Start by marking “Blind Desire” as Want to Read:
Blind Desire

Blind Desire

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  308 ratings  ·  40 reviews
A chance encounter in an alleyway has Ryzel, an incubus, chasing after Quinlin, the Gifted human who almost interrupted his most recent meal. Quinlin’s prickly attitude doesn’t stop Ryzel from trying to find him because a Gifted human such as Quinlin is the richest possible food source for an incubus. It certainly doesn’t hurt that Ryzel also finds Quinlin beautiful.

Quinli
Published May 2009 by Torquere Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Blind Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Desire

Natsroshan
Blind Desire is a beautiful story: i would say sweet but it's hard to use this word when you have both protagonist that are anything but mean!

Ryzel is a demon (an incubus) and, as he says himself, a demon always lie and always do bad things: It's their nature.
Quinlin is a human, a gifted one: he is blind but can see auras of living things. He is far from a dependant and weak guy: he is most of the times pissed at someone or something. His real purpose in life is being obnoxious.

Their background
Bookwatcher
Is hard to give my judgment to this book...

About the story
Quinlin, a blind pianist, by chance get in the way of a Incubus, Ryzel. Everything happens very quickly, and you will be reading HOT bed scenes after few pages. The book has both POV, so you will read knowing both man thoughts (I like that!).
That's pretty much the story.... it's a great paranormal (almost erotic) book, but I don't think there are a lot to tell about the plot.

What I LOVE reading Blind Desire
1)Hot bed scenes
2)Hot horn thi
Simsala
Td`s one sentence review says it all!

After reading this I want a demon of my very own - preferably incubus!
I really, really want Asmodai`s full demon name so I can "call" that deliciously evil, sexy son-of-a-bitch.....;-)
Td
May 08, 2012 Td rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Td by: Simsala
Characters with attitude. All of them! Light, fun, super sexy, demonic read.
Yvonne
3.5 StarsThis story of incubus demon Ryzel and his pursuit of gifted human Quinlin is fun & enjoyable. It has decent world building with good interesting character including Quinlin who is all bristly, snappish attitude & Ryzel who is devilish, full of vigor & knows when to back down & play the submissive card with both Quinlin & his father.

Besides the introduction of interesting characters and explanations of the worlds, there's not a heck of a lot happening here except try
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Interesting world of demons!
Quin was great, a pain in the rear anti-social gifted man and his equally difficult demon lover!
They were greatly matched and it was a fun read!
MsMiz (Tina)
More like 3.5 - I liked this story, even though I cannot really tell you why. I am not really a fan of sex demons - the thought of sex to survive with no repercussions - but it worked here. I like how the story unfolded and could see how there could be more books to the story.
Neyjour
There's not much of an actual plot to this story. It's pretty much all about the relationship, which was a bit of a shame because I could see so much potential there for a larger conflict revolving around the romance. But overall, I really didn't mind too much because Quin and Ryzel were such wonderful characters, and I absolutely loved how their relationship developed. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough!

But... I felt I had to deduct a star because of the ending. The story is zipping along, s
Elisa Rolle
Starting this book I was expecting a quite dark and gothic story, and instead the overall mood of this one is light and almost funny.

Ryzelmei, Ryzel, is an incubus. He is not a lesser demon like all the incubi, he is the son of Asmodai, and so he has some powers more than usual. In his life out of hell, this turns into him being a very wealthy man, with some thriving nighclubs and poshy hotels, that allow him to live in a comfortable way with only one pursue, find a good meal twice a day. Obviou
Aurora Alexander
Jan 15, 2011 Aurora Alexander rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: M/M paranormal romance fans

I just read this book for the second time and I loved it as much as the first. The characters are fantastic. Quinlin is a Gifted human, a superbly talented musician with the unique ability to see auras. This is quite handy since he is physically blind, so auras are all he can see. A chance encounter with Ryzel sends Quinlin stumbling into the life he is destined to live with the demon he is destined to love. Demon politics, meddling family, handsome best friends and hot, hot, hot sex ma
Kassa
This is a unique and refreshing story that feels very present with the choice of language and slang, leaving a thoroughly entertaining reading experience that may slide this book into the cult classic type of fans. With very few missteps and a range of fascinating characters with solid world building, this story dealing with demons, angels, incubi, and magic of all kinds is rather irreverent and light. The dialogue and characters keep the action moving and interesting without allowing the story ...more
Mara Ismine
This one gets five stars straight off because I know I'll be reading it again. It has taken me a while to get around to reading this because I haven't been in the mood for long stories for quite a while and I knew it was going to keep me reading. ID Locke has a real talent for character building, complex plots and pacing; and these are crafted so well that you hardly notice how involved you are as the story sweeps you along.

Blind Desire was no exception. Ryzel, the arrogant incubus, and Quinlin,
Lexi Ander
May 14, 2011 Lexi Ander rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lexi by: Natroshan
This was a gem. The cover doesn't do it justice. I liked that Ryzel continued to be a demon even after falling in love. His demon nature didn't change because he had found that one person for him. Quinlin was "piss and vinegar" with no problem setting Ryzel straight. He didn't immediate accept or jump into situations making Ryzel work for it. I really enjoyed the demon world that was created. I really hope Locke writes a story for Kell. I would love to come back to this interesting world that ha ...more
Ayanna
When Haskell started talking about the dude and the horse....(view spoiler). How much you wanna bet I'm right?

