Start by marking “Bite Marks: A Vampire Testament” as Want to Read:
Bite Marks: A Vampire Testament

Bite Marks: A Vampire Testament

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  30 reviews
A teenage runaway is killed by a sadistic vampire with the pathology of a serial killer, who has stalked her family for over a decade. Brought back to life to feed on her child, she’s killed again -- but not before reviving her first victim, her firstborn. The undead infant escapes, triggering a citywide search for a vampire baby whose existence threatens to expose the ent ...more
Published September 15th 2009 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Bite Marks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bite Marks

Akieon
This novel mainly set in 1986 begins with Nina a drug addicted , prostitute with a baby just about to service her latest John on Christmas Eve.When in stalks Adam her sadistic,vampire pimp who kills her and her John , but brings her back as his vampiric slave and forces her to kill and feed on her baby, (gory stuff) but her baby escapes and risks exposing the entire vampire race as well,as the story unfolds other characters are brought to the forefront Perenelle, Adams aristocratic sire,and serv ...more
Megan
As many people have said, Bite Marks is an interesting take on the vampire story. Unfortunately, it is told from so many points of view and has such short chapters that it simply didn't work for me. I'm not a huge fan of multiple POV stories anyway and Bite Marks doesn't even have a clear protagonist. The main story tellers seem to be:
Perenelle a centuries old vampire
Adam a vampire made by Perenelle
Jim a boy who's entire family has been stalked & killed by Adam
Baby Jim's infant nephew, turne
MissM
I enjoyed this book even though it's got a different style then many I tend to gravitate towards. There's no real one main character; it's more an ensemble cast that all play off each other in different ways to tell the complete tale. And it's set in 1986 which adds to the different "feel" of the storytelling.

There's definitely a bit of a statement made about AIDS and blood and promiscuity as a metaphor for vampirism. Sometimes it's not even a metaphor but flat-out a part of the plot. And in tha
Georgiann Hennelly
A teenage runaway is killed by a sadistic vampire serial killer who has stalked her family for more than a decade, After being brought back to life to feed on her child, but before she is killed again she revives her first born. The undead infant escapes triggering a citywide search for a vampire baby. Who by its existence threatens the whole vampire community. Steven and Lori work in the downtown art world scene, he,s an artist she,s a writer they are stuck in the middle of a bad break up. They ...more
Lafourche Library
Adam, a sadistic vampire, gets his kicks by being cruel and relentless. After killing a woman he stalked and accidentally turning her baby into a vampire, a city wide hunt is undertaken to find the bloodthirsty infant. Along the way, an underground world of gods and monsters is unveiled to the reader who gets a bird's eye view of what dwells in the tunnels beneath New York City. Simultaneously, a couple that is falling apart is barely held together by their project of writing a book on vampire l ...more
Angie crosby
Apr 30, 2010 Angie crosby rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who like vampire books
If you like vampire books, read this one. This was great. It was a fresh storyline, different from other vampire books, yet didn't change any what we know vampires for. The characters were fresh and interesting. I can't wait for another book from this author.
Jasmine
Ryun
With every genre literary fad (the singularity, zombies, armaggeddon or, in this case, vampires) it’s easy for veteran (read: jaded) readers to disregard all but established writers when looking for novels regarding that particular subject. There’s heaps of “me, too” junk and empty hype out there, making it tough to pick a gem out of a garbage pile without help (hello there!).

As of Oct. 12, a quick, dirty and totally unscientific search for “vampire” in Amazon’s books section reveals 102 titles
Coushatta
I definitely like this book. It kept me on edge always wanting to know what would happen next! I hated and loved characters and was very mad that 1 of them is still alive in the end but that makes me want to read the sequel even more. The only problem I had with this book was kind of with the baby I guess it seems a little silly and ridiculous at some points... and the ending was a little I don't know silly but I still very much enjoyed this book. The take on Vampires was very neat and I can't w ...more
Dwayne Baird
Excellent! Amazing take on Vampires with a Vampire baby that will blow the mind!
Cheryl
If you love LA Banks, you should check out this debut from Terence Taylor Bite Marks.

Unlike Twilight or anything afterwards similar to it, Bite Marks is a dark, sadistic vampire horror tale that takes place in the mid-1980s of NYC. I truly liked the character development and twists & turns within the story that set the book up perfectly for the follow up Blood Pressure which is book 2.

