The Storm: The World Economic Crisis & What It Means

The Storm: The World Economic Crisis & What It Means

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  5 reviews
An indispensable andabsolutely accessibleexplanation of thecauses of the world economic crisis and how we should respond to it

In this urgent and timely book, the manthe Daily Telegraphcalls"the sageof the credit crunch"shows that although the downturn is global, the complacency of the British government towards the huge "bubble" in property prices and high levels of person...more
Published February 1st 2010 by Atlantic Books

To ask other readers questions about The Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Storm

Bonnie Huval
Cable gave me more background information about a number of events, although he presumes the reader is fully conversant with all his references and sources. In place of footnotes, he finishes the book with a lengthy description of what his sources were for each chapter. While his remarks about how he put together the chapters give a little insight into his thinking, footnotes would be helpful.

I am concerned by a major inconsistency. He says we got into the current economic mess partly because to...more
Graham Tapper
This book should be compulsory reading in all schools. Cable's analysis of how we got in the mess we're in is backed in its authority as coming from the only leading politician who predicted it, years before it happened.

He could have written it as an "I told you so, but you just wouldn't listen", but he doesn't. Instead he examines all of the contributory factors and comes to conclusions that are not entirely in line with media pundits. I would trust his analysis above theirs, any day.

Written i...more
Effendy Yahaya
Extensive and compress of my economics for business book in holistic view ! excellent.
Iain
Short and insightful analysis of the global financial depression from the only UK politician with any credibility left. Gets a bit complex at times explaining financial theories and practice but theres some interesting nuggets of information. Dont read this if you want an idiots guide to economics.
Matthew
God bless St Vince, the last grown-up in the Commons. A concise and lucid examination of the depth and consistency of the bucket of sh*t in which we find ourselves.
ZM
ZM marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Reham
Reham marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Kit
Kit added it
Mar 28, 2014
Miguel
Miguel marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Abdilrahman
Abdilrahman marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
Yoga Bowers
Yoga Bowers marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2013
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Edward Rance
Edward Rance marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2013
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2013
Ben Ward
Ben Ward marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Free Radical: Memoirs Storm Free Radical: A Memoir British Electronics And Competition With Newly Industrialising Countries The Future of Money