Start by marking “Footprints” as Want to Read:
Footprints

Footprints

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Anti-terrorist operatives Evan Riley and Adam Nolan couldn't be less alike. Evan is easygoing, sharp-witted, and sociable, while Adam is the gifted and cooly controlled leader of the operation. But as their team spends nine straight months in a safe house on the coast, Evan sees much more in Adam. For Adam, the sea holds bitter, shocking memories that haunt his days and ni...more
Published June 10th 2009 by Dreamspinner Press (first published June 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Footprints, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Footprints

A Strong Hand by Catt FordInvicta by Piper KaySecrets, Skin and Leather by Sean MichaelNotturno by Z.A. MaxfieldDouble Full by Kindle Alexander
Sexiest Gay Romance Book Covers
75th out of 391 books — 519 voters
I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal RoseSpecial Forces by Aleksandr VoinovZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleKeeping Promise Rock by Amy LaneMy Fair Captain by J.L. Langley
Best Gay Soldiers
246th out of 295 books — 486 voters

More lists with this book...

Jenre
I'm embarrassed at how long I've had this book in my TBR pile. I'm not sure why it kept getting passed over, except that I had the impression that it was possibly a sombre read and I needed to be in the right mood to read it. That impression turned out to be accurate as this novella deals with the issue of PTSD and how life can be changed forever by something out of your control.

The story is told in the first person by Riley who works in counter-terrorism. He and his small group of 3 other co-wo...more
ElaineY
I would have liked this if it weren't so short. I enjoyed the previous Clare London I read - Sparks Fly - and this was nothing close. It was so short to the point I wondered why bother to write it. Sorry, not to be mean but that was exactly how I felt when I reached the last page. It was, like "What --? You gotta be kidding! That's it?"

The entire story revolves around these guys who're at some beach hanging out after their mission. Adam spends the entire story hiding away from the rest as he str...more
Jimmy Hanson
This short was interesting while it lasted. Clare London is a great writer and this had definite potential... I like the way she wove in the memories with the present day things and Evan Riley is a very neat character. The other of the pair - Adam Nolan - just kind of got on my nerves. He was partially described as being a strong character, but given the first chance that focused directly on him, he turned into kind of a weakling. I understand anxiety attacks, I understand PTSD. Her attempts at...more
Mara Ismine
A slightly dreamy post-action story told partially in flash backs. I'm going to be drawn back to this one to read again when I'm not expecting explosions at least once a chapter, and that four star rating may well go up to five.
Heller
I found this story structured really interestly enjoyed that about it quite a bit. I did think it was very light in characterization and the plot was pretty thin still it was a good, quick read.
Chris
For some reason, this short m/m romance about two guys who are part of a counter-terrorism team never fully engaged me – maybe it was the somewhat reserved first person narrative?
Maggie
Beautifully written. London paints a picture with words. I was completely drawn into the story and into the emotions of the main characters. Even though this is a short story, it feels fully formed. The connection between Evan and Adam was moving and beautiful. Highly recommended.
Bethany
I really liked the moody-broody-ness of the this story. I felt like I was totally wrapped up inside the characters and the narration. Very nice.
TracyG.
Jul 04, 2013 TracyG. rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
I was ok for a short story
Glynis Lw
Glynis Lw marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Mimi_mare
Mimi_mare marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Good Reader
Good Reader marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Mangal
Mangal marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Poni
Poni added it
Jul 29, 2014
Löni
Löni marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Valery Rhodes-Cournia
Valery Rhodes-Cournia marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Toya Amechi
Toya Amechi marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
  • Windbrothers (Windbrothers, #1)
  • The Shape of a Heart
  • Creation's Control (Creations, #2)
  • Soothe the Burn
  • Capital Games
  • The King's Tale
  • A Deadly Game (A Nick Fallon Investigation, #1)
  • Shadow of a Wolf
  • VN2
  • Gaps In Your Soul (Naughty Nuptials)
  • Last Call Europe: Black Wolf
  • Tortured Souls (Men In Love, #6)
  • Blind Faith
  • Into the Woods
  • Sex, Lies, and Celluloid
  • Teach Me Tonight (Have Body, Will Guard #3)
  • Tailspin (Phoenix Rising, #2)
  • On The Ragged Edge Of The World  (Calendar Boys, #10.5)
Don't Read in the Closet: GayRomLit Retreat 2011 Special Edition True Colors (True Colors, #1) 72 Hours How the Other Half Lives Sparks Fly