Start by marking “F My Life” as Want to Read:
F My Life

F My Life (VDM de poche)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  1,041 ratings  ·  104 reviews
Today, my boss fired me via text message. I don’t have a text messaging plan. I paid 25 cents to get fired.

Your girlfriend dumped you, your car broke down, your boss passed you up for the big promotion. Life’s not fair, but there is one sure-fire way to ease your pain–laughing at someone else who had an even worse day than you did.

Enter the devastatingly funny world of F
Published June 9th 2009 by Villard (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about F My Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about F My Life

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsGood Omens by Terry PratchettLamb by Christopher MooreMe Talk Pretty One Day by David SedarisThe Princess Bride by William Goldman
Best Humorous Books
404th out of 2,494 books — 4,865 voters
Curious George by H.A. ReyHow Not to Murder Your Grumpy by Carol E. WyerThe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonWatchmen by Alan MooreOne Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss
Yellowest Books Ever
81st out of 802 books — 389 voters

More lists with this book...

AndRea
Snažila som sa ju čítať najpomalšie ako som vedela, lebo som si nechcela všetky tie vtipné príhody minúť na raz, ale už som to dlhšie nevydržala.
K tejto knihe sa budem určite vždy vracať, keď mi bude nanič. Čistý príklad toho, že nikdy nie je tak zle, aby nemohlo byť ešte horšie.
BTW. Mojou najklikanejšou stránkou je teraz fmylife.com, odporúčam absolútne každému!
Shannon
Not many things make me laugh, but this book had me laughing out loud at every page! Crude and inappropriate (maybe), but hysterical nonetheless. This book IS my life, on so many pages. Thanks to the friend who gave it to me!
Lucia
Sometimes funny, sometimes heart-breaking, its really a mixed bag.

I wanted to enjoy this book ever since I spotted it for sale in HMV. I picked up the book and was ready to laugh at some of the hilarious situations that people have gone through in their lives. There's nothing funnier than hearing about someone's embarrassing or disappointing story. It's natural to laugh at others misfortune... However...

The book isn't entirely funny. I guess that's okay since its not advertised as being purely c
Chip
It is impossible to read from this book without laughing out loud. I challenge everyone to try it.

This book is a collection of submissions from the website fmylife.com - you can go there and read the most recent posts for yourself.

Alex and I picked this book out of the 99-cent bin at BooksAMillion in Meridian during a recent trip to Mississippi. Turns out it wasn't on sale and I paid top dollar for it (FML). Alex read from it for the last two hours of the drive. It was great. We arrived at our
Elle
I haven't actually visited the website for a few years so when I saw this book in the sale, I thought it would be nice to re-visit.

I was, however, very disappointed in this book. To start with, it is meant to be read in small doses and that is exactly what I did, but it still didn't stop me from getting bored. This book dragged on. It was a pretty quick read but it felt far longer.

Anything that you get from this book can be found on the site, and while this may be a collection of the best ones,
Cindy
Funny snippets from postings from a website - these will definitely pick you up (as in "well, at least my life isn't that bad") or, in some cases, make you grimace in sympathy. There are the just unlucky (start to fall down the stairs, catch yourself, take another step, fall the rest of the way), the lovelorn (spent a huge amount of money to surprise girlfriend in exotic location to propose and she texts a breakup to you at the airport when you land), the foot-in-mouth (asking the guy with an ar ...more
Roxanne
Do you ever feel like your life is going down the toilet? Does something happen to you where you just wish the ground would open up and swallow you? Then read this book! Nothing makes you feel better about your own misfortune than reading about other people's misfortune. This book is a hilarious collection of unfortunate events that have affected members of the general public. These are the most popular stories taken from the website FML and are guaranteed to make you chuckle to yourself. I know ...more
Charlene Armstrong
This was a very quick read that left me thinking that it was meant to be a "bathroom" book.

I thought for a few of the FML moments that could relate to them! Then there were the ones that made me sad for the people that wrote them, and finally there were the moments that I just couldn't believe happened.

