Start by marking “Kirsten on the Trail (American Girls Short Stories)” as Want to Read:
Kirsten on the Trail (American Girls Short Stories)

Kirsten on the Trail (American Girls Short Stories #3)

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  217 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
In Kirsten on the Trail, Kirsten's secret Indian friend returns. When Mama finds out about Singing Bird, she forbids Kirsten to play with her. But when Kirsten's little brother, Peter, gets lost in the woods, Kirsten knows just whom to call on for help.
Published March 1st 1999 by American Girl

To ask other readers questions about Kirsten on the Trail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kirsten on the Trail

Addie
Aug 02, 2012 Addie rated it liked it
Kirsten has a indian friend that she wants to keep a secret. Then her little brother finds out and he promises to keep a secret. After that they get in a big fight and Mama finds out and doesn't let Kirsten play with her. Then Peter runs away.I liked it but wished it was longer. Hope you read this book!
Bree
Mar 08, 2011 Bree rated it liked it
Shelves: historical, children
This review is from the perspective of a mother - Kirsten on the Trail focuses on Kirsten's secret friendship with Singing Rain and the ramifications for her family. First, she tries to keep her friendship secret, and entangles her younger brother in deception. Soon the secret is out and Kirsten is forbidden by her parents to see her friend due to their prejudice and fear. But her adventurous brother wants to meet the Indians for himself and wanders off, so Kirsten enlists Singing Rain's help in ...more
Miri
Jul 28, 2014 Miri rated it really liked it
Kirsten was sad when her secret Indian friend Singing Bird left with her tribe in search of food, but now her friend is back. When mama finds out about Kirsten's friend she tells her to stay away from the Indians, but when Peter goes missing in the woods Kirsten knows exactly who to go to for help.
storystereo
Jun 11, 2014 storystereo rated it it was ok
I feel like I use to really like it, but now, I don't really, at least not as much.
Heather
Meh. I found the premise of this one even more unlikely than when Kirsten first meets Singing Bird in "Kirsten Learns a Lesson." Singing Bird helps Kirsten find her brother Peter, who has gotten lost in the woods, then is subsequently accepted by Kirsten's Mama. Probably a heartwarming story for kids, but it lacked the action of the longer books and I was again doubtful of the verisimilitude of that whole friendship. I guess I am an adult, jaded by experience. Sad.
Karol
Jan 05, 2014 Karol rated it it was amazing
This story takes me back to 4th grade history class and also reminds me of grown ups and their prejudice and fears. It took Kirsten's secret friendship with Singing Rain to show her parents that she can be trusted to make the right choices and put their prejudice and fears to rest.
Emily
Nov 27, 2013 Emily rated it really liked it
Recommended to Emily by: my grandparents
This is one of five short stories that are on the American Girl Kirsten. I enjoyed this short story but not as much as some of the others.
Marya
Jun 04, 2013 Marya rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-series
Singing Bird returns in this short story, and with her, a discussion of how people can die of starvation. Hooray!
Deanna
Jun 05, 2011 Deanna rated it liked it
I like American Girl dolls you should like them too.
Christi
Sep 20, 2008 Christi rated it it was ok
Shelves: kid-1
Not nearly as good as the rest of the series.
PWRL
Feb 16, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Sarah added it
Feb 07, 2016
Hayley
Hayley marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Laura Vinal
Laura Vinal rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Lil
Lil added it
Jan 26, 2016
Abby Rose
Abby Rose marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Lucy
Lucy added it
Jan 19, 2016
Rachel
Rachel added it
Jan 15, 2016
Brittnie
Brittnie rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Maggie
Maggie rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
Janelle Shafer
Janelle Shafer marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Janelle Hackbarth
Janelle Hackbarth rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Stephen Goodemote
Stephen Goodemote marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Tessa Bayly
Tessa Bayly rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Kelsey
Kelsey added it
Dec 18, 2015
Alyssa
Alyssa added it
Dec 15, 2015
  • Molly Takes Flight (American Girls Short Stories)
  • High Hopes for Addy

American Girls Short Stories (1 - 10 of 43 books)
  • Felicity's New Sister
  • A Reward for Josefina (American Girls Short Stories)
  • High Hopes for Addy
  • Samantha's Winter Party
  • Molly Takes Flight (American Girls Short Stories)
  • The American Girls Short Stories