Start by marking “Atlantis and Other Lost Worlds: New Evidence of Ancient Secrets” as Want to Read:
Atlantis and Other Lost Worlds: New Evidence of Ancient Secrets

Atlantis and Other Lost Worlds: New Evidence of Ancient Secrets

Atlantis and Other Lost Worlds is the most up-to-date and comprehensive investigation of history's infamous sunken city. Nowhere else will you find a more dramatic and convincing presentation of the envidence for its archaeological reality. The book uncovers the scientific genius of the ancients and the spiritual power of their mysterious religion. They are revealed as the ...more
Published May 24th 2000 by Chartwell Books

To ask other readers questions about Atlantis and Other Lost Worlds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Atlantis and Other Lost Worlds

Lori L (She Treads Softly)
Atlantis: And Other Lost Worlds by Frank Joseph is a recommended for those interested in speculation about Atlantis and Lemuria (Mu).

After researching and writing a paper about Atlantis many years ago, the sunken city has always fascinated me. Joseph gathers evidence that he claims support the conclusion that Atlantis really existed, where it most likely was located, along with information about their religious beliefs, as well as other thoughts. He does the same for the lost civilization of Lem
Tony Calder
Jan 18, 2016 Tony Calder rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history
I started this book a long time ago - nearly 3 years I think - But put it down since it was irritating me so much.

This book focuses primarily on Atlantis, but also gives a reasonable amount of space to Lemuria. What it is missing, however, is credible evidence. Lots of speculation, and lots of "interesting" interpretations of existing facts.

Was there an island in the mid-Atlantic that was destroyed by a volcanic eruption or asteroid impact? And did that island have a civilisation comparable to
Dan
Well, I read this book in 2009 and much has changed in the world of Atlantean research since then, but I'll repost my original review from the Library Thing site:

"Some convincing theories about the lost civilisation fatally weekened by the equal credence given to 'channeled' information from psychics and mediums.

The circumstantial evidence soon mounts up and I was left with the impression that Atlantis could well have existed - though whether this was down to the author's argument or the sledgh
Laura Baugh
Jun 29, 2009 Laura Baugh rated it liked it
The problem with Atlantis is, it attracts fringe theorists. There can be a perfectly good piece of evidence on the table, but what's going to come up in discussion is magical floating rocks, psychic powers, and ancient astronaut theory. Any archaeological facts most worthy of realistic discussion are lost in the chaos.

This book is a perfect example of what's interesting and what's wrong in Atlantology.

Frank Joseph presents a dazzling buffet of Atlantis and Mu information, and indeed there are a
Stacy Robinson
Nov 17, 2012 Stacy Robinson rated it it was ok
I read this book, not knowing what to expect. I had learned about Atlantis in school but I was pleasantly surprised to learn about the lives and customs of the people that lived during the time. The author also tells of certain other civilizations to tell the reader about. I remember learning about the Incas so I could remember that part. Good book if you are a history buff.
New age writer mostly writing about the hypothesis that Old World peoples migrated to North America.

In 1987 he wrote his first book about Atlantis.

He wrote articles for Fate magazine & The Ancient American magazine which is a diffusionist-inspired magazine that focuses on what it says is evidence of ancient, pre-Columbian transoceanic contact between the Old World and North America.

Before his
More about Frank Joseph...