Start by marking “Grabber (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent, #4)” as Want to Read:
Grabber (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent, #4)

Grabber (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent #4)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  7 reviews
There's a burglar on the loose in Scrubbley! What will happen when he steals one of the Wayward Crescent dragons? Will Grabber become a robber too?
Published 2010 by Orchard

To ask other readers questions about Grabber, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grabber

Matthew Don
With simplistic plotting, passable illustrations, and brusque character development, this novella from acclaimed children's author Chris d'Lacey falls short simply because, it's dull, it's tedious, and it's boring. What could've been finished in one sitting (I tend to read two-hundred pages in one hour, when I put my mind to it)was not, because I tried to put it off at any cost. I eventually relented in my hatred, simply because I have borderline OCD when it comes to finishing a book. And I did,...more
Helen
Having enjoyed the previous stories in this series, I pounced on this one when my daughter brought it home from the library. This dragon is somewhat different from the others, because his personality isn't set by his creator, Liz, but by the robber who steals him when he is newly made. Grabber is still every bit as endearing as his fellow dragons.
These stories are simplistic - people have names that give huge clues as to their nature for instance - but since they are aimed at young children that...more
Maria
The last in a mini series of stories about some of the Pennykettle dragons. As with the previous ones, I enjoyed this one too.

Spoilers ahoy!

Grabber is not mentioned in the Last Dragon Chronicles, as he is one of the special dragons who don't live in Wayward Crescent anymore. Here we learn his story, a wonderful tale of how he was robbed by a burglar and in the end sort of becomes one himself.

As with the other books in this series, the illustrations are delightful. :)
Marybeth
I bought my first Chris D'lacey book at a yard sale and read it in one setting, after I finished the series for Adults (I think that this series is a great on for young teens, especially boys) then I heard about the books for Kids, so I bought them all. I love to give my grand-kids books for Christmas. The Kids love them all. Especially this one, Grabber.

I really enjoyed reading them. I would call this style a early Fantasy.
Alea
These books are so cute. I would've loved to read them as a child. Well, I loved to read them as a grown up to really.
Kate
** For my full review please check out http://backofthebookreviews.com/ **

The 4th installement in the Dragons of Wayward Crescent series was brilliant. A perfect ending to this mini series that links to the Last Dragon Chronicles.

Such a lovely little story perfect as an introduction to the LDC.
Anna
My 8 year old daughter loves this series: I prefer the older series!
Mindy
Mindy is currently reading it
Oct 17, 2014
Gabe Minnich
Gabe Minnich marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Beth Dather
Beth Dather marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Naomi Moffitt
Naomi Moffitt marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Schmoyle
Schmoyle marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Kali
Kali marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Anika Schmid
Anika Schmid marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Karen Joseph
Karen Joseph marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Heath Cleveland
Heath Cleveland marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Barney Zahir
Barney Zahir marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Katie Palevsky
Katie Palevsky marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Sophie Simpson
Sophie Simpson marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Shawnda
Shawnda marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Freya Hester
Freya Hester marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
He was born in Valetta, Malta, but as a child moved first to Leicester and then to Bolton. After gaining a degree in biology from the University of York, he returned to Leicester and got a job at the University of Leicester in their Pre-Clinical Sciences department.
Originally his writing was confined to songs and he didn't turn to fiction until he was 32. His first piece of work was a 250,000 word...more
More about Chris d'Lacey...
The Fire Within (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #1) Icefire (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #2) Fire Star (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #3) The Fire Eternal (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #4) Dark Fire (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #5)