Start by marking “Cowboy and the Captive (Cowboys and Captives, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cowboy and the Captive (Cowboys and Captives, #1)

Cowboy and the Captive (Cowboys and Captives #1)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  831 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Melina had lived her life in her older, selfish twin's shadow until the final deceit forced her to refocus on her own life. But the past has not been forgotten by Luc Jardin. Now, kidnapped and at the mercy of a man with a grudge, Melina must learn to accept the past as well as her attraction to the arrogant rancher. Just as Luc must learn to accept that, sometimes, things ...more
Published March 2004 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy and the Captive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy and the Captive

Laura (Kyahgirl)
1.5/5; 2 stars; D

I finished this but with a heavy dose of skimming. I thought I'd try another book by this author that wasn't in the 'Breed' series; hoping, in vain, that it would be more to my liking. It doesn't show in my GR library but I've tried quite a few books by Lora Leigh over the years because my sister was a big fan and wanted me to enjoy them as much as she did. This is one point where we forever diverge I guess.

Both main characters in this story were TSTL and the author used every m
Jigzy Lacambra
I like the plot, the story line and every thing! this is the first book of Lora Leigh that I read. I can feel Melina on how she deal with her parent's and her evil drug addict twin sister. I really hate it on how her parents manipulate her to save her drug addict twin sister Maria from her crimes. I love the twist and also the erotic love story between Luc and Melina. The story kinda short but it's a nice one.

I rate it 4.0 out of 5.0 Stars. :)
Gigi
Feb 27, 2013 Gigi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: hetero
Smokin' hot M/F read. Fun, but not for the whole family! No sir.
Maria
Melina has always been the good stand-in for her more outlived twin sister, Maria. When Melina was coerced by their parents to take the fall and go to jail instead of Maria, she was almost raped and severely beaten.
Now Melina is kidnapped by the man that fills her dreams.

Luc is filled with thought of revenge. Revenge for the close encounter with death Maria dealt him and his best friend. He has planned for this abduction and now everything is ready to be set in motion.
But the woman he thinks i
Lyco
Jenny Delandro
Melina was the good twin and Maria was the bad one...
but it went deeper than that...
her parents used Melina to allow Maria to avoid punishment as her behaviour got completely out of control...
but her brother loves Melina and he has a plan to save her from her sister's mess..
nothing could go wrong ... could it?
Wow what a ride...
I don't want it to be over!!!
I want more about Luc and Melina and his wolf called Lobo and her fat cat Mason who only fight with each other when Melina is in the room....L
Jeananna
took me a little bit to get into it but once I did it moved right along... great wrap up and good story.
abi rafon
i like the story line as well as the characters but this is an erotica romance so im a little bit awkward reading some parts and skipped the others. thats why my rating here is for the story only and for being an erotica book,well.. err i dont know how to rate and review it since im not used to reading the kind.
Dana
Not the best Lora Leigh book, but still a pretty good book. The cowboy takes revenge on the girl Maria by kidnapping her, only it is not her he kidnaps it is her twin. Of course they fall in love. All in all a good read.
Lady Raven RAVE!
Liked it good ok read for me. Melina was just perfect in regards to her character and Jordin loved him all in all good read and plot what a sh&^% parents she has though. You can choose your friends but not your family.
Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide
Quick, easy read. Hot sex combined with plenty of tender sweet moments......along with one sexy dirty-talking Cowboy. What else could you ask for?
Marblezzie (Blez)
I think it was a very nice love story! I may have to read Jack's story afterwards coz I can't seem to have enough of Luc and Cat, LOL!
Bonnie Henry
I had a hard time getting into this one in the beginning but it is definitely worth reading.
Kim
Just so-so. I have read and enjoyed many of Lora Leigh's books, but found this one stilted.
April
Super sexy book with mistaken identity!! I loved the story and all the hot steam!! Great read!!
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
I really enjoyed this story, for Lora Leigh it's more sweeter than normal.
Juju221
you know I love a cowboy, full review coming soon.
Norolhoda Arpan
Great story-line. Enjoyed the book very much..
Evelyn
a wonderful short story!! amazing!!
Jolyn
3 1/2 stars for me. Short and sweet
Maranda Melton
was a nice light read. :-)
Flitterkit
Heidi
Heidi added it
Dec 23, 2014
Carly
Carly marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Maria
Maria added it
Dec 22, 2014
What's The Name o...: Romance [s] 6 39 Oct 11, 2014 06:36AM
TSTL means? 1 3 Jun 11, 2014 10:34AM
  • Manaconda (includes Trek Mi Q'an novella & Horde Wars #4)
  • A Wish, a Kiss, a Dream (Cowboys and Captives, #2; Dream, #4)
  • Ties That Bind (includes: Bound Hearts, #1)
  • The Club
  • Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6)
  • The Twelve Quickies of Christmas - Volume 1
  • Perfumed Heat (Heat, # 1)
  • Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #13)
  • Taking Instruction (Taboo, #1)
  • After The Storm
  • Through My Window (Red Light: Star, #1)
  • Hot Spell (Demon World, #2; Breeds, #6; The Guardians, Prequel)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more
More about Lora Leigh...
Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1) Wild Card (Elite Ops, #1) Mercury's War (Breeds, #16) Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #9) Lion's Heat (Breeds, #21)