Start by marking “Bad, Badder, Baddest” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Bad, Badder, Baddest

Cynthia Voigt

Bad, Badder, Baddest (Bad Girls #2)

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  177 ratings  ·  13 reviews
In this sequel to "Bad Girls", Cynthia Voigt once again explores the uncharted territory of 5th grade girls who don't want to be good. This time, Mikey and Margalo devise a plan to reconcile Mikey's divorcing parents--until a "really" bad girl, Gianette, gets in the way.
Unknown Binding, 265 pages
Published January 1st 1997 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Bad, Badder, Baddest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad, Badder, Baddest

Cindy Dyson Eitelman
Cynthia Voigt's Bad, Badder, Baddest had cover hype telling the biggest lie I've ever read. (In a cover blurb.) One of the bad girls wasn't bad at all, one suffered from poor impulse control and the normal human desire for excitement, and the third was so tangential to the story she never even got to be a "point of view" character.

So, no--the girls weren't bad. But the book wasn't bad either--IMHO Cynthia Voigt is incapable of writing a bad book.

I'd have enjoyed it more as a teenager.
Danielle
I cannot tell if I would have enjoyed this story more had I read it at 10 or 11. I had a hard time distinguishing between Mikey and Margalo for the first several pages, and I think I had the same problem years ago with Bad Girls. The girls are outwardly intent on keeping up their "bad" image and argue and act tough a lot. I found their attitudes and interactions at times forced. Other times, however, they had delightful and surprising exchanges. There's not much of a plot here, but I am determin ...more
Cara
The only reason I picked up this book was because when I was in school the girls in my class were head over heels for this book. We did have a better cover than what is available on the site. I must say though it showed the dynamics between girls dead on. I was into books with more excitement at the time so it didn't really strike a chord in me. Though I did enjoy it when I read it when I compaired it up with books I've read now, I just couldn't give it that many stars.
Bethany
Rated PG-13.

I really don't care for this book. It is not much like Dicey's Song, which I love--or, for that matter, Jackaroo or even Izzy Willy-Nilly. It is just kind of odd--it reminds me of, say, Judy Blume's books or Laurie Halse Andersen's books or something--just not really in a good way.
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 25232 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: MG - BL: 5.8 - AR Pts: 8.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Teresa
Interesting story, realistically portrayed and had me laughing. I was definitely reliving my childhood and what it was like to be a girl that age. It was a good read as is the whole series.
Sandy
Apr 01, 2008 Sandy rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sandy by: Francis
Shelves: tween
It's 6th grade now and Mickey and Margalo are back from summer break raring to go. Now, however, there's a new girl in class and there's something about her that Mickey doesn't like....
Zannah
This book was very good, and it shows what these bad girls feel when an even BADDER girl shows up. An adolescence book. The second book in the "Bad Girls" series.
Liz
This was good. An even badder girl than Mikey and Margalo comes to town. This book is well-handled, but for obvious reasons, after it's over, the girls lose their edge.
10-11 Isabella
I thought that this book was very silly and unrealistic. Kids would never act that way. It was fake to the binding.
Kitty
Knowing Cynthia Voigt, this is a disappointing book. Nothing that captures the reader and takes you into the book.
Alisha
I generally felt the same about this one as I did the first one.
Jordan
It just wasnt my kind of book !
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Victoria Zigler
Victoria Zigler marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Samantha
Samantha is currently reading it
Mar 11, 2015
Holly Letson
Holly Letson marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Keri Shirk
Keri Shirk marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Boys Start the War, the Girls Get Even
  • Stones in Water
  • The Long Secret (Harriet the Spy #2)
  • A Sterkarm Kiss (Sterkarm, #2)
  • Mystery Of Drear House
  • Being Bindy
  • Stirring It Up (Dish, #1)
  • Santa Paws, Our Hero (Santa Paws, #5)
  • Search for the Shadowman
  • The Mutt in the Iron Muzzle (Adventures of Wishbone, #7)
  • My Teacher Flunked the Planet (My Teacher is an Alien, #4)
  • Fool's Gold Volume 1
  • Heaven Eyes
  • The Haunted Clubhouse (Wishbone Mysteries, #2)
  • Hide and Seek
  • The Day of Revolution, Volume 01
  • Out of the Storm (GLH #87)
  • Z Is For Zamboni: A Hockey Alphabet
Cynthia Voigt is an American author of books for young adults dealing with various topics such as adventure, mystery, racism and child abuse.

Awards:
Angus and Sadie: the Sequoyah Book Award (given by readers in Oklahoma), 2008
The Katahdin Award, for lifetime achievement, 2003
The Anne V. Zarrow Award, for lifetime achievement, 2003
The Margaret Edwards Award, for a body of work, 1995
Jackaroo: Ratte
More about Cynthia Voigt...

Bad Girls (6 books)
  • Bad Girls (Bad Girls, #1)
  • It's Not Easy Being Bad (Bad Girls, #3)
  • Bad Girls In Love (Bad Girls, #4)
  • From Bad to Worse (Bad Girls, #5)
  • Bad Girls, Bad Girls, Whatcha Gonna Do? (Bad Girls, #6)
Homecoming (Tillerman Cycle, #1) Dicey's Song (Tillerman Cycle, #2) A Solitary Blue (Tillerman Cycle, #3) Jackaroo (Kingdom, #1) Izzy, Willy-Nilly