Start by marking “High Stakes & Hunted (Vampire Beach, #5-6)” as Want to Read:
High Stakes & Hunted (Vampire Beach, #5-6)

High Stakes & Hunted (Vampire Beach #5-6)

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  505 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Jason Freeman lives in Malibu - a town full of beautiful rich kids whose lives revolve around money, fashion, cars and parties. But these teens hide a dark - and dangerous secret . .

High Stakes
Jason thinks he must have just about taken all the challenges that can be thrown at him and Sienna, until Sienna's older sister, Paige turns up unexpectedly back from college in Pari
496 pages
Published June 4th 2009 by Red Fox (first published March 25th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about High Stakes & Hunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High Stakes & Hunted

Vampire Academy by Richelle MeadShadow Kiss by Richelle MeadFrostbite by Richelle MeadBlood Promise by Richelle MeadSpirit Bound by Richelle Mead
Vampire Books
151st out of 366 books — 160 voters
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray BradburyThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisDracula by Bram StokerVampire Academy by Richelle MeadThe Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
Best Books - 2009 - 2015
69th out of 90 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

May 19, 2010 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
This is a compilation of the last 2 books in the Vampire Beach series. I wasn't too sure about continuing to read the series as I found Legacy (Book 4) was a disapointment but I'm happy to say that the last 2 installments were back on track.

In High Stakes Sienna's sister Paige comes home for spring break & convinces the friends that a trip to Las Vegas would be a fun way to spend the holidays. Paige is actually trying to hide out but trouble soon catches up with them and the gang are forced
Tracey
Apr 16, 2013 Tracey rated it really liked it
The last two books in the series again thrown into one. These two yet again were better then the last two due to the depth, drama and twist that have been written in. Alex Duval goes in to much more detail about the characters in these two books which helps give much more understanding. It would have been great if more books were written as I grew to really love the characters and story in these books. I reccomend reading this series as Alex Duval has done a great job with his vampire world :)
Jacqueline King
Dec 31, 2015 Jacqueline King rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
The final two books in this series were probably my favourites. I would've liked to have read more from these characters.

High Stakes takes Jason and his vampire friends to Las Vegas for some fun and gambling. Forget the fact they're still in high school, and are therefore underage, they enjoy all the pleasures Vegas has to offer. Until Sienna's big sister Paige desperately needs their help and the whole gang rush to save her. Clever and silly at the same time.

The last book, Hunted deals with so
Emma (BelleBooks)
May 02, 2011 Emma (BelleBooks) rated it really liked it
So we are on to the final two books in the Vampire Beach series by Alex Duval.

After not being too sure about the previous four books, I fell in love with these two!

I feel like I finally know and care about the characters, in these final two books the series grows to an end and to be honest I was kind of sad to see it go.

High Stakes was a bit far fetched for me, it was about a very exclusive poker game. Although I suppose in the world of The Hills or The OC (add in some Vampires) I suppose I coul
Jess
Sep 23, 2010 Jess rated it really liked it
I think what I enjoyed the most about this book series is that it was out at the same time as Twilight. And with everyone going on and on and on about Twilight (which turned out to be a huge disappointment), Vampire Beach wasn't all hung up about the lovey dovey romance. Instead getting straight to the point, most likely because the narrator of the book is a 17 year old boy (who doesn't get hung on the small things like another book we all know of), and the author is a male.
I read all of these
Sandy Smith
Nov 09, 2011 Sandy Smith rated it it was amazing
Sad to say, I think this is the last books that Alex Duval wrote in this series. I have researched him/her as an author, the only thing I can find is he/she lives in Paris and is a Chef if I understood it correctly, I don't speak french but that is what I got out of it.

This book brings in a new character, the imfamous sister that is in college in Paris! Fantastic stories are in these 2 books, they were the most exciting of all!

It was very hard to find this book as it was only published in the UK
Gemma Babur
Feb 10, 2014 Gemma Babur rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourite, fantasy
It was again one of my absolute favourites of the series.
Christine
Loved the ending!
Aphrodite
Jun 04, 2014 Aphrodite rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampires
Loved it :)
Luis
Jul 22, 2012 Luis rated it it was amazing
I am a huge supernatural geek, especially vampires, so this was perfect for me. Duval did an amazing job developing the story and the character. He also did an amazing job at describing how Sienna and the other vampires looked like. I must say that I didn't like the ending. I wish he had written a prologue to it so we could've known what happened with Jason and Sienna's relationship
Harriet
Aug 12, 2010 Harriet rated it really liked it
Another fantastic addition to the vampire beach novels. This one really got my heart racing, and i love that Jason and Sienna are together. I just found out that Sienna is a reddish colour, close to blood. I loved that soo much. There is not much else I can say about this book apart from the fact that it is fantastic and definitly worth a read. Thanks to Alex Duval :D.
Luke
Mar 25, 2013 Luke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third volume in the Vampire Beach series. The fifth and sixth book—High Stakes and Hunted—are included.

