Start by marking “Wicked Intentions: The Sheila LaBarre Murders -- A True Story” as Want to Read:
Wicked Intentions: The Sheila LaBarre Murders -- A True Story

Wicked Intentions: The Sheila LaBarre Murders -- A True Story

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A beautiful woman in her forties, Sheila LaBarre had no problem attracting men. She preferred her lovers to be young and submissive. Once she gained a man’s trust, she would invite him to live with her at her secluded New Hampshire farm, where she could play out her dark twisted games of abuse, torture, and revenge.

Many of her lovers were never seen again. But when police
Mass Market Paperback, 347 pages
Published December 29th 2009 by St. Martin's True Crime (first published December 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Intentions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Intentions

Ryen Gallagher
It was strange reading about a murder that took place in my home town. My father, who is a police officer in Epping was mentioned because he was one of the lead investigators. Reading about my own father was kind of weird but it helped me better understand how fictionalized the book is from the real story. My dad has told me stories of the murders and how they really took place other then they are told in the book. It may have made the book better in some parts because the real story may have be ...more
Brandy
Wow! What a book!! I was drawn in with the first sentence and couldn't put it down until I was finished. I wasn't real happy with the back and forth way he writes because it leads to certain facts being repeated numerous times but overall it was a fascinating book. Very intriguing and very interesting! I enjoyed it!
Allison Herman
The true story of Sheils LaBarre, a woman who tortured and killed unsuspecting men for sport. The book was a real page-turner, even if the writing wasn't the best. There was a bit of jumping back and forth in time. But on the whole, I devoured this book pretty quickly. Good for those who enjoy true crime!
Mark Levandoski
Peek into the mind of madness or pure evil. You decide.
Lauren
Blah -- much more fictionalised than a true story should be. There was flowery language all over the place. It was almost vomit-inducing, and not in a gruesome horror-story, true-crime sort of way. Everything was all 'antique green tractor' and 'tall maple trees suffocating the bright sunshine' prose. It was vile. The homicide didn't even occur until the fifth 'chapter', a word I use loosely, because the 'chapters' were about 5 pages long.

Absolutely wretched. Don't waste your time.
Mary
The story was very novelized -- which the author tells you up front-- which made it a quick and compelling read. It did seem a little over the top in places. Some readers didn't like that the author put so much of his own story in the book. I found his story interesting and would have liked more about his role in the drama and how it affected him.
Kim
This just wasn't good. Badly written, badly edited. He keeps talking about how depraved and awful and brutal this woman's crimes were and not much happens in the book. He's put WAY too much of himself in the book - his feelings, his marriage problems, etc. Just a really boring read.
Jules
I like to read true stories. This one happend in a town I live next to. All I can say is OMG!!! It is very scary to know that evil can be that close to you. It is a very disturbing read.
Sara Brockunier
This book showed the true Sheila LaBarre - and what a horrible person she truly was.
Khris Sellin
Another guilty pleasure. You can't ever go wrong with a TRUE CRIME story!
Christie Lee
Christie Lee marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Meesh
Meesh marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Faith Kreskey
Faith Kreskey marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Laura Beth
Laura Beth marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Katrina Katz
Katrina Katz marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Jacey
Jacey marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Shannon Hayden
Shannon Hayden marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Lesie Pumphrey
Lesie Pumphrey marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Blair Bailey
Blair Bailey marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Justina Pakulnytė
Justina Pakulnytė marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Debbie Landry
Debbie Landry marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Karissa
Karissa marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Shar
Shar marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015