Start by marking “Been There, Done That” as Want to Read:
Been There, Done That

Been There, Done That

3.05 of 5 stars 3.05  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Eddie on his ex-wives:

Debbie Reynolds: Debbie's whole life has been an act...When I left her for Elizabeth Taylor, she should have won an Academy Award for her portrayal of the wronged woman. [p. 83]

Elizabeth Taylor: If I had known that first night we spent together how our love was going to help destroy my career and, for a time, my life, if I had known how much pain my l...more
Published July 15th 2000 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Been There, Done That, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Been There, Done That

Paul
You know I read this once but I really shouldn't've and you shouldn't neither so, you know, like, just don't. Use the time you save in doing something better, like, you could hoover your cupboards or call your mother or you could marry someone or you could just read something better than this thing like say Lobster Boy or really just about anything. I think I read it because I couldn't imagine anyone marrying Debbie Reynolds AND Elizabeth Taylor in one lifetime, never mind in one five year stret...more
Mark Desrosiers
Jan 19, 2009 Mark Desrosiers marked it as to-read
Carrie enticed me to read this memoir in Wishful Drinking, first by referring to it as a novel, and second by informing us that all his elderly stoner dad tells us here is the quality of the sex he's had in his life, along with detailed descriptions of the bodies involved. Since two of them are Debbie Reynolds and Elizabeth Taylor, hell, I'll read it!
Aly (Fantasy4eva)
I have a soft spot for my biography's and I always seem to gravitate towards those actors/ singers from the early 90s. That's where the curiosity lies.

Eddie Fisher is disgustingly unashamed in the way he demeans and throws around names of famous friends. He exposes many secrets and hardly holds back when it comes to old flames, ex wives including Elizabeth Taylor. But the one who really get's it is Debbie Reynolds. Poor women.

Oh there are no boundaries in this bio and he lays it all on the tabl...more
Ice
Who would've thought that Eddie Fisher, cheesy pop singer, pipsqueak Mouseketeer to the Rat Pack, speed freak and coke fool, AWOL daddy, discarded Liz Taylor boy toy, and husband from hell, could pen a memoir as entertaining as his talented daughter Carrie's? Granted, he has the help of autobiographer to the stars David Fisher (no relation), but still, it's startling how sleekly readable Fisher's misadventures are, and shocking that he comes off with raffish charm and a sense of humor.

Don't worr...more
Stephany G
Well this was an interesting biography. I had to keep looking up all the people that were mentioned since I'm not as familiar with this era of movie stars, and I also did a little research on some of the people mentioned after completing the book. If you know anything about Eddie Fisher (I didn't), then I hope you are prepared to learn that he is a narcissist. He did love Elizabeth Taylor, that much is clear, but this book didn't give me a good impression of him at all.
Katy
I love reading about old hollywood. After reading Carrie Fisher's "Wishful Drinking," I was compelled to read her father's autobiography. Eddie Fisher was a famous singer/actor and hung around with the Rat Pack. He speaks about his life, the women, the fame, the drugs. He talks about Sinatra, Dean Martin, Marilyn, Audrey, Debbie Reynolds (ex-wife), Elizabeth Taylor, to name a few. I just can't get enough. I love old movies and adore Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra. Having a few of my favorites shed...more
Bluegirl
Lots of salacious gossip in this autobiography. Not too many people remember Eddie Fisher, shame, as he was a fine singer.
This book is riveting from start to finish. Eddie doesn't hold back.
Treasure
Well, good thing Eddie can sing, because even with assistance, he is not a writer! He is also quite conceited and nothing, nothing in his drama filled life is ever his fault. Ugh.
Colleen
Entertaining because you can tell Eddie Fisher has no idea of just how sleazy he is.
Dolly
crazy, fanatical eddie fisher, rip.
Dale Stukey
Dale Stukey is currently reading it
Sep 24, 2014
Eva Martinez
Eva Martinez marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Newt
Newt marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Mira
Mira marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Lindsay Thompson
Lindsay Thompson marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Paige D'winter
Paige D'winter marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Traci Callender
Traci Callender marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Eddie: My Life, My Loves Been There, Done That: An Autobiography What Practitioners Consider to Be the Skills and Behaviours of an Effective People Project Manager Tapas De Culture - A short introduction to working with International Teams Managing Emotions in Project Environments: How to manage people's feelings at work effectively