Start by marking “The Wicked Games of a Gentleman (Boscastle, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Wicked Games of a Gentleman (Boscastle, #4)

The Wicked Games of a Gentleman (Boscastle #4)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1,335 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
Lord Drake Boscastle is handsome, wealthy and wholly unsatisfied with life. On the eve of which he has scheduled a rendezvous with one of England's most desirable women, Drake stumbles into a plainly dressed, but undeniably beautiful governess, Eloise Goodwin.
Mass Market Paperback, 371 pages
Published February 5th 2007 by Ballantine Books Inc. (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Wicked Games of a Gentleman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wicked Games of a Gentleman

Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

The life of a companion isn’t usually this exciting or fraught with peril and intrigue but Ms. Hunter has written a heroine as fascinating and unusual as a woman can be. It was a great reading experience and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Eloise is all about duty, responsibility and plans. She's focused, dedicated and suffers the indignity of caring for a spoiled rotten young lady who causes more problems than one woman should. All the
Laura V.
[3,5]

Drake Boscastle ha llevado una vida de comportamientos censurables a los ojos de la sociedad. Con un carácter temperamental y tendencia a aburrirse fácilmente se ha pasado la vida siendo el favorito de las cortesanas, mimado y consentido en burdeles. Pero como suele suceder, llega un momento en la vida en que se hastía uno de las tonterías de la juventud y los juegos se vuelven repetitivos en esto de robar besos y conquistar corazones. Drake está totalmente amargado con su existencia y no e
Courtney
Dec 19, 2008 Courtney rated it really liked it
This is book number four in the Boscastle series. Even though I didn't start reading them in order, I think I will go back and continue from the beginning. It was very cute with lovable characters. Eloise and Drake are a perfect match for each other. I can't wait to read about the rest of the Boscastle siblings!
KarenF
Dec 25, 2010 KarenF rated it really liked it
It took me a little while to get into this one. For some reason I just didn't connect with Drake and Eloise right away. Plus I was getting confused with all the Boscastles. I had to go back and read the summaries for past books to remember who was who. Once I got that out of the way I really enjoyed it.
Rachel Rogers
May 29, 2009 Rachel Rogers rated it liked it
Another enjoyable, quick read. I like the family and am going to keep looking for more of this series.
Karen
Jun 11, 2009 Karen rated it it was amazing
Oh my, what a guy!
ChloeLeeNH
Dec 05, 2008 ChloeLeeNH rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Regency Era fans
Fast paced and quick. A bit predictable but a fun read none the less.
Stephanie Burkhart
Jun 10, 2009 Stephanie Burkhart rated it it was amazing
Hunter plunges the reader into the Regency period of England in this deliciously sinful romance, “The Wicked Games of a Gentleman.” This novel is a continuation of her Boscastle series. Drake Boscastle is a scoundrel who has everything – money, good looks, and charm. However, he believes he’s incapable of love until he meets a woman who challenges him in ways he never thought possible. Hunter’s pacing never lets up. “The Wicked Games of a Gentleman” is a gem of a romance that’s hard to put down. ...more
Allen
Oct 08, 2008 Allen rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: historical romance readers
Lord Drake Boscastle has everything--smoldering good looks, extreme wealth, and devilsih charms. Everything that is, except true happiness. Hoping to alleviate his growing discontent, he is due to meet one of the most celebrated courtesans in England for a heated rendezvous. But on the scheduled night of pleasure, Lord Drake's world is turned upside down by Eloise Goodwin, a wholesome, spirited governess with voluptuous curves and a beguiling wit. Even as an experienced seductress wiats to satis ...more
L
I wasn't sure if I was going to like this one, but it hooked me right from the beginning. I enjoyed Drake and the Bocastle family and have decided to look into reading the others in the series (this was my first Bocastle book). I enjoyed the way it was written but I didn't give it a five star because I felt that the steamy scenes happened a little too quick and a little too easily... in particular the first one - he basically breaks into her house, and sneaks in and watches her bathe - they have ...more
Melissa
Feb 28, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-reads
Eloise is a great heroine, fun to read.

The scene with "bobbing for apples" was priceless.
Cheryl Tollestrup
Dec 17, 2011 Cheryl Tollestrup rated it it was amazing
Reads like a romantic comedy! Enjoyed it very much! I would rate it a PG-13.
Lindsey
Aug 23, 2011 Lindsey rated it really liked it

This is a fun read that is largely free of the more annoying tropes and clichés that can plague the historical romance shelf.

The heroine, Eloise Goodwin, has escaped a scandalous past by leaving her small village behind and becoming a companion in London. Her charge is troublesome and beautiful and an unrepentant trollop (as young charges are wont to be), which forces the heroine into the company of Drake, one of the infamous Boscastle brothers.

