Froggy's Best Babysitter

Froggy's Best Babysitter (Froggy)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Froggy's parents are going out for the night and they've left him with a brand-new babysitter! Froggy tries to help out by feeding his little sister and taking a bath on his own, but only Froggy could create havoc in the kitchen and turn bath time into mess time. Will the new babysitter survive his wellmeant antics until Froggy's parents get home?
Published May 28th 2009 by Viking Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Froggy's Best Babysitter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Froggy's Best Babysitter

Pamela
"Froggy's Best Babysitter" by Jonathan London was awesome. My daughter really loved the book. She followed along with me all the way through until the end and even helped me out with some of the words. She really liked the pictures that accompanied the text too...they were so bright and colorful. It was really easy for her to follow along with the story.
As a parent, I enjoyed "Froggy's Best Babysitter as well. I think it really kept my daughter engaged which, to me, is very important as she appr...more
Amanda Hicks
Froggy is upset his parents have hired a babysitter so they can celebrate their tenth anniversary. He wants to do things his own way, but he learns that sandy, his babysitter, is actually pretty cool and after some rough housing, froggy gives in and listens to sandy.
Patricia
Ariel Cummins
Humorous little story about Froggy's new babysitter. He doesn't want to do anything she suggests, but she's pretty crafty! Being a great babysitter, she stays up all night cleaning up the messes Froggy made, but of course he makes one more mess right before his parents get home.

Even though this book came out in 2009, the artwork looks a little dated. I'm assuming it's so that it is visually consistent with the earlier Froggy books, that came out in the nineties. They're very funny and sweet, but...more
The Library Lady
Funny enough, but uneven. It's just not a match for Froggy classics like Froggy Gets Dressed, Froggy's First Kiss orFroggy's Baby Sister.
Cheyenne
I'm so glad Froggy's parents went on their anniversary trip by themselves.
Tam
We've really liked some of the books in the Froggy series but this was not one of them. As a parent, I didn't like that the babysitter was upset that her cell phone was dead. Froggy gave her a cordless phone so she could call her boyfriend while he listened in on another phone. He started singing, "Sandy and Danny, sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" The sitter screamed at Froggy to get off the phone.

Samantha
Jan 03, 2012 Samantha rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Samantha by: Alexandria King
In this book, Froggy lives up to his trouble-making reputation. He has a new babysitter and now, the babysitter has to lay down who is boss of the house. But after a Froggy-sized disaster, will the babysitter be able to straighten things out before the parents get home? Or will Froggy find a way to save the day? A cute story that highlights the battles every babysitter has faced before. =)
Shelly Koressel
Here goes froggy again, he so upset because his parents are going out tonight and he has to have a babysitter! Oh, no! It turns out Sandy the babysitter is pretty cool and he gets to do fun things, and of course make his usual messes, he ends up having a good night after all. Good book for 1st graders and below. Kids just love this frog.
Raven Grider
The illustrations in this story are bright and vivid! I would use this story for its use of sound words (flop, splop, crunch, etc.), rhyming, and repetition. Children could relate to their babysitters and compare the differences between Froggy's babysitters and their own.
Angela Record
Stephani Snow
Froggy's parents go out for their anniversary for the night. A babysitter comes and Froggy makes a mess, interrupts her boyfriend phone call, and is an all around goofball. In the end the babysitter never wants to have to babysit Froggy again.

Picture Book
Ann Angle
This latest Froggy adventure was not up to the usual standards in my opinion. Froggy is just a spoiled little brat in this one and really didn't show my kids the positive things Froggy usually does. ie: Trying something new, practicing is the way to get better, etc.
Nancy Jo Lambert
I like this one! The babysitter has to take care of Froggy, but he keeps making messes and reeking havoc. The end cracks me up when he rolls out the "red carpet" for his parents, but their carpet is already red? Oh well. My son loves these books.
Edna
Pretty funny book for a young babysitter and her charges - either or would be entertained by the initial communication and expectation miss-connects. By the end of the book, it appears everyone is on the same page - sort of . . .
Samantha
Dec 20, 2011 Samantha rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Babysitters to read to their chargees
Recommended to Samantha by: Alexandria King
I think this is by far the best Froggy book. I found that Froggy wasn't so obnoxious in this one...maybe its because as a every-now-again babysitter I know how that kid works. Its a charming little story that I was able to enjoy =)
Christina Camp
This is one of my favorite Froggy books. I think this is a great book for both adults and students because they can relate to it.Many children in the classroom have had the experience of having a babysitter and this is a very funny story.
Tiffany Neal
My little one got this at the book fair the other day, and in my opinion, the book was just so-so. My daughter listened to it, but she wasn't even captivated as she is with most books...
Kirstin Kemppainen
When Froggy's parents go out of town they get a baby sitter. Froggy wear her out but in the end they have a good time and Froggy doesn't mind when his parents leave.
Maria
Aug 02, 2013 Maria marked it as to-read
The kids got such a kick out of this book and it makes someone~ that doesn't already know how much work parenting truly is.....adorable recommend it :)
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
Another series the girlchild loves to read to herself. Froggy gets into plenty of mischief, and can get a bit whiny, but then so do my kids. ;)
Alexandria
It's funny when the babysitter at the end says "Thanks, but I think that i'm moving to Australia- real soon." That is the funniet part in the story.
Mary N
Recommended by kids for NYRA 2013, this is just one more book in the Froggy's series. Nothing extraordinary.
Matthew
This was about average for a Froggy book. I like Jonathan London though, so I'll roll with it.
Lisa
Alrighty moms and dads. Cute but not as good as froggy gets dressed.
Kelly
I've been a babysitter, and this book is absolutely spot-on!
Megan
Gotta love Froggy.
Cordelia
Cordelia marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Jonathan London is the author of several celebrated children's books. His commitment to honoring the wonders of the natural world has been lauded by readers and critics alike. He is the author of more than 70 children's books, many of which are about nature. He's also the author of the popular Froggy series. He lives in Graton, California with his wife and two sons.
More about Jonathan London...
Froggy Gets Dressed Froggy Goes to School Froggy Learns to Swim Froggy's First Kiss Froggy Goes to Bed