Start by marking “Only You (Angel Ridge, #1)” as Want to Read:
Only You (Angel Ridge, #1)

Only You (Angel Ridge #1)

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  376 ratings  ·  57 reviews
A charming romance about the lives and loves of people in a small Tennessee town. In the tradition of Debbie Macomber.

"Hey, ya'll. Dixie Ferguson here. I run Ferguson's Diner in Angel Ridge, Tennessee. Population three hundred forty-five.

It's a picturesque town in the valley of the Little Tennessee River, established in 1785. In the early days, its first families--the Mc
Published May 1st 2009 by Bell Bridge Books (first published May 8th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Only You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Only You

This is the first of the Angel Ridge series and introduces the reader to Angel Ridge, Tennessee. Angel Ridge is an old community that has its own version of those from the "wrong side of the tracks." The McKays and the Craigs have been fueded ever since anyone can remember...the McKays have the money and the Craigs are the laborers. This is the story of Cole Craig and Josie Allen.
Josie Allen, now Dr. Josephine Allen, left Angel Ridge for college. Now she has returned with a PhD in library scienc
Cheryl
Come meet the town folks of Angel Ridge, Tennessee. The town was founded by some of the richest families around...The McKays, the Wallaces, the Houstons, the Joneses, and, the Craigs. You could say that these people all had a rival with each other in the aspects of which family had more money. One way for them to show their wealth is to build this building or that building or to make the largest contribution. The only family that didn't spend their money frugally was the Craigs. They were happy ...more
Tina (BloomingKnitter)
Lately I have been downloading a bunch of free books from Amazon, but I had not read any of them. So I decided this would be my first.

It was a nice story about two people from different sides of the tracks.

I liked the authors writing style and will probably read more of her books.
Cindi
I'm trying to figure out why this story doesn't have higher ratings on here. I totally loved it. Maybe after all the smut I normally read, it was simply nice to read something that was nothing other than a sweet love story between two opposites who somehow make it work. Yes, it was unrealistic in a lot of places but who cares? It's fiction. How much fiction is actually all 100% realistic anyway?

I fell in love with Cole right off. There was something about him and his character that was very app
Rick Schmidt
Jan 15, 2013 Rick Schmidt rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
A good read about Cole Craig and Josie Allen in Angel Ridge. It's basically a light romance in my mind and I'm okay with that. It was well written and like other Ms. Staley books had great characters that made you want to find out more.

It had a nice twist in the plot when you find out late in the story that Mr. Craig is not what or whom he seemed to be and it almost had terrible consequences on his relationship with Josie. Will they be able to recover from his big secret? Will she finally give i
Margarette
This is one of those books that's just pure entertainment. I usually enjoy books where the small town location is as important as any character, especially if the small town is in Appalachia, so I was naturally drawn to this first book of a series featuring Angel Ridge, Tennessee, population 345. There's a bit of a magical fairy tale feel to the story, where everything isn't as it seems, and endings are happy. It's a quick, enjoyable read, the kind you want to curl up with in a comfy chair and j ...more
Mom
I liked this book.
I liked how a young man who had to drop out of school because of his dad's illness, comes back with a business of his own to help the library where the girl of his dreams works. He donates money to the library so she can have computers there since she is having such a hard time using the ones the library has now.
She is a brainiac who just wants to do her own things and not what other people expect her to do.
Loved it.
Pat
Only You sat unread on my kindle for a very long time. This past week I stumbled on it while looking for something to read. Totally predicable storyline but I loved every minute I spent reading it! My first book by this author but definitely not my last as I've already looked up more by this author for the future. It was a nice romance with very like able characters that just makes one wish for a life in such a town.
Kristina
Read this book in a day. It was a wonderfully quick, easy, and relaxing read. It is a love story about two individuals who knew each other from a distance when they were younger and then crossed paths again as adults in their hometown. The story is mostly about the chase of their relationship and it is fun to see where it goes with a few twists in between.
Nancy
Just a very light romance that was nothing special except it was written by a Tennessee author and takes place in a fictional town near Fort Loudon, which I visited just a few weeks ago. So I really enjoyed the setting. Plus the main character was a librarian! Reminded me of the books I loved to read when I was a teenager.
Suzi
Romance with a heavy dose of Southern. Easy to read, not graphic. Angel Ridge TN is a little like Mitford heavier on the romance less so on the church. The owner of the local diner fills the "Father Tim" role. Not one I will re-read but would recommend for romance readers that lean more toward story and less toward torrid.
Polly
Heartwarming. Love finding it's way through a towns worth of obstacles. Our Heroine is the little bookworm who made it good and the man who has loved her from afar for years. This is a joyous happy short and a great intro into what must be a great series. I can't wait to buy book 2!
Adele Clagett
I enjoyed this book. I do not read many romance novels, this was a nice switch since it was a clean romance novel. It had other elements I enjoy - a small town and interesting characters. It certainly kept my interest and was uplifting. It would have been a good summer read.
Looking for something to read yesterday, and this book popped up for free on Amazon, so I thought it would be good enough. I actually enjoyed it very much. A story about prejudice and love and small towns. It is quite cliche, but it was a fun read.
Bednarzterry
okay...I really don't read many traditional romance novels but when I discovered this one written by my friend from college, I had to give it a try. I can appreciate the book and know that romance novel fans will enjoy it...it's just not my cup of tea.
Nancy Kennedy
I got this one for $1.99 as a daily find. It takes place in Tennessee and they talk hillbilly like me so of course I loved the whole thing. A love story. No need to say more!
Vicki
A nice story in a new series I just discovered. If you like Debbie Macomber, Susan Wiggs or the like, you will enjoy this book. Looking forward to reading the 2nd book.
Dee