Like the other books in the series, this was great! I want them to write a novel about college life, about when Jason turns into a vampire, and he and Sienna living forever with each other.
Lisa
Aug 31, 2009 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, paranormal
Two more stories in the Vampire Beach chronicles.

The first one - High Stakes - was a bit far-fetched, I thought. (It involves a poker game.) I don't think the plot held its own when examined rationally, although the reading was enjoyable.

The second story - Hunted - was much better.
Bec ♥ Live for the ones you love ♥
this was sooooooo cool. i laughed so much at how surprised adam and jason were in high stakes when zach was being friendly. :) i was so worried in hunted when thay all got caught. ok i'll just admit it, i was mostly worried about zach but who would't be?
Ash
Nov 10, 2011 Ash rated it it was amazing
Out of the Vampire Beach books, this deffinately had the most twist! Anyone who loves vampires should read these, but start from the beginning!!! I mean the idea of rich vampires in Malibu is different and just plain awesome!!! AMAZING book! Read! Read! Read!
Meaghan R. (YA-aholic)
Oct 26, 2011 Meaghan R. (YA-aholic) marked it as to-read
i can't find this book anywhere!!!!! i've been looking since it first came out, and all anyone ever tells me (at the book stores) is that it hasn't been published yet, or that it's out of print!
Elizabeth
Mar 25, 2016 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: book
Enjoyable stories with semi-likable characters (at times I like Jason and other times I do not). The Vampire Beach stories have always been fast reads which keep your attention.
Jenna
Apr 20, 2014 Jenna rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
A decent enough book worth a read. The plot is simple but the characters are likeable. Not a ground-breaking novel but good for a few hours of entertainment.
  Terri  Shirer
Jan 22, 2010 Terri Shirer rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone who likes vampire stories
Shelves: vampire
I really liked this series..a lot of drama at times....beautiful, rich vampires without being overly pretentious.... This book in the series was hard to locate
Caitlin
Oct 05, 2012 Caitlin rated it it was amazing
These books were fantastic. I feel sad that they're over, I feel like I could spend forever reading them!
Celeste Biersack
Dec 29, 2011 Celeste Biersack rated it really liked it
loved it, but would have like to see jason as a vampire...and maybe his new school. over all a good book.
Amanda
Sep 28, 2010 Amanda rated it liked it
This was an interesting series. I found that it was like the O.C with vampires. A good read.
Emma_Rose
Jul 18, 2010 Emma_Rose rated it really liked it
this was a great book, i enjoyed reading it. however it ended way too quickly.
Celeste :)
Jun 24, 2010 Celeste :) rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Guys can write good books but only in their own perspectives!!!
Erin
Jul 21, 2010 Erin rated it it was amazing
The OC turned The VAMPIRE OC. Love, Love, LOVED IT!
Caroline
Mar 30, 2011 Caroline rated it it was amazing
it was a good ending...wish there had been more
Robyn Drummond
Jun 24, 2012 Robyn Drummond rated it really liked it
A really good ending to the series.
Casey
Aug 18, 2011 Casey rated it liked it
malibu vamps!! what a combo!!
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Good books in the series
Missiemanniemoo
fun relaxing easy read
  • How to Date a Vampire
  • Vampireology - The True History of the Fallen Ones
  • The Last Vampire: Red Dice & Phantom (The Last Vampire #3-4)
  • How to Be a Vampire: A Fangs-On Guide for the Newly Undead
  • Twice Upon A Time
  • Secret Lives (Darke Academy, #1)
  • The Kiss of Death (My Swordhand is Singing, #2)
  • Predator Girl
  • The Spider Goddess (Pandora English, #2)
  • Forget Me Not
  • The Secret Trinity: Glass Castles ( Fae-Witch Trilogy, #0.5)
  • The Vampire is Just Not That Into You
  • Portal Through Time (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #6)
  • Break of Dawn (Vampire Babylon, #3)
  • Shadows (Dark Touch, #1)
  • Blood Prophecy (Drake Chronicles, #6)
  • Divine By Blood (Partholon, #3)
  • Seeking Havok
Alex Duval is a pseudonym for two seasoned YA writers.
More about Alex Duval...

Vampire Beach (6 books)
  • Bloodlust (Vampire Beach, #1)
  • Initiation (Vampire Beach, #2)
  • Ritual (Vampire Beach, #3)
  • Legacy (Vampire Beach, #4)
  • High Stakes (Vampire Beach, #5)
  • Hunted (Vampire Beach, #6)