These circumstances allow two people from differe
Nanette
Oct 02, 2013 Nanette rated it liked it
hunter is a fairly good author. i liked her characters very much, her plot was decent but it just goes to show you how difficult it is to write a really good book that is dynamic enough to carry the reader through. if i recall, it was slightly uneven and scenes started and ended in an unexpected way, not surprsing, but a little jarring--like something was dropped. i guess one might blame the editor! I confess this is my first hunter book and the book may have faired bettter had i read the preque ...more
Traci Lee
Apr 23, 2013 Traci Lee rated it it was amazing
I have recently decided to go back and read the Boscastle series again. It is one of my favorite families. Each book is characterized with a strong female lead, which I adore. But out of all of these books, The Wicked Games of a Gentleman really stands out to me. I love that Drake is the black sheep of the family. The scenes are a little hotter and there is a bit more mystery to this book. The connection between Drake and Eloise really draws me in. Normally, I'm big on starting a series from the ...more
Elsa
Dec 11, 2011 Elsa rated it liked it
This is my favorite type of escapist reading. I go in spells as to what genre I want to read. Right now this is perfect. This is one in a series of the Lords and Ladies of the Boscastle clan. All of them perfectly handsome or beautiful. In this one, the wicked and devastating Lord Drake Boscastle falls in love with a governess. All sorts of misadventures ensue, as she is also being targeted for blackmail by a former suitor. It's funny, racy and fun to read.
Abby
Apr 10, 2009 Abby rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I think this book suffered a little because I read it out of order of the others, so I didn't have a good handle on Drake. In fact, even after this book, I still didn't really understand what made him tick. The Boscastle men are such interesting characters and I feel like Drake got a bit short-shrifted with this one. But that might be my own fault for reading out of order. Perhaps Book # (Julia and Heath's story) provides some more background.
Barbra
Nov 09, 2008 Barbra rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
This was an interesting take on the tried and true companion theme. The heroine's rebellious young charge has escaped into the night with a local rogue and is nowhere to be found. Stepping into assist, is Lord Drake Boscastle. Lots of interesting side adventures keeps you interested in finishing this tale.
Kit
Jan 25, 2010 Kit rated it liked it
I'm rating this one right in the middle on this boscastle romance between the hardened Drake and the sweet, sultry ladies companion, Eliose. The story moved quickly and again it's nice to hang out with the Boscastles but Drake was too selfish of a hero to get totally lost in his romance with Eliose.
Marlene
O M G ! Words cannot describe how much I LOOOOOOOOOVE this book! It is one of my favorites! I didn't know it was a series when I first picked it up, but I'm going to read EVERY SINGLE Boscastle book! But Drake will ALWAYS be my favorite because he was My FIRST Boscastle. Ha.

Drake and Eloise chemistry was HOT ! The sex scenes were steamy and DELICIOUS !

Read It !
Sammy
Aug 02, 2013 Sammy rated it liked it
Julie
Mar 04, 2012 Julie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Historical/Regency Romance Lovers
Another enjoyable hit from Jillian Hunter. This is one "spicey" read - :-) A disgraced heroine from the country meets the wicked, arrogant, aristocratic rake and hot, steamy encounters ensue. Of course, it is a happily everafter for the two with a fairytale ending for the heroine, and a surprising ending for the now reformed rake. Quick, pleasure-inducing read!
Gelay
Overall it just just okay. For me the book lacked that extra something to make special. I didn't really connect with the characters and the relationship between Drake and Eloise felt more lustful and superficial. Their chemistry just wasn't there for me. This is my first book of Hunter's, but I think I'll give her a second chance.
Amanda
Dec 28, 2009 Amanda rated it really liked it
And just when I think I can't love a Boscastle more I read the next book. I really enjoyed Drake's story and I really enjoyed the leading lady. :) The Boscastle family is one I would have love to be a member of.
Cat
Jul 07, 2012 Cat rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting plot but the relationship between the hero and heroine seemed a bit cloches and forced at times. Can't wait for Devon's story!
Jynt
Jan 17, 2015 Jynt rated it it was ok
Amber Covel
Jun 10, 2013 Amber Covel rated it it was amazing
THIS right here is my FAVOURITE book to read ive read it so many times i have actually lost count <3
Luvmyfamily
Jul 26, 2010 Luvmyfamily rated it really liked it
I liked it but it was a bit off with him making her his mistress... I could have done without that part. The whole Ralph thing was a bit predictable though...
Marti
Jun 20, 2009 Marti rated it really liked it
thought I read it, but after the first chapter I knew it was one I missed....
  • One Night Scandal (The Spinster Club, #5)
  • Her Notorious Viscount (Stoneworth, #1)
  • The Husband Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #1)
  • Yours 2 Keep
  • A Midsummer Night's Sin (Blackthorn Brothers #2)
  • Hero, Come Back
  • The Man from Gossamer Ridge  (Cooper, #6)
  • The Wedding of the Century & Other Stories
  • Dear Maggie
  • The Bride Thief
  • Merely Married
  • After the Abduction (Swanlea Spinsters, #3)
  • Till Dawn with the Devil (Lords of Vice, #2)
  • At the Bride Hunt Ball (Devine & Friends, #1)
  • Untie My Heart
  • All About Seduction
  • The Devil's Waltz
  • The Pretender (Liar's Club, #1)
Jillian Hunter is the bestselling author of over twenty historical romances. She lives with her husband, three daughters, a pug and a poodle in Southern California. She loves anyone who can make her laugh, which means she is in love with Mike Myers and Tyler Perry.
More about Jillian Hunter...

Boscastle (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Seduction of an English Scoundrel (Boscastle, #1)
  • The Love Affair of an English Lord (Boscastle, #2)
  • The Wedding Night of an English Rogue (Boscastle, #3)
  • The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman (Boscastle, #5)
  • The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke (Boscastle, #6)
  • Wicked as Sin (Boscastle, #7)
  • A Wicked Lord at the Wedding (Boscastle, #8)
  • The Wicked Duke Takes a Wife (Boscastle, #9)
  • A Duke's Temptation (Boscastle #10; The Bridal Pleasures #1)
  • A Bride Unveiled (Boscastle #11; The Bridal Pleasures #2)