Red Meat: A Collection of Red Meat Cartoons From the Secret Files of Max Cannon

Red Meat: A Collection of Red Meat Cartoons From the Secret Files of Max Cannon

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  222 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Currently featured in over 50 alternative weeklies and college newspapers, "Red Meat" is quickly becoming one of the most popular alternative comic strips in the country. The official "Red Meat" Web site averages 30,000 page views a week. This collection offers readers a peek at the strip that's caused all the commotion.
Published November 15th 1997 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Red Meat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Meat

Chris
My first introduction to Red Meat was through Mer, and at the time it was brilliant - absurd, offensive, over-the top in terms of violence, sexual content, and language, this book made me hurt myself laughing. Which is why I find it sort of sad every time I pick up an issue of the Onion and, without fail, don't laugh at the newest Red Meat. I don't know if its because Cannon has lost his touch; is stuck in a rut (there's only so many time the evil milkman threatening to dismember the little girl...more
Josh Paul
Ah, delicious Red Meat...
Stephen
This book simply refuses to go out the door to the Goodwill or to a library sale with all the other books that were read and enjoyed by our family. It made a nearly permanent home in a forgotten sliver of space on a downstrairs bookshelf. The book demands to be picked up and read every couple of years, just long enough for you to have forgotten the routines and the punchlines and it feels like new material all over again. Don't trust this book! it will cling to you forever!
Rob Charpentier
This comic is one of the most seriously disturbing, yet also equally hilarious things that I've ever come across. Nothing is off limits here. There are imaginary floating skulls haunting a madman named Earl, a vicious and demented milkman that enjoys playing highly elaborate and impractical jokes on a little girl, as well as a cast of other assorted drunkards and miscreants that make up this surreal world of dark humor. It's not for everyone but I highly recommend it anyway.
Kenneth
This is the first collection of "Read Meat" cartoons which was published in the mid 1990's. I recommend it to anyone who likes dark, edgy humor. I first read the strip back in the late 1980's or early 1990's when Kansas City's alternate weekly "The Pitch" was running it. Rereading it now, it's great to find that the strips are just as funny now as you remembered them.
Chris
I've been a fan of the web strip for a long time. this collection is clearly early strips but still good. Not every single one was funny, but many are definitely laugh out loud funny.
definitely not for everyone, the topics are pretty twisted and deranged but I love it.
Sara Bean
Delightfully demented!

A few of these cartoons are a little too much even for my warped sense of humor, but I find the art and concepts absolutely brilliant.
Linda Laird
It's hard to say when you know your son is a long running character in a weird cartoon series. He hasn't changed much in twenty years?
Cade
I'm a big fan of off-center humor and Max Cannon's Red Meat. This book hits the spot.
Melissa Humphries
Hilarious dark humor. Great character development, especially Ted.
David Holec
Skvělá oddechovka! Nic pro slabší povahy. :D
joolz
Very warped humour, love it!
.. added it
Aug 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
More Red Meat: The Second Collection of Red Meat Cartoons Red Meat Gold Strange Tales