The ending was...abrupt. I kept pressing the right arrow key, thinking my computer was just lagging or something, but it really was over. Just like that.

Other than that, I liked it. It was quite good, actually. And it's got a killer pianist and I'm a sucker for classical musicians.

MandyM
3.5 stars. Indulgently sexy tale of an incubus demon who finds himself falling for a bad-tempered, visually impaired human. I thought the acquisition of 'powers' was leading somewhere, perhaps to a battle or a life and death situation of some sort, but in fact this story is quite light and funny with a sweet, if anticlimactic, HEA.
Dee
can't say i loved it, can't say I hated it...it is written in the first person which is hard for me sometimes and switching point of view between the two heros, but had an interesting premise.
Luna Solaris
Pia Veleno
Ana
Adara
I liked the basic premise of the story, but the very end felt more about sex than story. I suppose it could be argued that it was being used to established more about their newly forged relationship, but it felt like it was being dragged out.

That could perhaps be because I kept waiting for the imp to arrive and take Quinlin for a 24-hour romp and Ryzel to have to use his minor favor with his father to break that contract. In going back to re-read the spot where that deal with the imp was struck,
Lauren Prouty
Wonderful book

I found this book by accident and it's been great. The two lead characters are both sexy and fun. I was surprised how much I liked the book. Who knew angels and demons in love go up like a house on fire.
Melissa
I liked the characters' interactions and the plot enough to overlook some of the abrupt sentences and the fact that Quinlin occasionally crosses the line into annoying. By the end of the novella, I just wanted more Quinlin and Ryzel!
Wendy Ann
This story was rich with humor and steamy with eroticism – delightfully unexpected overall! One of my absolute favorite passages from the book was (Quin’s friend Kell talking to Quin): “You’re banging a sex demon? Holy f#cking Christ on a crutch! Go big or go home, eh, Quin? You are officially my new hero. Is he as good as I’m thinking? Please tell me he’s as good as I’m thinking. Please share all those lovely details with your best friend.”

In addition to the lively writing, the characters were
Rissa
More! Lol
I liked it! I like the alternating First Person POVs! I also like all the background story and information about angels, demons, and other beings (gifted). I love imaginative and creative world building!
I even like the ending even if it's technically hopeful because it was not instant intense feelings. I enjoyed reading it! :)
coflo
3.3 stars. I like Ryzel, but Qulinlin is too cantankerous. Ryzel likes him more than he likes Ryzel, and Qulinlin's bad temper towards Ryzel somewhat annoys me.
leigh
Really enjoyable, well-written light PNR with an interesting twist: the demon had a sweeter nature than his prickly, irascible human partner. All of the secondary characters were intriguing. Particularly liked Ryzel's demon prince father, and the skillful way his elegance, dignity, humor, brutality and eroticism were rendered. Quin's best friend Haskell deserves his own story; there is a teasing setup for that in this book, but apparently it hasn't come to pass. The romance in this one, however, ...more
OkayKim
This little cutie has been sitting in my kindle for over a year. Since it's Oct., decided to read some of my M/M paranormal books. What a surprise! I really enjoyed this one. The romance dance between the two main characters Quinlin & Ryzel was hilarious. The sex HOT! Would love a sequel involving Haskell. Hint, hint.
Fehu
3.5 stars!
Most of all I liked the characters, who more or less carried the plot, which was not exactly great, more or less how to get each other into bed. Still it's a fun and light story about a gifted person and a succubus who tries to get into his pants.
Nice holiday read!
Jess Candela
Laughed out loud several times. Was surprised when I came to the end, and wondered if there's a sequel. Then I realized that really what needed to be covered had been, so a sequel isn't really necessary. But I'd really like to read about Haskell, so I hope that will be written.
heardtheowl
February Pick-it-for-me
It was OK. I sometimes wanted it to end, and then it did so abruptly. I also felt like there was more to it...like it was part of a series and I didn't really get things b/c I'm missing books.
I didn't dislike it. It was just "OK".
  • Paul's Dream (Touching Fire, #1)
  • The Prince's Angel (Legends of the Romanorum, #1)
  • Skin Deep (Fae, #1)
  • Hell Cop
  • Second Sight
  • The Lost Books 1 & 2
  • Dark Devotion (Fatefully Yours, #1)
  • A Thread of Deepest Black
  • A Hidden Magic (Sentinels #1)
  • Healer (The Institute, #1)
  • Undesirable
  • Immortality is the Suck (Adam & Peter, #1)
  • Hajiri's Pet (Midnight Rain #1)
  • The Long Way Home
  • Through the Red Door (Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My!, #2)
  • Wishbone
  • Personal Demons (Gods and Chaos, #3)
  • Alliance in Blood (Partnership in Blood, #1)
Free stories are posted to my author LJ http://id-locke.livejournal.com/

Personal site and fan fiction are at http://2metaldog.livejournal.com/
More about I.D. Locke...
Balancing Karma Ermine & Bougainvillea Enchanted Shadows Slave to the Blood Bone: Slip of the Tongue

“Haskell to Quinlin

You need anything, Quin, absolutely anything, you call me and I'll be there. Remember, friends help you move. Good friends help you move a body. Best friends bring their own shovel. You say the word, and I'll be there with a spanking new shovel. Or holy water and an exorcism ritual. Whatever works.”
22 likes
“Remember, friends help you move. Good friends help you move a body. Best friends bring their own shovel...” 8 likes