Start by marking “Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Hound of the Baskervilles (Illustrated Classic Editions)” as Want to Read:

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  6,185 ratings  ·  19 reviews
In a specially adapted version for young readers by Malvina G. Vogel.

The curse of a supernatural hound brings Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson to England's gloomy moor country to solve Sir Charle Baskerville's murder. Will they find the murderer in time to prevent another killing? And what strange secrets are the people in and around Baskerville Hall trying to hide? Follow t
Paperback, Illustrated Classic Editions, 4502, 233 pages
Published 1977 by Moby Books/Playmore, Inc./I. Waldman & Son, Inc.

Be the first to ask a question about Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Hound of the Baskervilles

Preston
Wow. Stellar book, I must say. I came across this book when my grandmother bought me this book in a big bundle of books. I perused through them and found this one. I am a big fan of Sherlock Holmes, and this book sparked an interest in me. I started reading it and got really confused. However, I eventually figured it out and got the hang of things. Skip the next paragraph if you do not want the book spoiled in a brief summary.

This book is about a hound that is killing people in the graveyard ne
Anisa Nurjanah
After all the hardships, I can finally grab this book in my hand!

Well, not in this edition actually, I read it as in translation version of this, but since I can't find the translation version to be reviewed, I'll put my review in this edition.

The Hound of Baskervilles' case is one of another top story of Sherlock's series. I like how in this edition, Watson proves himself to be able to investigate the case without any lead from Sherlock (view spoiler)
Lukedd96
In Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Hound of the Baskervilles Sherlock Holmes is at it again. Him and Dr. Watson are on a case about the Baskerville family curse. There are only 2 Baskerville's left but one believed in the curse and died. The neighbors say the have seen the hound attack the Baskervilles when they are going to see a neighbor. Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson are trying to find the hound and trying to see if anybody owns it. Neighbors say that they see a man go into his barn then ...more
Neha Dubey
I hate CBSE for removing it from class 12th syllabus, although I read it long ago but still I would have liked my friends reading this and finally understanding why I love Sherlock Holmes. leave it, so talking about this book, I'm so glad to own it. if you like mystery, this one is for you. everyone please read this, you can't die without having read this, that would be a shame.
Ali
It was a good mystery, (of course!) and it was filled with adventure and fun. The plot twists are amazing, and of course the characters are quite fun. It's a lovely read for anyone willing to just sit down and just read it.
Rebekah
Read this book with my son in about 5 days. We both enjoyed it. I think it was his first mystery. He was anxious to learn who-dun-it. The pictures were helpful in keeping him involved and included a summary of each page. I hope he will choose to read more of these stories.
Lora
Dec 20, 2013 Lora added it
This is of course the classic Holmes. It was what started it all, as such it has a special place in the canon. The descriptions are wonderful while not being too much.
Joan
A classic and it's easy to see why. Though not very complicated, the story held my interest and proved a satisfying read.
Chantelle
Delaney is actually reading this right now - she picked it up at a book swap. I wish I could still find these - I loved them!
Ashwini
it is super cool...must read and if any1 even gives a summry it spoils the suspense...the book is that superb....its the best....
Siva Ranjani
Read this as a kid. Probably my first experience getting scared on reading a book ! Classic!
Marts  (Thinker)
Here Sherlock Holmes investigates the mysterious death of Sir Charles Baskerville.
Christie
This is one of the very few Sherlock Holmes tales I could not really get in to.
Elizabeth
What's better than a Sherlock Holmes mystery? Pretty much nothing.
Eyehavenofilter
I'll just be saying the same thing over N over, cause I love mystery.
K D
Not my favorite.
Sreedevi
niceeeee :)
Mafalda Fernandes
Mafalda Fernandes marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
  • Treasure Island (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Around the World in 80 Days
  • The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • The Red Headed League (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, #2)
  • The Call of the Wild (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • The Prince and the Pauper (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Sherlock Holmes of Baker Street: A Life of the World's First Consulting Detective
  • King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table
  • The Jungle Book (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • The Mutiny on Board HMS Bounty (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • The Exploits of Sherlock Holmes
  • Little Women (Great Illustrated Classics)
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Great Illustrated Classics) David Copperfield (Illustrated Classic Editions) The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe (Great Illustrated Classics) The Secret Garden (Great Illustrated Classics) Frankenstein