Start by marking “Moon Fever (Includes: Primes, #6.5)” as Want to Read:
Moon Fever (Includes: Primes, #6.5)

Moon Fever (Primes #6.5)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,195 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Spellbinding paranormal stories by four stellar authors that will send shivers of desire down your spine.

In "Tempting Fate" by Susan Sizemore, Desiree dreams she spent a passion-filled night with sexy rock star Jon Coyote...and that he told her he was a vampire. But when Desiree discovers she is mysteriously pregnant, her erotic fantasy takes a strangely realistic turn.
Published (first published September 25th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Moon Fever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Fever

Cyn Armistead
May 27, 2011 Cyn Armistead rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of those "I finished the last thing I was reading and I'm bored, what's already loaded on the iTouch?" reads. It was on there because the anthology includes Lori Handeland's "Cobwebs Over the Moon" (Nightcreatures, #10) and I read all of that series a while back. I didn't care to read the rest of the anthology at the time, but I hadn't gotten around to deleting the book. Ah, happy digital packrat am I!

If I've read anything by Susan Sizemore other than "Tempting Fate" (Primes #6.5),
Laura the Highland Hussy
This was one of the few anthologies where all the stories were good. I don't feel I had to skim, or ignore certain stories.

"Temptin Fate" by Susan Sizemore was the whole reason I got this book. It was okay. I was confused at first by the whole "10 years from now"-that's when it takes place. Not the future, not the present, but just "10 years from now." It turns out that "now" is directly after Hurricane Katrina. Our heroine is a teenager in 2007, so the story is 10 years from now. Go fig.
It was
Brutally Honest
"Tempting Fate" by Susan Sizemore - It was okay. The vampire society described here was weird.

"The Darkness Within" by Maggie Shayne - Pretty cute, but still just okay. I didn't like how Carly kept this poor guy at arms length for so long. And of course, the ghost thing was ridiculous, and the ex husband AND ex boyfriend going after her? I'm sorry, that's just too much.

"Cobwebs Over the Moon" by Lori Handeland - What the fuck even was this?

"Crazy for the Cat" by Caridad PiÑeiro - Hero is non-whi
Cindylou
Sep 24, 2013 Cindylou rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
They were all really good. I enjoy short stories in between novels.
Jessica
Mar 07, 2010 Jessica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal romance lovers
Shelves: anthologies
There are 4 short stories in this anthology, and so I will give some short comments on each author's story.

Susan Sizemore, whose books I am a fan, presents an interesting addition to her paranormal vampire series. There is an intrigueing style to the presentation of this particular story, that is different and may throw a reader off a bit at first. But catching up to it all does not take long. Its a fun read. My only comment is that I would have liked to have seen it as its own book.

Maggie Shayn
Yvonne
Jun 15, 2008 Yvonne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I usually don't like short stories, feeling a little ripped off usually especially when it is a great story but this book has a nice selection and all are interesting reads.
"Tempting Fate" is an unusual vampire story where our vampire is a rock story. Desireee has an erotic dream about Jon, only to find she is pregnant. This story would have made a great novel, and the story rushes to the neat finish. Shame. A great story cut short...
"The Darkenss Within" was fabulous. I couldn't put the story
Sara
Feb 13, 2015 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining enough. The one about the Primes was my favorite and the reason I got the book from the library. I just love those Primes. It would be embarrassing if anyone found out. Big, dominant, protective males are my thing? No way. Not in real life. But I guess fantasies aren't always what you really want.
The other stories were okay. It was nice to read about a werejaguar. I don't read enough werecat stories, even though cats are my thing.
The ghost story isn't my usual cup of tea even thou
Megan
Oct 19, 2008 Megan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Maggie Shayne fans
I have to start out by saying that I only read two of the novellas from this anthology. I read Maggie Shayne’s “The Darkness Within” first. That was sooooooo good! I believe it is the best Maggie Shayne novella that I have ever read from her! The chemistry that the hero and heroine have in that story is just sizzling! Very steamy! The other story that I read was Susan Sizemore’s “Tempting Fate.” This one was a little shorter than Maggie Shayne’s story. It also was very predictable, and actually, ...more
Colleen
Jan 05, 2015 Colleen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not my favorite collection of stories even though I have read and liked 3 of the authors other stories. Frankly, I could have passed on this collection.
Charity
Jan 29, 2016 Charity rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'd never read anything by Susan Sizemore, Maggie Shayne, or Caridad pineiro. Now I have added there books to my wish list!!
Amy
Mar 08, 2008 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008
I only read 2 stories out of this book. I read the Maggie Shayne book, "The Darkness Within", which I would give a 5/5. A fantastic story. I wish she wouldn't put her stories in anthology books though. Her stories are just too good for that and even though they are shorter stories, she could so put them in full length novels if she wanted to.

I then read the next story "Tempting Fate" by Susan Sizemore. I gave this rating a 2/5. I wasn't thrilled with this story though. I mean, what can 62 pages
Kimngan Tran
The darkness within Maggie Shayne 2
Sara
Feb 13, 2011 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my... I've just finished to read "Tempting Fate" and I think it's one of the most beautiful and sweet story ever read!
This is a heart-melting, thrilling story, where your dreams come true... Which girl has never dreamed to be with her so worshipped Rockstar???
And I loved a lot the way Desi and Jon met the first time...and then the second.
He's just so sweet and amazing! And I liked her too.
Every character is interesting and nice.
Now I think I can't just go read the others if my heart is stil
Jan
Dec 10, 2007 Jan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Susan Sizemore: Tempting Fate
Susan Sizemore: Tempting Fate - a novella of the "Primes" series

Reading this was sweet, like getting a sampler box of Godiva chocolates and finding only one piece in the box. The one piece wanted you craving much more - like a half pound box. If you’re gonna write a novella the decent thing to do is at least make it 150 pages NOT 62 !!!!!!