It's ok read - but better to tune in on their website instead of having it all in one book.
Jenee Rager
Just because you can read a book in one sitting, doesn't mean that's the best way to do it. Unfortunately I have some sort of OCD that won't allow me to start another book without finishing my current one so I read "F My Life" straight through. There were definitely some laugh out loud funny stories. A few that were so outrageous I tend to believe they were made up, but for the most part they were relatable little paragraphs that made you feel better about your own screwed up life.
Shell
Dave Sippel
This book seems like it is a collection of twitter stories. You can fit three or even four complete stories onto one page. You wont find much intellectual stimulation in this book but there are a lot of awesome stories of everyday fails.

"Today I was arrested because my six year old son called the police, saying that I was hitting my wife and that she was crying. My wife and I had been having sex."

"Today my parents met my boyfriends parents for the first time...bailing us out of jail."
Crystal
All the submissions are mixed, so unless you're willing to sort through an onslaught of assholes expecting sympathy when confronted by the consequences of their actions (e.g., "Today, my mistress called my wife on the phone. FML"), then don't bother.

Some I'm hoping are prelude to instant break-up; I lost track of how many horrible boyfriends/fiancés subjected their supposedly significant other to the most base of disregard.

And there are a fair few that I'm certain were made up.

That said, there
Peacegal
Today a creepy man on the subway said he liked my eyeballs. It was the best compliment I’ve received in months. FML

Feeling low? This humorous collection of embarrassing and humiliating stories from the archives of the website of the same name will let you know there are many out there who can relate. Nearly every page of these tales of woe had me chuckling out loud.

As with many websites of the “true confessions” genre, it’s certain that a percentage of the submitted stories are fake. Better edi
Erika
Here's yet another blog-births-book scenario. A few French folks created the FML blog for anyone and everyone to post their miseries and mishaps that life is always sure to bring. Some of the follies seem a bit contrived, but stranger things have certainly happened. The misfortunes that had me laughing out loud were of the typical shake-your-head-and-sigh variety. I mean, who can't identify with the klutz who falls UP the stairs and catches his balance midway, only to take another step that trip ...more
Maggie
Skvele som sa pobavila :D fakt odporúčam - riadne sa pri tých trapasoch nasmejete
Amy
This is one of the most depressing books I've ever read. This was supposed to be funny? I seriously hope 99% of that book was made up, because if not... wow, the world is going to Hell in a handbasket. :(
Shaida Hossein
A collection of FML's in a novel format. Over 200 pages, but just took me a little over an hour to complete it. Definitely funny, but I think FML's are meant for people to read in small doses and not read the entire book straight through. Easy and light reading, which was perfect for reading after studying last night for an exam. There was no one FML that stood out; therefore, I think it is safe to say you can just get your FML dose from the website daily instead of reading this book."
Krzysztof
Well, yeah, it's a website in paper form. The 'FML's' are all quite similar, there's a few themes which are reproduced ad nauseum throughout the whole thing... They're not very funny, some of them you can't really sympathise with (because they're either stupid, or assholes, or both), generally speaking a boring book. I can see somebody keeping it next to the toilet to read a paragraph or two while on the can, but otherwise it's essentially a waste of time.
Octavio Rivera
damn, that was funny.
Anna
Great for a laugh, despite how terrible some of the situations in this book are. Sadly enough, a lot of these made me feel better about my own life. I guess that's why people bully others or make fun of them, huh?

But it was also annoying to see that a lot of complaints in this book were related to being a virgin or not having sex in a long time. God, does nothing else matter to people? Or am I just a freak?
Amanda
This was just okay. Some of the things were silly, some gross, but mostly just unfortunate. Here's my favorite one, from page116, which states, "Today my five-year-old nephew showed me green Martians he had made with his new Play-Doh set. I smiled and said, 'Wow! Now, how about some blue Martians?' He looked at me and replied, 'How about some blue shut the fuck up?' FML"
Robyn
I bought this for my husband on Valentines Day because I didn't know what else to get him. Needless to say we were both in stitches with tears in our eyes reading the book together. When you think your life can't get any worse, pick up this book for sh*ts and giggles. Sometimes it's good to laugh at other peoples misfortunes and makes your day not seem so bad after all!
Irick Marie
Some of the 'experiences' were hilarious and totally humiliating. It would really make you scream FML!!! I could relate to some of the situations and worst case scenarios too. ^^ But the others were kinda lame and ho-hum... Nevertheless, it was a fun book to read. The fact that it REALLY happened to some unlucky idiots out there made it double hilarious. XD XD XD
Christina
Not as funny as expected. Amusing at first, but the repetition grew tiring and the humor faded. Still, would be good to pick up occasionally when in need of a smile, but that's nothing you can't get off the website for free, or make up yourself.

