The Diaper Diaries: The Real Poop on a New Mom's First Year

The Diaper Diaries: The Real Poop on a New Mom's First Year

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  26 reviews
She's hilarious. She's also wise and full of empathy. And she helps new mothers maintain the one thing they can't survive without-a sense of humor. Cynthia Copeland, a mother of three (and author of Really Important Stuff My Kids Have Taught Me, with 325,000 copies in print), knows the real poop-figuratively and literally-on being a new mother, and she has the wit, skill,...more
Published April 7th 2003 by Workman Publishing Company

Julie
May 08, 2008 Julie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: new moms--first time moms especially!
Loved it! I read this while I was nursing my first baby for hours on end. As a first time mom who didn't really know anyone with kids, it made me laugh and definitely helped me feel "normal" when I was feeling like I was the only one who had ever gone through some of the things that were happening. This would make a great gift for a new mom!
Zuzana
A great, funny, brainless read for new moms. I thought parts were really hilarious, and then got to pass it on to a friend who's expecting so she too could be entertained.
Kate
Feb 18, 2009 Kate rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mommies to be, Mommies in that first year
Recommended to Kate by: Sales clerk at Borders
This book is a riot! Any woman about to have a baby or who has just had a baby needs to read this! I know it's hard to take time to sit and read when you are changing poopy diapers, pumping breast milk, and rocking a screaming baby to sleep. This one is well worth it! You will find yourself laughing so loud that you wake your sleeping baby. That's okay! There is a section about lullabies!!!! Get that kid back to sleep and keep on reading lol! You deserve the laughs!
Alison
Aug 18, 2007 Alison rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: New Moms
This book isn't a how-to book for new moms, it actually offers very little in the way of practical advice. However, it is hilarious! I was laughing out loud the whole time I read it! Even though my daughter is 4 months old so I'm past alot of the stuff mentioned in the book, that made it even more funny because I could so remember and relate to the things they were talking about. I really enjoyed reading this book and think it would be a great gift for a new mom.
Tina Gauthier
I really needed this book during the first few months of my second child's life. I had postpartum depression and nothing seemed to make me laugh. My husband got me out of the house and found me laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. We did not have much money but he grabbed the book out of my hands and bought it for me. Now my kids are 3 and 4 years old. It still makes me laugh and recall those days.
Shaunika
Jul 29, 2008 Shaunika rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All mothers and fathers!
Recommended to Shaunika by: My mom
This book is hilarious!! Great humorous look at motherhood. It was funny when I had my first child, but about six to eight months into motherhood, once I had a bit more experience, I re-read the book and it was so hilarious!!
Nickole
Just finished this book. (read a couple pages per night)...it is hilarious and spot on. I say you should only read this after your baby is like 6mo. or older. I laughed out loud a lot.
Errica
This book is a light read and quite entertaining; providing many opportunities to laugh at, and enjoy one's role as new mother. It's easy to read while nursing! A fun new baby gift.
Anna Bled
It was OK. Pretty funny. I thought there would be some useful advice mixed in there, but it's all just light humor.
Skylar Burris
Funny, and oh-so-true, this is a great "parenting" book for the new mom, about four to six months after the child is born, and she can look back on it all with humor.
Ginny
I got this book before I had my son, and found it intriguing. I read it again after he was born and found it to be hilarious and true!!
Reena
Hilarious look at parenthood, made me laugh out loud many times, great illustrations. Brilliant and hilarious.
Kelly Ann
Not as funny as I had hoped, but it was certainly a quick read through many middle of the night nursing sessions.
BeccaJane
Oh this book is HILARIOUS if any of you can get your hands on it, please do! A definite MUST READ for any mom!!
A funny look at what I'm about to experience. A good reminder to keep it all in perspective!
Darby
Hilarious and so accurate. A great present for the mama on baby's first birthday.
Donna
I must be getting too old to laugh at this stuff. The subtitle says it all. "Real POOP"!
Tiffany
SO FUNNY! Makes you feel like you might actually be a normal mother.
Heather
Sooo funny for new mom's, I laughed out loud several times :)
Kathleen
Apr 03, 2008 Kathleen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Angie, Janice, Tina
Hilarious & quick-read for any new mom or moms with young children.
Paula
I read this after my first child was born, it was very funny!
Lindsay Malouf
So funny! Every new mom should read this!
Nicole
Pretty funny stuff for a first time mom!
Heidi
Very cute book for a new mom!
Crystal
great for moms
Harpreet Singh
Harpreet Singh marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Kristian
Kristian marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Family Fun Night Fun on the Run!: 324 Instant Family Activities Really Important Stuff My Kids Have Taught Me The 312 Best Things About Being a Stepmom: For those days when you can only come up with one or two on your own. Lost Sock!: 200 Clever Ways to Use Your Single Socks