Of the 4 stories in the book why did the one I was most interested in reading have to be the shortest?!?! Grumble, grumble, grumble - But still a fun although
Kathleen Burket
I only read "Tempting Fate," Primes 6.5, by Susan Sizemore in this anthology. It was very confusing with flashbacks that occurred ten years before the present in the story interwoven with other flashbacks that occurred a few months before the present. Not much dialog during these flashbacks to break up the long, tedious reflections on the past. Sizemore's Primes stories are among my all time favorite series, but this story fell far short of a typical story in this universe.
Ruth Violet
wow. this book is sooo excellent. i loved it. i loved all the writers they are some of my favorites: susan sizemore,maggie shayne,lori handeland, and caridad Pineiro. they are all excellent writers. from the very first sentence in all the stories i was hooked. some anthologies you read sometimes you comes across with atleast one story that you dont like. but that isnt the case here. at all. another word for these stories. spicy. but sooo awesome. i would definitely recommend it.
Emma
May 11, 2010 Emma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Emma by: purplepansy31@hotmail.co.uk
Susan Sizemore's 'Tempting Fate'-Jon Coyote & Desiree/Maggie Shayne's 'The Darkness Within'-Jim Lipton & Caroline/Lori Handeland's 'Cobwebs Over the Moon'-Dylan Shepard & Carly Kelly/Caridad Pineiro's 'Crazy for the Cat'-Javier da Costa & Jessica Morales
SJuhl4
The anthology had two great stories and two I really didn't care for. But is definitely worth the read.
'Cobweb's Over the Moon' (Lori Handeland) and 'The Darkness Within' (Maggie Shayne) are fantastic.
Joanne
Oct 17, 2015 Joanne marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: a-paper-book
Oct 2015 read Tempting Fate 3*s
Lyn
Feb 12, 2011 Lyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I totally enjoyed this book. There are four stories from different author's that offer a variety of different sides of heated paranormal romance. I recommend the read...
Stacie
This is book with four short stories. They were pretty good for a short, fast read. The stories were by Susan Sizemore, Maggie Shayne, Lori Handeland, and Caridad Pineiro.
Susan
Oct 23, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stories, two of which are parts of series. Enjoyed them all. The other series is Lori Handeland's Night Creatures series. Not sure which number this should be.
Robin
all I read of this was the Susan Sizemore story Tempting Fate. Good book but way to short. Would have liked to have seen another 100 pages.

62 pages
Fiona
Aug 04, 2011 Fiona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: susan-sizemore
Each story included in Moon Fever is well worth the time spent reading. I liked some, perhaps more than others, for different reasons but enjoyed them all.
Noor
Sep 08, 2012 Noor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3/4 ONLY

Tempting fate, By Susan Sizemore
Cobwebs over the moon, By Lori Handeland
Crazy for the cat, By Caridad Pineiro

4 STARS all
Maria
Susan Sizemore's short story was lame. She needed more pages to develop her characters and their motivations.
Emily
I kept getting the feeling that the author's just weren't very interested in their own stories. Just...meh.
Linda
May 30, 2010 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't be put off by the first story in the book which is rubbish, the rest of them are quite good.
Beth
Oct 19, 2012 Beth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have only read the story by Susan Sizemore. May read the others at some future date.
Stoli
Jun 29, 2011 Stoli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Had already read this...4 entertaining short romance stories.
  • Wild Thing (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon, #1.5; Guardians, #1.5)
  • The Shadows of Christmas Past (Christmas Series, #3; Primes, #2.5)
  • Demon's Delight (Tale of the Demon World, #4)
  • Hidden Moon (Nightcreature, #7)
  • Wicked Fantasy (Castle of Dark Dreams #3)
  • Bewitched
  • Over The Moon (Mageverse #3.5)
  • Hot for the Holidays (Includes: Mageverse, #5.5; Breeds, #19; Stormwalker, #0.5; Dark Magick, #0.5)
  • Hot Spell (Demon World, #2; Breeds, #6; The Guardians, Prequel)
  • Lover from Another World (Fated Trilogy, #1)
  • Strangers In The Night (includes Beyond Twilight - Wings in the Night, #4)
  • Highland Vampire (MacNachton Vampires, #2)
  • Love at First Bite (Dark-Hunter #6.5; Wild Wulfs of London #2.5; Companion #3.5)
  • The Bodyguard (Includes: T-FLAC, #14.5)
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Tales from the Temple I (Tales from the Temple, #1)
Susan Sizemore's life and interests include such varied activities as medieval costuming and embroidery, being a chef, and working in the defense industry.She is owned by her spoiled rotten, beloved mutt dog, rather than the other way around, and this is just fine with her.Current hobbies include hiking and studying t'ai chi. She travels whenever she can, loves history, loud music, movies, good co ...more
More about Susan Sizemore...

Primes (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • I Burn for You (Primes, #1)
  • I Thirst for You (Primes, #2)
  • I Hunger for You (Primes, #3)
  • Master of Darkness (Primes, #4)
  • Primal Heat (Primes, #5)
  • Primal Desires (Primes, #6)
  • Primal Needs (Primes, #7)
  • Dark Stranger (Primes, #8)
  • Primal Instincts (Primes, #9)
  • Primal Call (Primes, #10)