Start by marking “Right Choice (To Have and To Hold)” as Want to Read:
Right Choice (To Have and To Hold)

Right Choice (To Have and To Hold)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Although he's nervous on this, his wedding day, Pat is still taking all the stresses and mishaps in stride... until his mother announces that Nicky--his first gay friend, his first boyfriend, his first everything--is at the door.
Published June 5th 2009 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Right Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Right Choice

Daisiemae
For a very short book (35 pages) it was pretty good. While Patrick is getting prepared to get married in a couple of hours, he starts thinking about his best friend Nick, who is also his first love and the difficult decision he had to make when they were together.
It's told in first person, by Patrick's point of view. I enjoyed it. Was very short but satisfying because I liked both heroes and felt for Patrick and his fear of coming out to friends and family.

This is part of A Book Everyday in June
Ami
This short story opens with Patrick on his wedding day, being nervous, and then his mother informed him that Nick, his first boyfriend, is waiting for him on the door. Then Patrick remembered those days when he hooked up for Nick for the first time and what went wrong. I totally love the twist of this story. I didn't see it coming. Would love to read novella from this author.
Deeze
3.5

I love when a story keeps me second guessing myself.

This was a sweet but lovely short.

If it was just a bit longer it would of reached the full 4 stars.
xbmbgrl
horribly wrong not six months earlier.

The story Pat recalls is full of great emotion. I fell hard for Nick right along with Patrick. First meeting, first motorcycle ride, first roommate and live in lover. First kiss, first everything. About the same time Nick is coming to realize that Pat is not brave enough to come out to his family I was coming to the same conclusion.

Back on Pat’s wedding day, Nick is at the door. How will Pat react?

This was a very robust story for so few pages. The tale un
Lucy
This one gets five just for being so realistic. I thought for sure something was going to happen, that didn't. It's very short, told in first person on his wedding day, and he is remembering his first boyfriend, Nicky, and all the pain he caused Nicky. It really is a story about making the right choice, and it worked perfectly for me.
Reiko
Really loved it just wished we could have gotten to know his current beau a little bit more other than that he's a great guy
Marlobo
3,5 stars.

Pleasurable short story, predictable from page zero but still cute.
Nichole (Dirty H)
That was super cute.
Emily Moore
Pat is dealing with the last minutes issues that always seem to come up when there's a wedding. He's nervous, but he's not lettig anything get to him. He's focused on making sure he looks good despite the uncooperative hair, nick on his chin from shaving, scratch under his lip, and a collar that didn't want to behave. After a heart-to-heart discussion with his mother, he finds out that there is someone at the door asking to see him. Nicky ~ his first gay friend, his first boyfriend, his first lo ...more
Det
Gigi
Gigi added it
Feb 18, 2015
Driima
Driima marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Deryncarm1970
Deryncarm1970 marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Good Reader
Good Reader marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Mangal
Mangal marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Rie
Rie marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Donna
Donna added it
Jan 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Clare took the pen name London from the city where she lives, loves, and writes. A lone, brave female in a frenetic, testosterone-fuelled family home, she juggles her writing with her other day job as an accountant. She’s written in many genres and across many settings, with award-winning novels and short stories published both online and in print. She says she likes variety in her writing while f ...more
More about Clare London...
Don't Read in the Closet: GayRomLit Retreat 2011 Special Edition True Colors (True Colors, #1) 72 Hours How the Other Half Lives Sparks Fly