Start by marking “A Nest Full of Eggs” as Want to Read:
A Nest Full of Eggs

A Nest Full of Eggs (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  11 reviews
What's inside that pretty blue egg? A baby bird is growing inside that egg. Slowly the bird develops, until one day it cracks through the shell. Safe inside the nest, under the care of its parents, the chick grows stronger. Soon it will learn how to fly and take care of itself. By next spring it will be ready to build its own nest and raise chicks of its own.
Published May 1st 1995 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published June 1st 1900)

To ask other readers questions about A Nest Full of Eggs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Nest Full of Eggs

Heather
This book was really interesting. We learned all about the development of a robin's egg. There were some great pictures which showed the various stages of growth inside the egg. All my kids ended up standing directly in front of me, jostling to get closer. We learned a lot that we didn't know. I thought it might be 'too young' for my 3rd graders but there was enough new information that they stayed focused and interested.

It was not an in-depth look, but it was a good one. I'd use this book again
Allison Hunt
In this informational picture book, readers follow the images of two young kids as they learn about the life cycle of a robin, from nest to egg to hatchling to flight! Pricilla Belz Jenkins has made the cycle seem so simple and easy to comprehend, making it readable for a child as young as first grade. The illustrations are what really make this book, though. Lizzy Rockwell gives life to this book by using a realistic style of art, while also keeping it cutsey and fun. The implementation of deta ...more
Molly Toomey
This book is about the life cycle of a bird, including how one forms within the egg, how a baby bird is taken care of, and how a bird leaves home to live on their own. This is not only illustrated in a way that attracts children, but has a good amount of information that can give them a good overview of how birds form within eggs and live their lives. Can be used when talking about science, nature, and observing birds. Can even be used when having eggs in the classroom as a science experiment.
Dolly
Nov 25, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun and informative book about robins and other birds. The life cycle is described and the stages of life while in the egg are depicted. The illustrations are colorful and full of details and the narrative is interesting, with just enough information to keep a child's interest.
Tricia
Stage 1 of "Let's Read and Find Out Science" non-fiction title about robins. Flowing text reads more like a picture book than non-fiction. Provides quite a lot of information about varieties of birds beyond robins.
Amy
Reading Rainbow Episode: "Chickens Aren't the Only Ones"
We own this one and have read it MANY times since toddlerhood. Lots of illustrations so it is still worth looking at with my eight year old.
Alicia
I thought this book was great. It has detailed drawings and lots of good information for a young child interested in baby birds. Nakyla loves looking at all the pictures of the eggs and the baby birds.
Margaret
My book is missing the last page, (used book purchase) so if anyone could tell me what the text on it says I'd greatly appreciate it!
Olson Family Matters
These science books aren't perfect for intended age group, but a good starting point for teaching.
Maria
great pics of a growing chick in the egg, also shows nest construction
Yukari
Elanor
Elanor added it
Apr 20, 2015
Jessica Lovitt
Jessica Lovitt marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Tam
Tam marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
이윤정
이윤정 marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Erica
Erica added it
Mar 23, 2015
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Sam Austin
Sam Austin marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
AppleBlossom
AppleBlossom marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Jess Siapno
Jess Siapno marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1 (1 - 10 of 104 books)
  • Bugs Are Insects
  • I'm Growing!
  • My Hands (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)
  • How Many Teeth?
  • Clouds
  • My Feet
  • My Five Senses Big Book (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)
  • What's Alive?