Start by marking “F My Life” as Want to Read:
F My Life

F My Life (VDM de poche)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  1,196 ratings  ·  116 reviews
Today, my boss fired me via text message. I don’t have a text messaging plan. I paid 25 cents to get fired.

Your girlfriend dumped you, your car broke down, your boss passed you up for the big promotion. Life’s not fair, but there is one sure-fire way to ease your pain–laughing at someone else who had an even worse day than you did.

Enter the devastatingly funny world of F
Published June 9th 2009 by Villard (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about F My Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about F My Life

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsGood Omens by Terry PratchettLamb by Christopher MooreThe Princess Bride by William GoldmanMe Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
Best Humorous Books
457th out of 2,951 books — 5,658 voters
Curious George by H.A. ReyHow Not to Murder Your Grumpy by Carol E. WyerThe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonWatchmen by Alan MooreOne Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss
Yellowest Books Ever
90th out of 887 books — 418 voters

More lists with this book...

AndRea
Snažila som sa ju čítať najpomalšie ako som vedela, lebo som si nechcela všetky tie vtipné príhody minúť na raz, ale už som to dlhšie nevydržala.
K tejto knihe sa budem určite vždy vracať, keď mi bude nanič. Čistý príklad toho, že nikdy nie je tak zle, aby nemohlo byť ešte horšie.
BTW. Mojou najklikanejšou stránkou je teraz fmylife.com, odporúčam absolútne každému!
Shannon
Not many things make me laugh, but this book had me laughing out loud at every page! Crude and inappropriate (maybe), but hysterical nonetheless. This book IS my life, on so many pages. Thanks to the friend who gave it to me!
Katja
Das Beste aus einem französischen Kult-Blog, in den jeder sein persönliches Mißgeschick eintragen konnte. Zusammengetragen und mit Illustrationen verfeinert, ergibt das ein Bild von mehr oder minder witzigen Geschichten. Recht amüsant, solange es anderen passiert, aber eben nicht wirklich unterhaltend, weil man ehrer nur Gedankensplitter liest und dann es dann trotzdem nur in kurzen Zusammenfassungen.
Die Illustrationen sind allerdings recht gut, wenn man so siehst, wie viel Mühe das Zeichen der
T.O. Munro
A cheerful way to while away the half of a long car journey that I spent being the passenger. The moments range from the bizarre to the awful.

I suppose I could have added my own - Like the time decades ago as twelve year old at a very early stage of learning German, when I was wheeled up at one of my parents' parties to strut my linguistic stiff infront of one of dad's german work colleagues. So I said "Ich bin der Fuhrer" to a man who had served in the Hitler Youth.

Like another favourite, the
Lucia
Sometimes funny, sometimes heart-breaking, its really a mixed bag.

I wanted to enjoy this book ever since I spotted it for sale in HMV. I picked up the book and was ready to laugh at some of the hilarious situations that people have gone through in their lives. There's nothing funnier than hearing about someone's embarrassing or disappointing story. It's natural to laugh at others misfortune... However...

The book isn't entirely funny. I guess that's okay since its not advertised as being purely c
Chip
It is impossible to read from this book without laughing out loud. I challenge everyone to try it.

This book is a collection of submissions from the website fmylife.com - you can go there and read the most recent posts for yourself.

Alex and I picked this book out of the 99-cent bin at BooksAMillion in Meridian during a recent trip to Mississippi. Turns out it wasn't on sale and I paid top dollar for it (FML). Alex read from it for the last two hours of the drive. It was great. We arrived at our
Miranda Moore
This will probably be one of my more brief reviews since there isn't really too much to explain about this one. I thought this would be a book about how the popular website, "F My Life" came to be. But it was more a compilation of "FMLs" thrown together.

The FMLs also seemed hastily thrown together to me. There seemed to be no way of keeping them in order and I think that would have benefited the endeavor better. Another problem was that I recognized a lot of them from the site, not a good pitch
Elle
I haven't actually visited the website for a few years so when I saw this book in the sale, I thought it would be nice to re-visit.

I was, however, very disappointed in this book. To start with, it is meant to be read in small doses and that is exactly what I did, but it still didn't stop me from getting bored. This book dragged on. It was a pretty quick read but it felt far longer.

Anything that you get from this book can be found on the site, and while this may be a collection of the best ones,
Cindy
Funny snippets from postings from a website - these will definitely pick you up (as in "well, at least my life isn't that bad") or, in some cases, make you grimace in sympathy. There are the just unlucky (start to fall down the stairs, catch yourself, take another step, fall the rest of the way), the lovelorn (spent a huge amount of money to surprise girlfriend in exotic location to propose and she texts a breakup to you at the airport when you land), the foot-in-mouth (asking the guy with an ar ...more
✟ℜoxanne✟(Death by ßook Avalanche)
Do you ever feel like your life is going down the toilet? Does something happen to you where you just wish the ground would open up and swallow you? Then read this book! Nothing makes you feel better about your own misfortune than reading about other people's misfortune. This book is a hilarious collection of unfortunate events that have affected members of the general public. These are the most popular stories taken from the website FML and are guaranteed to make you chuckle to yourself. I know ...more
Charlene Armstrong
This was a very quick read that left me thinking that it was meant to be a "bathroom" book.

I thought for a few of the FML moments that could relate to them! Then there were the ones that made me sad for the people that wrote them, and finally there were the moments that I just couldn't believe happened.

