting, if not believable... but it just had an odd feel to it. And I'm not sure that I agree with all the convictions of the author. I probably won't read the sequel.
Sandy
Jan 03, 2013 Sandy rated it did not like it
Amateur writing where accented speech is always spelled out rather than alluded to and islamophobia is rampant. Lots of flat out creepiness when you realize that for the followers of this author, fiction and reality are extremely blurred.
Hannahh
very intriguing book!It will get your attention. Good read!
Leah
Jan 10, 2015 Leah rated it it was ok
Hard to put down kind of book and will keep you entertained. I only gave it two stars because it was too much like a novel. I don't think I will read any more in this series.
Karen Linton
Sep 23, 2010 Karen Linton rated it really liked it
It was a decent first shot at a novel, but some things were over-developed while others (that needed to be more so) were under-developed. I look forward to the sequel.
Sara
Dec 03, 2009 Sara added it
hahahha kush je more
Alexa
This was an AMAZING book! It may be a little mature for younger readers though, because of some of the topics they deal with.
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it did not like it
Feb 26, 2013
Kris
Kris rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2013
Gabrielle Harryman
Gabrielle Harryman rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2011
Kate Cochran stephens
Kate Cochran stephens rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2013
Petra94
Petra94 rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2012
Haley
Haley rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2010
Shelly Bishop
Shelly Bishop rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2012
Kelsey
Kelsey rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2013
Amanda Ciancaglione
Amanda Ciancaglione rated it it was ok
Nov 05, 2010
Laura rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2012
Genevieve
Genevieve rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2012
Torie
Torie rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2016
David
David rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2017
Kristi
Kristi rated it it was ok
Jan 08, 2017
Kathy Ward
Kathy Ward rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2015
Bethany Nevers
Bethany Nevers rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2012