Start by marking “Gaylife.com” as Want to Read:
Gaylife.com

Gaylife.com

Living in the awesome gay candy store called South Beach, Brian Cohen laments his inability to score a great job or a sexy boyfriend--until he lands at the website GayLife.com, where his hunky boss may want more from him than just his management skills.
Published May 19th 2009 by MLR Press

To ask other readers questions about Gaylife.com, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gaylife.com

Mackenzie
Oct 03, 2011 Mackenzie rated it it was amazing
I read this story for the first time ages ago and always came back to it whenever I'm feeling down (basically, Neil Plakcy is one of three of my go-to authors for when I need something familiar and easy to entertain me). Yesterday I was down with the cold for the nth time this year and, well, I wanted to be entertained while I was making friends with the tissue box and bottle of cough syrup and this book was calling out to me. So, I decided to finally rate it and write a review for it.

More than
Elisa Rolle
Gaylife.com is the name of the website where Brian, unemployed thirty something gay guy in Miami ends to work for, but it's also the summa of what the story is the "gay life" of a man who is at that moment in life when he has to take a decision, living forever like a globetrotter, without basis or purpose, or doing something with his life. The time is the late '90, I believe for two reasons: first, the Internet was still enough young that the adventure to launch a gay website could be still ...more
Jul 15, 2009 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: glbt-fiction
I’ve enjoyed reading the Mahu series by Neil Plakcy immensely, so was keen to read his latest book from MLR Press. While his other books focus more on the mystery and to a lesser degree Kimo’s coming out and love life, GayLife.com is firmly in the romance category.

Brian is such an honest character, complete with flaws and the odd annoying personality trait. As for his hunky boss I read less about him than I perhaps would have liked, which is unusual I guess in a romance novel where the central p
Sylvia
May 17, 2016 Sylvia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

It started out very promising but after a while it just became very repetitive also i'm not a fan of the pining after someone else his man
I found his crush on Nick very cute in the beginning but I didn't understand what he saw in him ( I liked Sal better)
Betryal
Jan 23, 2010 Betryal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I gave this book 4 stars it was based on the story being well written. Otherwise I seemed to trudge through it and it didn't grip my interest.
Janie
Jan 07, 2014 Janie rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
I really liked this book and the storyline. The characters were good and each had so much personality. My complaints with the book was that it was too much of a slow burn for me and not enough sex with the main couple.
T'Lar Jones
Aug 08, 2010 T'Lar Jones rated it really liked it
This really reads like m/m chicklit. I liked it (and I have a HELL of a time finding chicklit that works for me, so kudos to the author on that.) A satisfying read, perhaps especially for all that fantastic South Beach atmosphere.
FloJ
Jun 09, 2009 FloJ rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay-fiction, chicklit
I loved this. Only rated 2 flames and i think that is about right. It is a good story about life in general, gay or otherwise. It is full of optimism and evaluation of life, but interspersed with crises and so avoids being too soppy. I felt good a the end of it and somehow I think the MCs did too!
Stefanie139
May 01, 2012 Stefanie139 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
I really liked the style, and the story was above average of what I've read about m/m so far. There wasn't a lot of character growth, but accompagnying Brian was entertaining. I was disappointed in the end, though. It was a rushed resolution, and a bit unbelieveable for me.
Jenny
Apr 27, 2013 Jenny rated it it was ok
I don't think it's a bad book, but, for me it was too slow build (and I'm ok with that) but then everything happens too suddenly and after that it just end. I didn't like that.
Thomas
Thomas rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2011
Audrey
Audrey rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Julie
Julie rated it did not like it
Jun 13, 2014
Tara
Tara rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2013
Kurt
Kurt rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2009
Daisiemae
Daisiemae rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2009
Tangerine_haze
Tangerine_haze rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2009
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2009
Jonathan Treadway
Jonathan Treadway rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2010
Samington
Samington rated it it was ok
Jun 14, 2012
Juli
Juli rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2014
Jess Candela
Jess Candela rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2012
Neil Plakcy
Dec 31, 2009 Neil Plakcy rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Joann
Joann rated it it was ok
Oct 10, 2015
Tamkin
Tamkin rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2010
Didi
Didi rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2012
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Tim Brehme
Tim Brehme rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2013
Peggy
Peggy rated it it was ok
Mar 12, 2011
Eyre
Eyre rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2013
  • Broken (Broken #1)
  • Windows in Time
  • The Santa Mug
  • David's Dilemma
  • Good to Know (Good to Know, #1)
  • Stepping Stones
  • Paul's D'Marco
  • Fire Season (Tales of the Darkworld, #3)
  • Fugitive Color
  • Deadly Wrong (Deadly Mystery, #2)
  • Sindustry II
Neil Plakcy is the author of the Mahu Investigations, mysteries which take place in Hawaii. They are: Mahu, Mahu Surfer, Mahu Fire, Mahu Vice, Mahu Blood, Mahu Men, Zero Break, Natural Predators and Children of Noah.

His M/M romance novels are GayLife.com, Mi Amor, Love on Site, Love on the Web, Love on Stage, Love on the Pitch, and the Have Body, Will Guard series: Three Wrong Turns in the Desert,
More about Neil S. Plakcy...