Class differences
And marriage expectations
Made me empathize
Julie Carroll
An easy read. Fairly clean romance. Good commentary about social and economic inequalities in a small town and the predjudices they create.
Rabbie
It was an awesome book. I had a hard time putting it down. . I just wish it had a better or more lenghty ending :)
Betsie

Quick pleasant read through. The characters are charming and the story wholesome.
Yvonne
This was a very very very easy read nothing deep about this book but it was entertaining.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Very cute, sweet story. A fast read.
Lori n Joseph
Fun, light-hearted book. Quick read.
Amy Rose
A nice happy ever after book.
Stacey
Only You, my first book by author Deborah Grace Staley, is a fun and lighthearted romance. It’s the kind of read that makes one feel warm and fuzzy and wish that perfect little towns full of perfectly flawed people really existed. In short, and nice little trip down Escapism Lane.[return]This story has my favorite kind of romance, love from afar, or as I jokingly call it “the loving stalker.” The kind of hero who patiently waits for the right time to claim the women he wants, watching over her i ...more
Kathleen
This was my first book by this author. I really enjoyed this heartwarming story of two people who never thought they had a chance to be together. But just because one of them is from the "wrong side of the Ridge" does not mean that they cannot find a happy medium and fall in love. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the books in this series.
Connie N.
Very nice, sedate romance, first in a series about Angel Ridge, TN. The hero is a nice (but secretive) handyman from the wrong side of the tracks. The heroine is a PhD in library science who comes back to her hometown to take over the library (duh). The heroine supposedly can't associate with the handyman because the social elite of the town have provided her with her college education. But she comes across as annoyingly buying into that mindset despite her romantic attraction to him. What I lik ...more
Mily Lou
"Only You" is a sweet tale of unconditional love. I found myself early on, enjoying this book which is odd for me. The love story was perfect. I felt that the romance between the two main characters never really developed. The book seemed to end too quickly. A little too neat as well, nothing that great happened. But I did love the characters and found them entertaining to read. The storyline was interesting, but a little too rushed in its execution. I would have liked to see the romance unfold ...more
LadyCalico
I was so disappointed with this book. For about 7/8 of it, it seemed like such a sweet romance, and the romance developed so naturally between the two likable protagonists. Then suddenly it seemed to lose all sense of realism and turned into hackneyed soap opera gimmicks that just didn't work for me. The blow-up with Mrs. McKay, the ridiculous snit-fit break-up, Cole's secret finally coming to light--were all such slap-the-forehead-you've-got-to-be-kidding moments. It was like the author lost he ...more
  • On Bear Mountain
  • Dancing In The Low Country
  • Dixie Divas (Dixie Divas #1)
  • One Hit Wonder
  • Bridge To Happiness
  • My Christmas Wish
  • One Night in Boston (One Night, #1)
  • Sunrise
  • Triple Exposure
  • Troublesome Creek (Troublesome Creek, #1)
  • The Homecoming
  • The Year She Fell
  • The Ocean Inside
  • A Hint of Rapture
  • The Goddess of Fried Okra
  • From Dust and Ashes: A Story of Liberation (World War II Liberator #1)
  • Swept Away
  • Dead Reckoning
20569
Born and raised in Kingsport, Tennessee-that's in the upper eastern tip of the state-Deborah Grace Staley is the youngest of four children. She holds an MFA in Creative Writing from Goddard College. Here novel, What the Heart Wants, is the 2011 recipient of the HOLT Medallion for Single Title/Mainstream Fiction. Married to her college sweetheart, they make their home in Southern Florida near the A ...more
More about Deborah Grace Staley...

Angel Ridge (5 books)
  • A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • What The Heart Wants (Angel Ridge, #3)
  • I'll Be There (Angel Ridge, #4)
  • Unforgettable (Angel Ridge #5)
A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2) I'll Be There (Angel Ridge, #4) What The Heart Wants (Angel Ridge, #3) Unforgettable (Angel Ridge #5) Sweeter Than Tea