Start by marking “The Windswept Flame” as Want to Read:
The Windswept Flame

The Windswept Flame (Evans Brothers)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  790 ratings  ·  76 reviews
Broken—irreparably broken. The violent deaths of her father and the young man she’d been engaged to marry, had irrevocably broken Cedar Dale’s heart. Her mother’s heart had been broken, as well—shattered by the loss of her own true love. Thus, pain and anguish—fear and despair—found Cedar Dale, and her mother Flora, returned to the small western town where life had once be ...more
ebook
Published (first published July 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Windswept Flame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Windswept Flame

Belinda Boring
have NO idea where to start other than to say that Marcia McClure should be declared a LETHAL weapon to the hearts of women. Honestly, her books need to have a warning label on them because I can't read one without being reduced to a puddle of mess when I'm finished. This book was no different and to say that I LOVED this book would be a HUGE understatement. But as I sit here trying desperately to write this review, I'm stuck because what do I gush over first because believe me, all I want to d ...more
Katie Watkins
Cedar Dale's dad and fiance were gunned down and after two years, she moved back to her old hometown with her mom. She literally ran into her old crush, Tom, and the story took off from there. It was kind of a double romance, since Cedar's mom also found love.

I think my problem with the last few romances that I've read is that the characters spend the whole book hating each other and then suddenly, two pages from the end, decide they're in love and get engaged--without even dating!

Having said t
TJ
Although Marcia's books can sometimes be a little too syrupy, even for me, I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. Yes, Tom is too perfect to be believed, yes, Cedar is totally annoying at times while doing nothing but gaping at his perfection. It was the secondary storyline that really caught my attention. Not only do we see Cedar fall in love but we are treated to a romance involving her Mother!

How often does a book actually include, not only the story of a beautiful YOUNG woman falli
Kristen
11/1/14 - Just a great the second time around...that Ameila though...no bueno.

8/17/12-I'm soo glad I got to read Tom Evan's story. After finishing "Weathered Too Young" I couldn't wait to get this one. I love Tom's character and I love how Cedar wasn't always the blushing gal and initiated a couple of the kisses. I wanted to reach through the book and rip Ameila's hair out, but of course, always happy endings with McClure books. Loved it.

Moral Note: A couple of hecks & dangs, passionate kis
Tori
09/2013: I enjoyed this book so much. I laughed out loud. I giggled like a silly school girl. It was just a FUN book to read. Well done Marcia Lynn McClure. Well done.

Reread 10/2014: Yep, I remember why I liked this book so much. Flora and Cedar are so cute, so giddy... I loved it. I love how they realize it's ok to love again. It's not negating the love they had with Jim and Logan. I also just love Tom's personality. He was awesome in Weathered Too Young. I like how he's just happy. Reno was wo
Inspired Kathy
So excited for this new book!

Merged review:

Another wonderful Marcia Lynn McClure book. No better way to spend an evening than reading one of Marcia's books.
Lacey Weatherford
Cedar Dale felt irreparrably broken. After losing both her father and her fiancee in a fight defending her honor, Cedar finds herself and her mother once again returned to her hometown in the country. While Cedar is happy to leave the bustling city life behind her, she wonders if her heart will ever be whole again. But then she sees the long lost love of her youth, Tom Evans, once again and begins to feel the stirrings of a windswept flame...

What I Thought:
I won this novel in a contest hosted by
Brenda
Cedar, Cedar, Cedar. You lucky gal! Oh how I want to go back in time and live out on the prairie with a man like Tommy. He is yummy beyond words :) I loved the way he wooed Cedar and helped her overcome her broken heart. What an irresistible flirt! I really loved the other storyline involving her broken hearted mother. Her romance was as great as Cedars! Perfect romance with just the right amount of kissing...*sigh*
Thanks again Marcia- I'm pretty sure I love you:)
Kathy
Second Read Nov 2011: Great read!! I love Tom, such a fun lighthearted personality!

First Read April 2011: I enjoyed this one, especially because it included characters from her previous book Weathered Too Young. I liked Cedar and Tom, they both fall for each other right off the bat, I would have liked a little more build-up, but it was still sweet. I also enjoyed the side story between her mom Flora and Reno! Cute western.
Melody
I had to celebrate Marcia's birthday by reading her latest, although it felt much more like happy birthday to me! :) Two for one is what this story felt like, major bonus! :)
Yet another excellent read, I was thrilled to get to hear Tom's story, as he was near and dear to my heart in Weathered Too Young. Then again I have to wonder which awesome character of Marcia's ISN'T near and dear... :) Mmmmm....

