Start by marking “If He's Sinful (Wherlocke, #2)” as Want to Read:
If He's Sinful (Wherlocke, #2)

If He's Sinful (Wherlocke #2)

4.17  ·  Rating Details ·  1,975 Ratings  ·  126 Reviews
It is whispered throughout London that the members of the Wherlocke family are possessed of certain unexplainable gifts. But Lord Ashton Radmoor is skeptical - until he finds an innocent beauty lying drugged and helpless in the bedroom of a brothel.

The mystery woman is Penelope Wherlock, and her special gift of sight is leading her deep into a dangerous world of treachery
Published December 1st 2009 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2009)

The Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonLover Avenged by J.R. WardLover Mine by J.R. WardCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareInsatiable by Lauren Dane
Hottest Guy on a Cover
353rd out of 1,348 books — 1,766 voters
Among the Shrouded by Amalie JahnDream Man by Linda HowardShadow's Passion by Molle McGregorFortune Calling by Hunter S. JonesMr. Psychic by Dermot Davis
Romances Featuring Psychic Heroes/Heroines
67th out of 222 books — 112 voters

More lists with this book...

Amanda
Feb 08, 2011 Amanda rated it liked it
This was an entertaining read at times, but I was just a little disappointed with some things. First, Ashton was a bit of an ass...He could have said "sorry for almost raping you, but how was I to know you're a well-bred lady who's been kidnapped and drugged. Any man in my position would do the same." Even though she actually did tell him, he was still going to do the deed...while she’s tied to the bed! Are there no warning bells going off here? And there was not even a "sorry" or "my bad" from ...more
Kathleen
Jan 15, 2010 Kathleen rated it really liked it
I was gonna give this booka 3 1/2 stars until the ending. The ending gave it that extra 1/2 star. I really like this new series Hannah Howell has started. I gave If He Was Wicked a 4 star too. I look forwards to continuing this series in June with If He's Wild.
Elaine Mcdonald
Jan 06, 2015 Elaine Mcdonald rated it really liked it
I liked this series. Howell is a great author!
Kay
I tried really hard to get through this one. I wanted to set it aside at 50 pgs, but since Shelli gave it 5 stars (5!) I kept going until around 100 pages. It just bored the bajeebers out of me.

There was a whole hell of a lot of 'telling' vs 'showing' in this book. For example, when Ashton takes Clarissa to the dinner of the guy who he 'talks trade' with, the whole section is a summary of what happened. I looked forward to this scene (a little) and to not 'be there' when it took place was annoyi
Dawn
Nov 14, 2015 Dawn rated it really liked it
This is the story of Ashton, a financially struggling earl, and his need to support his family by marrying an heiress. The one he has chosen is not only cold but scheming and cruel. Her brother is controlling and runs the show. Ashton is given a night in a brothel as a wedding gift from his friends. He is put in a room with Penelope who was kidnapped and brought there under the direction and payment of Ashton's fiancee's brother. The brother needed to get rid of Penelope as she is their ...more
Barbara ★
I've been a fan of Hannah Howell for years and years. I just love the way she portrays her heroes and heroines especially their psychic elements. This series is no different except the paranormal abilities seem to be on the female side of things not the male. If He's Sinful is basically a retelling of Cinderella with a twist including kidnapping, murder, stolen legacies and danger at every turn.

Ashton is a typical guy. Take him to a whorehouse and he wants to get some. Well hell who wouldn't. U
Holly
Aug 01, 2010 Holly rated it really liked it
I'm really glad to see Howell moving away from her Murray series and into new territory. Though I am concerned that she's planning to exchange one large, eccentric family for another.

I enjoyed this for the most part. I was annoyed that the characters seemed to act so slowly, for it's obvious early on who the villain is. even so, I understood their reasons - they couldn't act without proof. It just seemed it took them a rather long time to realize they needed to get it.

Penelope was a typical Howe
Hasnamezied
Jun 08, 2015 Hasnamezied rated it really liked it
Wow another great book by Hannah Howell. What a family , I totally fall in love with them . In this book is the story of Penolope and Ashton , which starts in a very interesting way. Also, we are introduced to many members of the family especially kids who are adorable. Nice story with so many suspense.
Love it .
Elizabeth Bennet
Mar 24, 2015 Elizabeth Bennet rated it liked it
I was disappointed in this one. I loved the other two in the series Hes So Wild, and Hes so Wicked but this one didn't hold my attention. The beginning started out very well. I was right there with Penelope in her drugged state having all her visions of dead people and such, but after that I just got bored and found myself leafing through the book to get to end.
Sandy James
Dec 14, 2009 Sandy James rated it it was amazing
Loved this story! A very typically entertaining Howell romance!
Fatinha Caires
Nov 18, 2016 Fatinha Caires rated it it was amazing
"WHERLOCKE SERIES"
Second book of this series. The romantic story of Lady Penelope Wherlocke and Ashton Radmoor. Set in London, fall 1788.
The Wherlocke and the VAUGHN family is a family with gifts. Some can see ghosts, some can see visions and so many other special gifts.
This is one of my favorite series. I like books that can take me away with my imagination. I like the almost impossible, the almost unbelievable. This is my kind of book. And I really like this author - Top 5

