Start by marking “Grabber (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent, #4)” as Want to Read:
Grabber (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent, #4)
Preview

Grabber (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent #4)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  8 reviews
There's a burglar on the loose in Scrubbley! What will happen when he steals one of the Wayward Crescent dragons? Will Grabber become a robber too?
Published 2010 by Orchard

To ask other readers questions about Grabber, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grabber

Matthew Don
With simplistic plotting, passable illustrations, and brusque character development, this novella from acclaimed children's author Chris d'Lacey falls short simply because, it's dull, it's tedious, and it's boring. What could've been finished in one sitting (I tend to read two-hundred pages in one hour, when I put my mind to it)was not, because I tried to put it off at any cost. I eventually relented in my hatred, simply because I have borderline OCD when it comes to finishing a book. And I did, ...more
Alien_duck
My one and only issue with this book is that Lucy is magically 9 again, after being 10 in Glade. This isn't because it's set before, as Lucy is friends with the girl from Glade, plus the book are numbered.
It's just such a small, easily catchable and fixable thing that the publishers didn't
Helen
Having enjoyed the previous stories in this series, I pounced on this one when my daughter brought it home from the library. This dragon is somewhat different from the others, because his personality isn't set by his creator, Liz, but by the robber who steals him when he is newly made. Grabber is still every bit as endearing as his fellow dragons.
These stories are simplistic - people have names that give huge clues as to their nature for instance - but since they are aimed at young children that
Maria
The last in a mini series of stories about some of the Pennykettle dragons. As with the previous ones, I enjoyed this one too.

Spoilers ahoy!

Grabber is not mentioned in the Last Dragon Chronicles, as he is one of the special dragons who don't live in Wayward Crescent anymore. Here we learn his story, a wonderful tale of how he was robbed by a burglar and in the end sort of becomes one himself.

As with the other books in this series, the illustrations are delightful. :)
Marybeth
I bought my first Chris D'lacey book at a yard sale and read it in one setting, after I finished the series for Adults (I think that this series is a great on for young teens, especially boys) then I heard about the books for Kids, so I bought them all. I love to give my grand-kids books for Christmas. The Kids love them all. Especially this one, Grabber.

I really enjoyed reading them. I would call this style a early Fantasy.
Alea
These books are so cute. I would've loved to read them as a child. Well, I loved to read them as a grown up to really.
Kate
** For my full review please check out http://backofthebookreviews.com/ **

The 4th installement in the Dragons of Wayward Crescent series was brilliant. A perfect ending to this mini series that links to the Last Dragon Chronicles.

Such a lovely little story perfect as an introduction to the LDC.
Anna
My 8 year old daughter loves this series: I prefer the older series!
Gayle
Gayle marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Jane M
Jane M marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Ink Dragon
Ink Dragon marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Kel
Kel marked it as to-read
P Smith
P Smith marked it as to-read
Ariadne
Ariadne marked it as to-read
Zayed
Zayed marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Peirce
Peirce marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Teresa Kaye
Teresa Kaye marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Debsta
Debsta marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Rishu Harpavat
Rishu Harpavat marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Kiefer Goco
Kiefer Goco marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Abbylooloo
Abbylooloo marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Teresa Kraberg
Teresa Kraberg marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Johnie Greenlight-Effect
Johnie Greenlight-Effect marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Ciara Kotter
Ciara Kotter marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
  • Flood and Fang (The Raven Mysteries, #1)
  • The Secret Country
  • The Fire Stone (The Reign of the Elements, #1)
  • Green Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices, #5)
  • The Town Cats and Other Tales
  • The Dragonslayers
  • How to Train Your Viking, by Toothless the Dragon
  • The Tower of Air (The Jimmy Fincher Saga, #3)
  • The Dragon Diary: Dragonology Chronicles Volume 2
  • The Dragon in the Driveway (Dragon Keepers, #2)
  • Me and My Dragon
  • The Snow Spider Trilogy
  • Rokk the Walking Mountain (Beast Quest, #27)
  • Vögelein: Clockwork Faerie (Vögelein, #1)
  • Screaming Mummies of the Pharaoh's Tomb II (Tales from the House of Bunnicula, #4)
  • A Sterkarm Kiss (Sterkarm, #2)
He was born in Valetta, Malta, but as a child moved first to Leicester and then to Bolton. After gaining a degree in biology from the University of York, he returned to Leicester and got a job at the University of Leicester in their Pre-Clinical Sciences department.
Originally his writing was confined to songs and he didn't turn to fiction until he was 32. His first piece of work was a 250,000 word
More about Chris d'Lacey...

The Dragons of Wayward Crescent (4 books)
  • Gruffen (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent, #1)
  • Gauge (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent, #2)
  • Glade (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent, #3)
The Fire Within (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #1) Icefire (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #2) Fire Star (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #3) The Fire Eternal (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #4) Dark Fire (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #5)