Start by marking “Buffy a Caçadora de Vampiros (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Novelizations, #1)” as Want to Read:
Buffy a Caçadora de Vampiros (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Novelizations, #1)

Buffy a Caçadora de Vampiros (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Novelizations #1)

3.79  ·  Rating Details ·  1,148 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Em menos de dois meses desapareceram quatro jovens em Los Angeles. Mas Buffy anda demasiado ocupada com os preparativos para o baile de finalistas. Um dia, aparece-lhe um estranho, Merrick, que lhe comunica que ela é a Escolhida- só Buffy, a chefe da claque da escola, pode impedir que os vampiros se apoderem da cidade. Eles estão por toda a parte...Nem nos próprios amigos ...more
Published by Verbo (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Buffy a Caçadora de Vampiros, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buffy a Caçadora de Vampiros

Alejandro
It's amazing how the franchise of Buffy, the Vampire Slayer begun with this chessy & campy movie. It was good that Joss Whedon never lost faith on his "baby" and he knew that he has something good between hands. Also, it was good that FOX Network was in dire need to fill its TV schedule when the network was beginning. So, Whedon got green light to shoot a pilot based on the original concept. Whedon took out what was plainly bad and/or without good taste BUT keeping the fun of the concept of ...more
Iva
I was really young when I've first read this book and of course these days I thought it was amazing, although now I've finally understood how poor (at least) the Czech translation is. Nevertheless, in the Czech Republic it's quite rare book and I'm really glad I own one.
Richard Denney
I need this book.
NOW!
Zara Mcaspurren
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is better known as the television show that shot Joss Whedon to King of Geekdom. Before the show, however, there was the movie, which is actually really bad. This book is based on that movie. Well, technically it's based more on Whedon's rather excellent script, with elements of the movie added to it so that there is a clear connection. How does the book rate?

Well, it's a short read, and quite enjoyable. Using the script means that the wittier dialogue Whedon wrote is
David Caldwell
The one that started it all. Yes i did read this before the TV series started and I thought it was better than the original movie even though it didn't seal my fate as a Buffy fan, it was definitelt a contributing factor
Bianca Mendes
Jun 01, 2017 Bianca Mendes rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, fantasia
Gostei muito! Era super interessante e com um ótimo vocabulário. E a parte das brigas era muito cativante.
Slayermel
This is the novelization of the original “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” Movie starring Kristy Swanson, Donald Sutherland & Luke Perry. The screenplay was written by Joss Whedon and this is the movie that started it all.

This novelization stays very true to the movie; it was like watching it play in my head. I’m bias in my rating of the book, as this is one of my favourite movies.

Buffy is head cheerleader, loves to shop and enjoys endless discussions of absolutely nothing with her friends. She d
Brent Ecenbarger
Feb 18, 2016 Brent Ecenbarger rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buffy
Samantha
Jul 03, 2013 Samantha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Overall I was unimpressed. I had never seen the movie that the book is based off of, although I am familiar with the TV show created by the same screenwriter. The story was an easy read and definitely a good intro to the popular television show. And, although the movie came well before the show, and this book was based on the movie's screenplay, there were still a number of things that were similar to the first season of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer show. I guess, personally, I wouldn't recommen ...more
Rose Dawson
Buffy,moje naprosto nejoblíbenější ženská hrdinka.Je mi líto,že v ČR vyšla oficiálně jen 1.česká knížka.Zasloužila by si více českých ScoobyGangů,ale vratme se ke knížce.Odehrává se v době,kdy Buffy byla jen ''obyčejná'' středoškolačka,kterou zajímají jen kluci,oblečení,vzhled.Na to,že je knížka tak tenoučká a staršího typu se mi moc líbila,přenést se do doby,kdy Buffy byla hloupočká,zranitelná dívka,kterou čeká ještě spousta dobrodružství.Knížku rozhodně doporučuju všem Buffy fanouškům,bude se ...more
Dark-Draco

I'm a big fan of the film and the series - and felt a bit let down by this book. Like a lot of movie novelisations, it lacked characterisation, so if I hadn't seen the film, I would have never cared enough about the characters to read on. I'm still glad I read it though, as it made me want to track down the film to watch all over again.

Sterile - if you want to read really good Buffy books, check out those by Nancy Holder or Christopher Golden.
Leila Anani
Very sparse novelization of the 1992 film, has a slightly different ending to the film as it's based on the original screenplay.