O secondo livro nes
Jill
Though this is the second book in the series, it looks like it takes place prior to the first book. The world building is much more fleshed out and I really like the characters, especially the "natural" children of the Wherlockes. Great "mistreated orphan" plot where the orphan takes things into her own hands.
Everalice
http/::leslecturesdeveralice.blogspot.com
Deuxième incursion dans cet univers historique à la normalité étrange...
Quel étonnant résumé d'éditeur, qui n'a en réalité pas grand chose à voir avec la rencontre entre les deux héros.
A la veille de demander une jeune fille fortunée en mariage, Lord Ashton Radmoor se voit offrir, par ses proches amis, dans une sorte de rituel érotique propre à la gente masculine de ces temps anciens, une nuit de plaisirs mis en scène dans un bordel côté. Ashton se laisse
Minna
DNF, although I made it to about 65% so I'm awarding myself the credit for having made it so far. This was an interesting premise, from an author I have heard very mixed reviews about. I figured I'd give it a try. Bad idea.

The plot, as written, is completely preposterous. (I assume it's a regency, although in the 65% I read that was never explicitly stated.) Mary Sue Penelope is snatched away from the ten bastard born brothers and cousins she cares for (!) and carted off to a brothel (!!) where
Marilyn Rondeau
Nov 05, 2015 Marilyn Rondeau rated it it was amazing
In 1788 London, Viscount Lord Ashton Radmoor is at a loss and must find the means to dig his family out of debt – he must marry an heiress. Lady Clarissa Hutton-Moore wants to be a viscountess and her brother Charles, who now holds most of Ashton’s father’s IOU’s is willing to barter those IOU’s and Lady Clarissa’s hand in marriage. Ashton’s loyal friends are more than willing to financially help him out but Ashton is determined to do this on his own. So his friends, knowing Ashton may be ...more
Zel Polev
Nov 01, 2014 Zel Polev rated it really liked it
Erin Burns
Crackiness of this zany paranormal family or not, I am going ton find myself very frustrated if the main thrust of relationship conflict in every book is that the hero is entangled with the most evil woman on the planet. Very frustrated indeed.

At least in this case the hero isn’t married, and the engagement wasn’t entirely his own doing and he actively seeks to fix the situation. That was enough for me to not feel quite as frustrated with this one as I was with the last one. But just barely.

Desp
Netha
Mar 07, 2011 Netha rated it really liked it
London, England, 1788.
Lady Penelope Wherlockes Hutton-Moore harus hidup dalam keadaan memprihatinkan pdhl dia memiliki warisan yg sekarang dinikmati oleh saudara2 tirinya. Clarissa & charles Hutton-Moore.

Penelope memiliki sebuah rumah kecil yg dihadiahkan oleh bibinya olympia yg ditinggalinya bersama para sepupu2nya yg adl anak tidak sah dari para paman penelope.

mengenai hidup kekurangan penelope & para sepupunya aq rada heran juga. secara keluarga wherlocke & vaughn bukan keluarga
K
Jul 24, 2013 K rated it liked it
After truly enjoying the first book in this series, I was interested in seeing where the author would take the series next, and who would be featured in this book. And although I found it an easy, enjoyable read, I was also slightly disappointed; therefore the three star rating. Ok-- the things I liked were the action, the characters ( for the most part), and the ending. The main disappointment for me was this story did not feature any of the main characters from the first book ( perhaps one, ...more
Amyiw
May 24, 2015 Amyiw rated it liked it
These are close to being very good but still have too many faults. It was too obvious what the ending was going to be so it was just the fun of how we get there. There are still some surprises in the getting there but too many times you see what is coming. (view spoiler) ...more
Nadine Jones
Jan 19, 2011 Nadine Jones rated it did not like it
The way they picked this book title was: a bunch of publishing people got together and wrote down all the exciting and alluring titles they could think of that hadn't been taken yet (and I guess pickings are getting slim) - then they settled on a title format ("If He's ..."), put all of those together on the wall, and threw a dart. That's how much the title has to do with this book.

This book is okay, but ... the dialogue is strangely stilted, and the story feels very two-dimensional, as if the a
Tarra
Sep 06, 2011 Tarra rated it really liked it
Great read!

This book is labeled as second in the series on Goodreads, my kindle edition said it was the third. Neither mattered because it definitely was a stand alone book.

Great characters! Lord Ashton might be one of the nicest, sweetest alpha males I've read (but you have to look past the time period, where people had to marry for money in order to further social / monetary status. But when Ashton did it, he had good cause!) The title really makes no sense. Who is the He that is Sinful? Not
Ansu
Sep 20, 2012 Ansu rated it liked it
I was a little disappointed with this one after loving If he's Wicked (book1) so much.