Worthy read, even for those who are not really into vampire fiction.
Elvia
Okay I'm not sure what to say about this book. It was wonderfully bloody and disgusting. The ONLY problem I really had with it is the oddness of it. If it had stuck with the vampires and zombies I would have marked this much higher. But it got very weird toward the end. If there is a second one I'm not sure I'll read it (it ended like it will definitely have at least a 2nd book). At least, I won't be jumping to grab it as soon as its out.
Courtney
A great vampire story - fast-paced, creepy, and deliciously gruesome!! Definitely one of the best new vampire books out there. I would have loved to give this book 4 stars, but I dislike the cover so much I could not give it more than 3. I know the old saying, but I would have never picked this book up had I seen it in a store.

Thank you to the literary representative for my copy of this book.
Adenike
This book was sooooo good! If you are a fan of vampires that kill, vampires that cause mayhem, and vampires that are blood thirsty and not love thirsty, then this is the book for you! I enjoyed every moment of Bite Marks. The thought process that went into creating this parallel universe with Vampires in New York was amazing. I can't wait to ready part two (already in stores) Great job Mr. Taylor!
Julie Stockill
VERY GRAPHIC NOVEL! very good story of family love and compassion. parts of the book make your skin crawl then other parts make you appriciate what you have in family. The book is a little more confusing because your following 5 or 6 different story lines at a time. Book is geared for a adult audience and will keep you guessing.
Janet
Nov 30, 2009 Janet added it
Shelves: failed-attempts
I got fifty pages into the book, set it down for a hour, and then couldn't remember a single character's name, where I'd been in the plot, or even what the plot was. With several other books clamoring for my attention, I decided to give this one a pass.
Roslyn
This was one of the best books i read all year. What a find! Just when u thought the genre was getting boring and Bam! here comes Terence Taylor. i cant wait to read the next installment.
Good work my brother :-)
Tasula
This book was interesting, intricately plotted, wide variety of characters, had action, a bit of romance. It wasn't scintillating, and it took me a while to finish, which is why I gave it only 3 stars.
babs
Despite all of the horrid vampire books out today. This book was amazing. I adored every single word, chapter, and character. Can't wait to read more from this author.
Shelly
This one did not pull me in. It had some points of interest, but i did not enjoy the choppy style. I think it is a matter of preference.
Bobby Lewis
Very good storyline and the plot is awesome. i refuse to have spoilers so you'll just have to read it. i will say it IS a must read.
Dlmoore83 Moore
this was a good book...a somewhat dark, seedy vampire novel, yet a good read...the characters sucked me in...-puns intended :)
Elizabeth
Not bad, but the whole underground bug cult at the end kind of lost me. I was with him until then, and the writing is decent.
Darian
Sick and twisted fun read....all from a man who wrote kids stories first???
Leigh
Depressing, really depressing, as a good vampire novel should be, right?
Emily
There were too many character sand it made it confusing.
Kristen
Wowsers! This book was shocking to me!!!
Tananarive
Terence Taylor is a terrific writer, and his premise of a vampire baby on the loose is new and exciting. A rich setting and realistic characters. Take a bite!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Low Red Moon
  • Lord of Bones (BloodAngel, #2)
  • GloomCookie, Volume 2 (GloomCookie, #2)
  • The Dead Travel Fast: Stalking Vampires from Nosferatu to Count Chocula
  • Apocalypse Memories (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #2)
  • Werewolf Smackdown (Felix Gomez, #5)
  • The Vampire Fred: Wicked Game
  • Other Side of Night: Bastian & Riley (Other Side of Night, #1)
  • Our Sacred Balance (Triquetra, #3)
  • Kell's Legend (Clockwork Vampire Chronicles, #1)
  • Something's Alive on the Titanic
  • UnCONventional
  • Defending Gary: Unraveling the Mind of the Green River Killer
  • Child of the Night (Power of the Blood, #1)
  • Mistress
  • Perfect Trust (A Rowan Gant Investigation #3)
  • The Threat (Dan Lenson, #9)
  • Red Delicious (Siobhan Quinn, #2)
TERENCE TAYLOR is an award-winning children's television writer, whose work has appeared on PBS, Nickelodeon, and Disney, among many others. After a career of comforting young kids, he's now equally dedicated to scaring their parents. His short horror stories have been published in all three "Dark Dreams" horror/suspense anthologies. "BITE MARKS: A Vampire Testament" is his first novel. "BLOOD PRE ...more
More about Terence Taylor...
Blood Pressure: A Vampire Testament Dark Dreams: A Collection of Horror and Suspense by Black Writers Voices from the Other Side: Dark Dreams II Whispers in the Night