Amy
I liked this book very much. It was a very sweet and heart warming story with struggles in between. I liked that it was a book that you could relate to and I just love Tom he is so sweet always laughing and I don't know he just makes me smile. Loved the dancing in the moon light and the star gazing. Made my heart melt. Wonderful book :)
Sandy
I finished Weathered Too Young in one sitting and immediately opened up The Windswept Flame because I had to know Tom's happy ending. I love his charm, wit, and humor. While I love Marcia's tortured, brooding heroes, too, it was nice to have such a sunny outlook from a Marcia leading man. I am crazy for Marcia's westerns!
Melissa
McClure Book's are guaranted sweet, silly and clean romance books. This was a sequel to Weathered to Young but you can read this one first and not be lost. This was very sappy and sweet and I appreciate how clean her books are. This is not one of my favorites,but I love the western feel.
Stacey Hall
I loved the romances in this book! Cedar is such a great character and I loved that Flora got to find her love too!! The men in this book were fabulous too....of course!! Thank you Marcia for this fabulous book with double the romance! Double the pleasure, double the fun!!! ;)
Heidi
A sequel to Weathered Too Young and just as enjoyable. I love Tom's character and it's so fun to see his story. I really like the humor in this one. I've read it more than once and it still makes me laugh. :)
Tausha
Jan. 2013
I needed a Marcia fix....LOVED IT AGAIN!!! It is so crazy that I can pick up a Marcia book when I need to lose myself in a fun romance over and over and never tire of them.
M.
Tommy Evans is adorable. Cedar Dale is wonderful. This book is probably my favorite book right now. I wish that my library owned it so that everyone else could read it!
Katie
Another one that I loved. I loved the characters, I loved the second romance in this book, and I again ended this book wanting more. Great read!!
Debbie
Loved the continued story of Tom's character from "Weathered to Young". Another great romance! Marcia is the Best!
Dorry Lou
I love this authors books. This was not one of my favorites but it held my interest. It is about a mother Flora and her daughter Cedar, that returns to a small western town where they had once lived and were happy. They were both grieving as the father and a young man that Cedar had been engaged to were both dead. Then by chance Cedar comes face- to -face with a rancher she had known as a young girl. She finds she is still fascinated with him even tho' he is 10 years older than herself. There ar ...more
Kina
Loved it as always! Marcia is just AWESOME! I enjoyed the "Moonlight Dancing!"
Erin
LOVED IT. McClure has a way of infatuating the reader. This is a good one.
Teya
A perfect follow up to weathered too young. Deep and loving love it!
Courtney
Thank you Marcia for concluding the story of the Evan's brothers from Weathered Too Young!! The Windswept Flame follows Weathered Too Young and the story of Tom Evan. Tom Evan is just as delicious in this book as he was in the first book and I was so happy to hear how he was doing and what was going on in his life!!

There were two new characters added to this story, young Cedar and her widowed mother, who move back to their home town where Tom Evans lives. After Cedar and her mom both face great
Trisha
I read this book because I used to be a huge Marcia fan. I hadn't read any of her books in a long time because I have been so preoccupied with required readings for school. But my sister loved this one and my friends kept wanting me to read it so I thought I would take the time to read it. It's strange how much my value of literature has changed. I would not recommend this book to anyone who reads to be enlightened. This is strictly a fun and light romance novel. Every page is filled with the mo ...more
Jennybug
Oh Marcia! How do I love thee books? Let me count the ways.....

1. Handsome boy meets beautiful girl
2. Some silly trouble
3. Someone older makes little comments about sparkin'
4. An injury occurs (a good reason to see our hero's amazing torso)
5. He champions her
6. Steamy kissing scene occurs (pg139) You'll want to go back and read it twice
7. Another misunderstanding occurs
8. A reason to be alone???
9. Even better yet, another reason for our hunk of burning love to strip off that shirt again
10. Off
Lisa
Love Tom!
Annalisa
I really enjoyed this cowboy romance. I have recently discovered this author and I find that I really like her style a lot.

Amazon product description:
Broken-irreparably broken. The violent deaths of her father and the young man she'd been engaged to marry, had irrevocably broken Cedar Dale's heart. Her mother's heart had been broken, as well-shattered by the loss of her own true love. Thus, pain and anguish-fear and despair-found Cedar Dale, and her mother Flora, returned to the small western to
Kristina
Rating: 3.5 stars.

This book is the sequel to "Weathered too young". It is a clean, sweet, simple love story.

Tom Evans is now living on his own, since his newlywed brother Slater and his wife Lark, moved into their own home. Tom is in his late 20s and feeling a little lonely and "weathered", just as his brother felt before he married Lark. He is still a hardworking cowboy, respectable, very eligible and is now breeding horses rather than cows.

Cedar Dale has returned to her former home in the coun
  • Jayhawk
  • The Guise of a Gentleman
  • The Kiss of a Stranger
  • Loyalty's Web
  • Hearts Through Time
  • The Kissing Tree
  • The Legend of Shannonderry
  • Captive Heart
  • The Promise (The Lady Quill Chronicles, #1)
  • Lady Emma's Campaign
  • Just Ella
  • Peace River (Rockland Ranch Series) (Volume 1)
  • The Knight of Redmond
  • The Commander's Desire
Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Marcia Lynn McClure grew up influenced by the reminiscent stories of rugged, rural Colorado farm life fascinatingly recounted to her by her parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts…tales of runaway buckboards, mule-drawn plows and dust pneumonia; verbalized images of stream-flooded meadows, frozen over in winter, where a child could peer through the crystal clear ic ...more
More about Marcia Lynn McClure...
The Highwayman of Tanglewood The Visions of Ransom Lake Dusty Britches Shackles of Honor A Crimson Frost