This book felt like a duplicate of book 1. In book 1 the uncle and wife wanted to kill the hero Julian for his money, book 2 the step brother and sister wanted to kill the heroine Penelope for her money. I hope If he's Wild book 3 is different.

What also disappointed me was that in book 1, we got to know and love the abilities and gifts of the Wherlocks and Vaughns. Yet Penelope was left abandoned by her family
Jessica Andersen
This was the second book in the Wherlocke series by Hannah Howell. This one again was a light fun read. I went into it directly from the first book. There were similarities between the two, but they were different enough.

They both use the device of a virginal girl who also is basically a single mother meets a much more experienced man. The main characters are likable and so far there hasn't been too much overlap of characters between the books. I was kind of glad that it wasn't just one of the
Ladysatel
Another story in the Wherlocke - Vaughan family series. This story revolves around Penelope Wherlocke who is taking care of the children sired by a member of the family, but abandoned by their mothers. Most of the children have one of the talents that run through the family.

Penelope is supporting the children as best as she can, even though she is not receiving any money from the family. Penelope is kidnapped and taken to a brothel to be sold to the highest bidder. When her boys find her gone th
Tracy T.
Nov 17, 2014 Tracy T. rated it it was amazing
Wow I am loving this series! It's so good. The Hero, Ashton and the Heroine, Penelope are just awesome, both smart, beautiful and witty. I love her gift! They had some great chemistry, not fake or forced. Some nicely written sex scenes.

The story line and plot are great, I love the "gifts" the Wherelocks and the Vaughns have. There is so much dialogue throughout the entire series. So many things happening. Never a dull moment. I enjoyed all the secondary characters as well. The kids were especial
Future Slayer Girl
This is my first historical romance in quite some time. It was actually very refreshing to step back into a world where the sexual content according to the society was taboo, no matter what they were doing. That being said this is also my first Hannah Howell book and it made me want to dive in and read more of her books.

First off, I liked all the main characters. Well, excluding the people I wasn't supposed to like. That is another thing with historical romance, everyone is very well define. I
Kimberley
Apr 23, 2015 Kimberley rated it it was amazing
First time reading this author, but it won't be the last!! I already 1-CLICKED the next book in the series!!!

I see that this came out in 2009.... and that there are 7 out so far and another one coming, May 2015!!!

To say I LOVED this would be putting it mildly!!!!!

This author has an incredible way with words! Historical Romances are one of my favourite genres, when an author gets it right, which Miss Howell most definitely does!

We are taken on a heart-breaking journey with Penelope and "her b
Maya
Feb 17, 2013 Maya rated it really liked it
It was really unique and interesting the circumstance in which Penelope and Ashton met. She was kidnapped and taken to a brothel to be sold to a particular man. But before this could happen the brothel's madam wanted to make some money of Lord Ashton's last days as a bachelor.
Penelope was saved by her bothers and cousins. Ashton and his friends helped.

Penelope has been caring for the families by-blows and unwanted children since she was a child herself.

Penelope has the gift to see and talk to
♥ Melody
Okay it's official I won't be able to finish this. I ended up skimming it I just couldn't read through the whole thing. This is the second book by Howell that was painful to read. Although the plot in this was better then the last, there are so so many plot holes (the size of craters) convoluted villains (another evil psychotic stepsister) and a bunch of random one-too-many-to-count secondary, third characters. It's hard to keep track with who is who. And I'm sorry but WHO manages to take care ...more
  • Highland Hearts
  • Wolfishly Yours (Westfield Wolves, #6)
  • The Brat
  • Sword of the Highlands (Highlands, #2)
  • Viking in Love (Viking I, #8)
  • Netherby Halls
  • Merely Magic (Magic, #1)
  • The Recruit (Highland Guard, #6)
  • Scoundrel's Kiss (Medieval, #2)
  • Sold to a Laird (The Tulloch Sgàthán Trilogy, #1)
  • Taken by the Prince (Governess Brides #10)
  • Much Ado About Marriage (MacLean Curse, #6, Hurst Amulet Prequel)
Hannah Dustin Howell is a best-selling American author of over 40 historical romance novels. Many of her novels are set in medieval Scotland. She also writes under the names Sarah Dustin, Sandra Dustin, and Anna Jennet (see below).

She has also used the following pseudonyms:
Anna Jennet, Sarah Dustin and Sandra Dustin
More about Hannah Howell...

Wherlocke (7 books)
  • If He's Wicked (Wherlocke, #1)
  • If He's Wild (Wherlocke, #3)
  • If He's Dangerous (Wherlocke, #4)
  • If He's Tempted (Wherlocke, #5)
  • If He's Daring (Wherlocke, #6)
  • If He's Noble (Wherlocke, #7)