Start by marking “Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future (and a Way to Get There from Here)” as Want to Read:
Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future (and a Way to Get There from Here)

Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future (and a Way to Get There from Here)

4.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  485 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
We’ve all heard stories of people who’ve experienced seemingly miraculous recoveries from illness, but can the same thing happen for our world? According to pioneering biologist Bruce H. Lipton, it’s not only possible, it’s already occurring.

In Spontaneous Evolution, this world-renowned expert in the emerging science of epigenetics reveals how our changing understanding o
Published September 15th 2009 by Hay House (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Spontaneous Evolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spontaneous Evolution

Sabrina Kinckle
Nov 04, 2009 Sabrina Kinckle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am still reading this book. So far, I am truly enjoying it. I love the matter-of-fact, humorous writing style mixed with concrete scientific evidence on the connection between beliefs and cell generation. This book, so far, is fascinating. It's definitely a must-read! I received it as a gift 3 days ago and can't put it down.
Iona  Stewart
Aug 06, 2011 Iona Stewart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't find this the most readable of books initially, as I couldn't tell where it was going. But when I really got into it, I began to appreciate it. The subject-matter of the book affects all our personal lives - the very existence of the planet, and in fact has broad metaphysical ramifications. I haven't previously read any book quite like it.

The authors examine various myths entrenched in the basic beliefs of our civilization and challenge 1) the main tenets of Newtonian philosophy, basica
Nicholas
Mar 12, 2010 Nicholas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If books are meant to be a source of reflection for the present learning from the past to move into the future while inspiring new levels of awareness and consciousness then few books will ever accomplish this task as well as Lipton's Spontaneous Evolution. The power of global transformation is at hand and the more people intelligently engaged in the conversation at hand, the better.
Francis Vala
Jan 13, 2013 Francis Vala rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book. Definitely recommend it to anyone who is passionate about making a positive change in the world.
Pam
Jul 14, 2013 Pam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this on audio. It was an interesting tour of the history of biology and psychology in relation to the body's ability to heal via the placebo effect. Sort of a "thoughts become things" argument but without the daffy broad from The Secret. Instead you have a science dude and a history dude.

I expected less science and history lessons but they were interesting to hear put in a line toward addressing our current society's methods of killing themselves with pills, killing the environment
Devin.VV
Dec 09, 2013 Devin.VV rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Profound and conscious. Truly a must read for all humans alive today who wish to see a better "now."

This book covers a plethora of coherent ideas leading to a fundemental (and applicable!) method of bringing love into our lives as a tool and spiritual medication.

All my words cannot describe nor communicate the depth and transcendence this book brings. Read it!
Camillo Loken
Apr 15, 2013 Camillo Loken rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good book showing evidence of intelligent design behind creation. I have referred to Liptons work in my own books:

Wake Up You Are God in Disguise - The Paradox of Creation

The Shift in Consciousness and

Michelle Koen
No where near as good as Biology of Belief. I didn't actually finish this. Lipton seems to get too caught up on wordplay and puns and waffle a bit. The actual message of the book, however, was lovely.
Elsie
Jun 16, 2012 Elsie rated it it was amazing
Took me a bit of time to get through it. But it's nevertheless one of the most interesting and important books I have read in recent times.
Erica
The ideas are fascinating and hopeful, and I enjoyed Bruce Lipton's "The Biology of Belief" which creates a framework for the greatly expand vision in this positive and hopeful book. There were two things that detracted from an otherwise valuable book: (1) the political statements, which I personally found naive and misguided, and (2) Dr. Lipton's sad ignorance of his own heritage. The book would've been better without any political insinuations, and would have a wider appeal, since politics ten ...more
Danijel Brestovac
Oct 29, 2013 Danijel Brestovac rated it really liked it
Spontana evolucija

str. 17- vse religije so zrasle v zibelki civilizacije, iz "Plodnega polmeseca", ki je današnji Irak - ki sedaj, ironično, v nevarnosti, da postane grobnica civilizacije. ..... pa vam bomo malo namignili poanto: ODGOVOR NA NAŠE MOLITVE SMO MI.

Str. 21- kriza je iskra, ki razpihuje plamen evolucije.

Str. 22- skratka, naš uspeh temelji na
naši izbiri, ki je pač popolnoma
odvisen od naše zavedanosti.

Str. 25- znanstveno preučevanje neizpodbitno potrjuje, da onesnaženost človekove POHL
Aussiescribbler Aussiescribbler
"There's good news, and there's bad news. The bad news: civilization, as we know it, is about to end. Now, the good news: civilization, as we know it, is about to end."