It's ok read - but better to tune in on their website instead of having it all in one book.
Jenee Rager
Just because you can read a book in one sitting, doesn't mean that's the best way to do it. Unfortunately I have some sort of OCD that won't allow me to start another book without finishing my current one so I read "F My Life" straight through. There were definitely some laugh out loud funny stories. A few that were so outrageous I tend to believe they were made up, but for the most part they were relatable little paragraphs that made you feel better about your own screwed up life.
Kai
I assumed this would be a lot like America's Funniest Home Videos and give me a laugh, but for the most part it was mean people doing and saying mean things to each other. Wasn't worth the time I gave it.
Kay Mcaloney
There were very few things that made me laugh out loud. Most of it made me think of conversations that 14 year boys would have in a locker room. What wasn't funny was disgusting. Would not recommend unless you like bathroom humor.
MythicGeek
Cynthia Jones
Humorous, witty, but sometimes depressing

The quips and stories all have only one theme - and it is to make you feel better about your life while reading!

These are often sad, bummer situations that can also share some familiarity but can cause chuckles as well.

Kind of a guilty pleasure.
Dave Sippel
This book seems like it is a collection of twitter stories. You can fit three or even four complete stories onto one page. You wont find much intellectual stimulation in this book but there are a lot of awesome stories of everyday fails.

"Today I was arrested because my six year old son called the police, saying that I was hitting my wife and that she was crying. My wife and I had been having sex."

"Today my parents met my boyfriends parents for the first time...bailing us out of jail."
Crystal
All the submissions are mixed, so unless you're willing to sort through an onslaught of assholes expecting sympathy when confronted by the consequences of their actions (e.g., "Today, my mistress called my wife on the phone. FML"), then don't bother.

Some I'm hoping are prelude to instant break-up; I lost track of how many horrible boyfriends/fiancés subjected their supposedly significant other to the most base of disregard.

And there are a fair few that I'm certain were made up.

That said, there
Racquel
This book is Schadenfreude at its best. The events were painfully hilarious. it's a fun read especially if your life is full of shit. This book is like saying it could be worst.
Peacegal
Today a creepy man on the subway said he liked my eyeballs. It was the best compliment I’ve received in months. FML

Feeling low? This humorous collection of embarrassing and humiliating stories from the archives of the website of the same name will let you know there are many out there who can relate. Nearly every page of these tales of woe had me chuckling out loud.

As with many websites of the “true confessions” genre, it’s certain that a percentage of the submitted stories are fake. Better edi
Jan Self
Funny!!!

This was one of the funniest books I have read!! I loved it!! And sadly could relate to a lot of them.
Amoy
some parts were funny, others disgusting and the rest were borderline depressing
Erika
Here's yet another blog-births-book scenario. A few French folks created the FML blog for anyone and everyone to post their miseries and mishaps that life is always sure to bring. Some of the follies seem a bit contrived, but stranger things have certainly happened. The misfortunes that had me laughing out loud were of the typical shake-your-head-and-sigh variety. I mean, who can't identify with the klutz who falls UP the stairs and catches his balance midway, only to take another step that trip ...more
Yadira
Very funny!
Maggie
Skvele som sa pobavila :D fakt odporúčam - riadne sa pri tých trapasoch nasmejete
Amy
This is one of the most depressing books I've ever read. This was supposed to be funny? I seriously hope 99% of that book was made up, because if not... wow, the world is going to Hell in a handbasket. :(
Shaida Hossein
A collection of FML's in a novel format. Over 200 pages, but just took me a little over an hour to complete it. Definitely funny, but I think FML's are meant for people to read in small doses and not read the entire book straight through. Easy and light reading, which was perfect for reading after studying last night for an exam. There was no one FML that stood out; therefore, I think it is safe to say you can just get your FML dose from the website daily instead of reading this book."
Krzysztof
Well, yeah, it's a website in paper form. The 'FML's' are all quite similar, there's a few themes which are reproduced ad nauseum throughout the whole thing... They're not very funny, some of them you can't really sympathise with (because they're either stupid, or assholes, or both), generally speaking a boring book. I can see somebody keeping it next to the toilet to read a paragraph or two while on the can, but otherwise it's essentially a waste of time.
Octavio Rivera
damn, that was funny.
  • Texts From Last Night: All the Texts That No One Remembers Sending
  • Sh*t My Kids Ruined: An A-Z Celebration of Kid-Destruction
  • People of Walmart: Shop and Awe
  • The Customer Is Not Always Right: Hilarious and Horrific Tales of Customers Gone Wrong
  • Damn You, Autocorrect!: Awesomely Embarrassing Text Messages You Didn't Mean to Send
  • The Book of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks: A Celebration of Creative Punctuation
  • P.S. I Hate It Here: Kids' Letters from Camp
  • I Can Has Cheezburger?: A LOLcat Colleckshun
  • Milk Eggs Vodka: Grocery Lists Lost and Found
  • Signspotting: Absurd and Amusing Signs from Around the World
  • F in Exams: The Best Test Paper Blunders
  • Dear Old Love: Anonymous Notes to Former Crushes, Sweethearts, Husbands, Wives, &  Ones That Got Away

VDM de poche (3 books)
  • Vie de Merde - La suite...
  • F My Life World Tour
F My Life World Tour Vie de Merde - La suite... F My Life World Tour: Life's Crappiest Moments from Around the Globe Vie de merde : Best of Vie de Merde - L'intégrale 2 Volumes