Start by marking “Grabber (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent, #4)” as Want to Read:
Grabber (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent, #4)

Grabber (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent #4)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  7 reviews
There's a burglar on the loose in Scrubbley! What will happen when he steals one of the Wayward Crescent dragons? Will Grabber become a robber too?
Published 2010 by Orchard

To ask other readers questions about Grabber, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grabber

Matthew Don
With simplistic plotting, passable illustrations, and brusque character development, this novella from acclaimed children's author Chris d'Lacey falls short simply because, it's dull, it's tedious, and it's boring. What could've been finished in one sitting (I tend to read two-hundred pages in one hour, when I put my mind to it)was not, because I tried to put it off at any cost. I eventually relented in my hatred, simply because I have borderline OCD when it comes to finishing a book. And I did, ...more
Helen
Having enjoyed the previous stories in this series, I pounced on this one when my daughter brought it home from the library. This dragon is somewhat different from the others, because his personality isn't set by his creator, Liz, but by the robber who steals him when he is newly made. Grabber is still every bit as endearing as his fellow dragons.
These stories are simplistic - people have names that give huge clues as to their nature for instance - but since they are aimed at young children that
Maria
The last in a mini series of stories about some of the Pennykettle dragons. As with the previous ones, I enjoyed this one too.

Spoilers ahoy!

Grabber is not mentioned in the Last Dragon Chronicles, as he is one of the special dragons who don't live in Wayward Crescent anymore. Here we learn his story, a wonderful tale of how he was robbed by a burglar and in the end sort of becomes one himself.

As with the other books in this series, the illustrations are delightful. :)
Marybeth
I bought my first Chris D'lacey book at a yard sale and read it in one setting, after I finished the series for Adults (I think that this series is a great on for young teens, especially boys) then I heard about the books for Kids, so I bought them all. I love to give my grand-kids books for Christmas. The Kids love them all. Especially this one, Grabber.

I really enjoyed reading them. I would call this style a early Fantasy.
Alea
These books are so cute. I would've loved to read them as a child. Well, I loved to read them as a grown up to really.
Kate
** For my full review please check out http://backofthebookreviews.com/ **

The 4th installement in the Dragons of Wayward Crescent series was brilliant. A perfect ending to this mini series that links to the Last Dragon Chronicles.

Such a lovely little story perfect as an introduction to the LDC.
Anna
My 8 year old daughter loves this series: I prefer the older series!
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Tamsin Earnshaw
Tamsin Earnshaw marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Leach
Leach marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Mother Goossen
Mother Goossen marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Kyan Rall
Kyan Rall marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Ampion
Ampion marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Lamia MacDonald
Lamia MacDonald marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Dana Merolesi
Dana Merolesi marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Tysha
Tysha marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Javier
Javier marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Teresa Henson
Teresa Henson marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Miranda RYan
Miranda RYan marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Rachel Mckitterick
Rachel Mckitterick marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Secret Country
  • How to Train Your Viking, by Toothless the Dragon
  • Green Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices, #5)
  • War of the Black Curtain (The Jimmy Fincher Saga #4)
  • The Dragon Diary: Dragonology Chronicles Volume 2
  • The Snow Spider Trilogy
  • The Fire Stone (The Reign of the Elements, #1)
  • The Dragonslayers
  • Flood and Fang (The Raven Mysteries, #1)
  • Me and My Dragon
  • The Town Cats and Other Tales
  • The Dragon in the Driveway (Dragon Keepers, #2)
  • Stealth the Ghost Panther (Beast Quest, #24)
  • The Slightly Irregular Fire Engine
  • Vögelein: Clockwork Faerie (Vögelein, #1)
  • Lily Quench and the Dragon of Ashby (Lily Quench, #1)
  • Screaming Mummies of the Pharaoh's Tomb II (Tales from the House of Bunnicula, #4)
He was born in Valetta, Malta, but as a child moved first to Leicester and then to Bolton. After gaining a degree in biology from the University of York, he returned to Leicester and got a job at the University of Leicester in their Pre-Clinical Sciences department.
Originally his writing was confined to songs and he didn't turn to fiction until he was 32. His first piece of work was a 250,000 word
More about Chris d'Lacey...

The Dragons of Wayward Crescent (4 books)
  • Gruffen (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent, #1)
  • Gauge (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent, #2)
  • Glade (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent, #3)
The Fire Within (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #1) Icefire (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #2) Fire Star (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #3) The Fire Eternal (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #4) Dark Fire (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #5)