We find ourselves at a strangely schizophrenic moment in our history as a species. Never have we had such understanding of the workings of our world, and yet we appear to be propelling ourselves inexorably towards our own extinction through a combination of exponential population growth, an economic system which is dependent on an
Michael Stanton
Jun 22, 2015 Michael Stanton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book of 2015 for me. Brings together a lot of ideas with a nice metaphor. The idea is that our civilization(s) needs to recognize we are part of one body, the body of humanity. We need to emphasis co-operation over competition, and create reciprocal instead of extractive relationships. There is a nice section on the move from animism into one-god theology, and moves back and forth along a spectrum. Cool stuff.
John
Apr 21, 2013 John rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Built up to something that didnt happen. Decent book though. Pulls upon the works of Rupert Sheldrake and quantum physics. It concluded that 95% of our mind is subconscious, thus most of our thoughts, behaviour and actions are results of our unconscious programming, mostly placed there from when we were aged 0 to 7. So most of our efforts to change behaviours and ourselves are futile as that engages our conscious part of our brain which takes up 5%. To really change, we must go to the unconsciou ...more
Dryw Hart
A lot of the authors' premises are based on bullshit pseudoscience and (probably deliberate) misinterpretation of real scientific results, but it actually contains a fair amount of interesting philosophical ideas.
David Parker
Most of the book was a summary of "The Biology of Belief". Where "The Biology of Belief" makes the comparison between cells and humans. "Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future" extends it to human's community of cells/organisms to the global community.
Lori Gosselin
Aug 30, 2014 Lori Gosselin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
I read this the first time taking notes! I'm re-reading it now. There is so much in it that I don't even feel qualified to discuss it yet!!! Wonderful reading experience!
Lori
Thomas Katan
Apr 07, 2014 Thomas Katan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting book that touches different topics, bouncing from hardcore science to metaphysical and purely spiritual.
Not the best style of writing but the content is.
Richard Friedericks
I read this a while ago (now it is April 2014) but remember it as a good, light-hearted yet serious read. Featuring Swami Beyondananda!
Wade Jackson
Oh, this is a must-read. It shows how we got to where we are and a bit of a roadmap to move forward. Highly recommended!
Betty Rudd
Feb 08, 2016 Betty Rudd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just loved this book and want to read all he writes!
Dvir Oren
very similar to his other books.
Mary
Apr 03, 2015 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish this were required reading! Looking at our world and the shape it is in can be very disheartening. This book offers hope and a solution if we are just willing to make it happen. I, for one, am a believer and I intend to practice it's methods to the best of my ability. Open your mind and give it a chance! There is no reason for us to live at opposite poles. This book blends science and spirit wonderfully and demonstrates why that is crucial to our survival.
Oscar Romero
Dec 26, 2013 Oscar Romero rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing book that provides many answers to our most common every day questions and helps us realize how we can be better and insure a future for our children---which are indeed, citizens of the same place, mother earth. He covers just about everything so that we, as readers, understand where we are, and where we would want to be—and how to get there.

Strongly recommend this book to everyone who wants to learn and wants to change, for the better.
Emily
Feb 14, 2012 Emily rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Emily by: I read Lipton's previous book
An vitally important book for our times, it's chock full of new information. Epi-genetics is a fascinating subject and Bruce Lipton is a pioneer in the field. The research and information contained in his earlier book, The Biology of Belief, and this book will, in time, cause a shift in the current paradigm of biology and human evolution, and in my opinion, it can't happen soon enough.
Ryan
Jan 03, 2012 Ryan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve mostly enjoyed the biology and science that the authors have made fun and easy to grasp. Good spiritual reflection and motivating. The new age thinking, however, labels God as an impersonal distant "force" or "field." I believe God can, and wants to, be addressed in a more personal way. I lost interest toward the end of the book and didn't finish the last couple chapters.
Phyllis
Jan 12, 2011 Phyllis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some of the analogies are far fetched in my opinion but the theory of evoluiton from single cell organisms to complicated human bodies is right on, and recently confirmed by current research. The subtitle; 'Our positive future and a way to get there from here' is a bit misleading as the book is weak on how we get there. Otherwise a great read.
Michael Friess
Bruce H Lipton did it again - and this time with lots of humour thanks to co-author Steve Bhaerman. Lipton takes the intertwining of science and spirit from his first book, The Biology of Belief, one step further.

Detailed review: http://michael.friess.org/review/2011...
Denise
Sep 21, 2011 Denise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It had some really interesting ideas, and overall I enjoyed reading it, but the packaging of those ideas was lacking. It jumped all over the place, had a lot of really bad puns, and got really really new agey at times.
Memo
Mar 23, 2011 Memo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think Bruce Lipton is great! He's a brilliant scientist who talks and presents his material in terms and words we can all understand. His findings and studies are really good. I really enjoy his work.
  • The God Code
  • The Presence of the Past: Morphic Resonance and the Habits of Nature
  • The Power of Your Spirit: A Guide to Joyful Living
  • The Source Field Investigations: The Hidden Science and Lost Civilizations Behind the 2012 Prophecies
  • Pagan Spirituality: A Guide to Personal Transformation
  • Entangled Minds: Extrasensory Experiences in a Quantum Reality
  • The Translucent Revolution: How People Just Like You Are Waking Up and Changing the World
  • Defy Gravity: Healing Beyond the Bounds of Reason
  • The End of Materialism: How Evidence of the Paranormal Is Bringing Science & Spirit Together
  • The Fourfold Path to Healing: Working with the Laws of Nutrition, Therapeutics, Movement, and Meditation in the Art of Medicine
  • Losing Your Pounds of Pain
  • The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe
  • Limitless Mind: A Guide to Remote Viewing and Transformation of Consciousness
  • The Psychedelic Explorer's Guide: Safe, Therapeutic, and Sacred Journeys
  • The Pleiadian Agenda: A New Cosmology for the Age of Light
  • Peace Is the Way: Bringing War and Violence to an End
  • Mending the Past and Healing the Future with Soul Retrieval
52035
Bruce H. Lipton, PhD is an internationally recognized leader in bridging science and spirit. He has been a guest speaker on hundreds of TV and radio shows, as well as keynote presenter for national and international conferences.

Dr. Lipton began his scientific career as a cell biologist. He received his Ph.D. Degree from the University of Virginia at Charlottesville before joining the Department of
More about Bruce H. Lipton...

“When you find yourself on a vicious cycle, for goodness sakes, stop peddling!” — Swami Beyondananda” 0 likes
“Cells, tissues, and organs do not question information sent by the nervous system. Rather, they respond with equal fervor to accurate life-affirming perceptions and to self-destructive misperceptions. Consequently, the nature of our perceptions greatly influences the fate of our lives.” 0 likes