I just love tacking on 'fuck my life' to the end of all my daily whinings. Didn't need a book for that!
Jack
What a gamut of emotions! Some submissions were outright raunchy, others shocking, some disgusting, even more were so, so sad, and every one of them uncomfortable in some fashion. Pretty sure I am no smarter for having read that, not one bit. Though it is perhaps my favorite bathroom read of all time. That and "Stuff White People Like."
Michelle
Jan 19, 2010 Michelle rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 15+ for drawings and mature subjects...well, mature might not be the word...
Recommended to Michelle by: Mallory!
Shelves: owned, adult
Want to have a quick laugh but are without your laptop, iPod, or cell phone? Then this is the book for you!
Got this for Christmas, because my friend knew that I highly enjoyed funny people...and I have highly enjoyed it. Great for when you are having a bad day and just want to laugh at somebody else.

Lauren
I think I would have liked this better if I had broken up my reading -- a few pages here, a few pages there, just picking it up when I needed a laugh. Doing it in big chunks (or all in one go) results in schadenfreude overload. Honestly, by the end, it had ceased being funny, and I just felt sad.
Deasy Rostianti
Wanna read something which is embarrassing yet totally hilarious???well..it is my first recommendation. there are some moments where I will laugh myself outloud and say 'F***, been there..done that' and 'God, it's humiliating chapter of my life story', i wish I could my face somewhere else...
T. Vivian
Well, your own day won't seem quite so bad when you read these stories, that's for sure. However, most of them seem too far-fetched to have actually taken place, and I read the book in little more than an hour, so you don't exactly get your money's worth, even with the Kindle edition.
Nik
A nice quick read that you can pick up and put down whenever you want, if you can put it down that is.
I liked it because you dont have to keep reading it to remember a storyline, because there isn't one. You could set it down for months or years and not need to start over.
  • Texts From Last Night: All the Texts That No One Remembers Sending
  • Sh*t My Kids Ruined: An A-Z Celebration of Kid-Destruction
  • People of Walmart: Shop and Awe
  • The Customer Is Not Always Right: Hilarious and Horrific Tales of Customers Gone Wrong
  • The Book of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks: A Celebration of Creative Punctuation
  • P.S. I Hate it Here: Kids' Letters from Camp
  • Damn You, Autocorrect!: Awesomely Embarrassing Text Messages You Didn't Mean to Send
  • Passive Aggressive Notes: Painfully Polite and Hilariously Hostile Writings
  • 1,001 Facts That Will Scare the S#*t Out of You: The Ultimate Bathroom Reader
  • Awkward Family Photos
  • Milk Eggs Vodka: Grocery Lists Lost and Found
  • I Lick My Cheese And Other Notes: From The Frontline Of Flatsharing
  • Regretsy: The World's Oddest, Most Ridiculous, and Most Disturbing Crafts
  • Signspotting: Absurd and Amusing Signs from Around the World
  • When Parents Text: So Much Said...So Little Understood
  • Dear Old Love: Anonymous Notes to Former Crushes, Sweethearts, Husbands, Wives, &  Ones That Got Away
  • I Can Has Cheezburger?: A LOLcat Colleckshun
  • F in Exams: The Funniest Test Paper Blunders
F My Life World Tour Vie de Merde - La suite... F My Life: And You Thought You'd Had A Bad Day... F My Life World Tour: Life's Crappiest Moments from Around the Globe Vie de merde : Best of