As film novelizations go this one isn't great, it doesn't add anything (other than the end) and would be no good at all for those unfamilliar with the movie, there's very little description and it moves at a breakneck speed so that it's not always totally clear what's happened. Feels rushed.
Cindy F
Aug 30, 2016 Cindy F rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-read-again
I loved the story and can see why it spawned a movie and a tv series. Even though the chapters were really short, the characters were well developed and entertaining. I could see the story happening in my head one scene at a time. The book is short but well balanced and one that I want to read again.
Raquel Bernardes
Aug 13, 2016 Raquel Bernardes rated it liked it
Acompanhei primeiro a série e depois encontrei este livro numa loja bastante conhecida ( Cash and Carry), mas confesso que ainda hoje prefiro a série do que o livro. Há situações em que por vezes gostamos primeiro dos livros e só depois das séries ou filmes.

Jessie Radford
Oct 25, 2014 Jessie Radford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes while the original movie was a little more campy than the tv series and the book being thus so. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It didn't contain many pages to so it was a one seating read. But I liked the lighter air of this version. But readers be warned, unless you actually grew up during the 80's and 90's the "valley girl" dialogue can be difficult.
Katrina Sutton
I remember the movie coming out around the time I was 10 and wishing I could watch it. And then a new series came out on tv based off of the movie and the book. I didn't know there was a book. So I had to read it and that is when I discovered it was by Richie Tankersley Cusick. I loved her books and so I knew the book was going to be good.
Valerie
Nov 16, 2010 Valerie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book that got me into vampires. I'm the odd one that's a huge fan of ths book and the movie but not so much the series. It captured teen angst, humor and horror without being entirely too serious.
Bruno Maia
Nov 15, 2011 Bruno Maia rated it it was ok
The writing is not that good (Portuguese Version) and I thought that everything was to easy for a "rookie" vampire slayer like Buffy. Everything she had done was successfull, but hey, she's the chosen one..

2/5
Kate
Standards movie novelization, but a fun read! Written by Richie Tankersley Cusick, an author I well remember from the the late 80s/early 90s YA horror scene.
Jun 13, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a novelization of the Buffy movie by someone other than Joss Whedon. If you are a fan of the TV series, this won't feel very Buffy to you.
Angela
Aug 08, 2010 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: movie-tie-in
The book is very much like the movie. Very enjoyable, and a quick read.
Nate
it was good
Larry Arnold
Sep 05, 2012 Larry Arnold rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
it was funny like the movie
YoSafBridg
This is an incredibly faithful novelization by an author who does many of them. It really isn't much more than that but then what do you expect from a novelization?
Cathy
Jul 30, 2016 Cathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So much better than the 'cheesy' movie.
Laura Elizabeth
Apr 16, 2012 Laura Elizabeth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-stars
This was a part of my Buffy phase, but the series is better. I'd recommend skipping the books for the series.
Martina Bobalić
Martina Bobalić rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2013
Dylann
Dylann rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2015
Richard
Richard rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2012
tv series 2 5 Feb 20, 2014 08:34PM
  • Halloween Rain (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, #1)
  • City Of
  • Vengeance  (Angel: Season 2, #4)
  • The Cordelia Collection (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Novelizations, #12)
  • Door to Alternity (Unseen Trilogy, #2)
  • Cursed (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 6, #1; Angel: Season 3, #1)
  • The Xander Years, Vol. 1 (The Xander Years, #1)
  • Visitors (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #18)
  • Paleo (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #5)
Richie Tankersley Cusick is the bestselling young adult author of over 25 titles, including two adult horror titles, "Scarecrow" and "Blood Roots". Her popularity grew at the height of the horror/YA boom in the late 80's/early 90's, particularly with books like "Lifeguard" , "Trick or Treat" and "Teacher's Pet", just to name a few, allowing her to keep company on the bestseller paperback lists wit ...more
More about Richie Tankersley Cusick...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Novelizations (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Harvest (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Novelizations, #2)
  • The Angel Chronicles, Vol. 1 (The Angel Chronicles, #1)
  • The Angel Chronicles, Vol. 2  (The Angel Chronicles, #2)
  • The Angel Chronicles, Vol. 3 (The Angel Chronicles, #3)
  • The Xander Years, Vol. 1 (The Xander Years, #1)
  • The Xander Years, Vol. 2 (The Xander Years, #2)
  • The Willow Files, Vol. 1 (The Willow Files, #1)
  • The Willow Files, Vol. 2 (The Willow Files, #2)
  • The Faith Trials (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Novelizations, #10)
  • Buffy: The Journals of Rupert Giles, Vol. 1 (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Novelizations, #11)

“Time is what turns kittens into cats.” 46 likes