Start by marking “Cyberdrome” as Want to Read:
Cyberdrome

Cyberdrome

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  159 ratings  ·  15 reviews
When Earth is threatened by a deadly plague, one man enters a virtual world to find the key to humanity's survival. Will he find it in time?

Mathew Grey is a brilliant scientist who accidentally unleashed a man-made plague that ravaged America’s heartland, and now threatens the rest of the planet. Riddled with guilt and running out of time, he decides to use a dangerous te
Published January 10th 2008 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Cyberdrome, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cyberdrome

Gerold Whittaker
In a bid to research a method of saving the world from a man-made plague, Dr Matthew Grey uses a technology called Cyberdrome, a computer-generated reality to speed up the speed of the research.

Things start to go wrong though as some of the team get trapped in the simulation. Dr Grey's son Alek, a computer programmer / hacker whose program is responsible for the simulation malfunction decides to enter the simulation in order to rescue the team.

Others have likened the story to Tron, but it remind
Matt
Cyberdrome was an interesting scifi kind of story with a pretty cool plot. It has a Tron feel to it in that most of it takes place within a computer system and involves humans interfacing and acting inside the computer system as it is a whole world in it self. I liked the plot very much and how the authors used it. The characters were entertaining and I enjoyed reading about all the main characters and their companions.

Overall a great story. It was a bit different then what I have read in the p
Mike
The book overall was well written and had a cohesive plot. The characters were well developed and fit in with the overall story. There were some spots in the book where I had some difficulty following the story line, but over the story flowed well and was interesting. I won't go into the what the story was about, you will need to check that out for yourself. The book is very science fiction and if you are not into that type of story this book may not be for you.
Joe
The best word I can think of to describe this book is "Tron." The story was very reminiscant of Tron - humans entering the virtual world of a computer core and fighting for their freedom.

The story is action packed and a page-turner. The environment and technology described is highly imaginative and well thought-out.

Overall, an entertaining read that was well worth the time involved.
Ian Neill
Interesting idea. Liked it a lot!
Andy
This book was an unexpected gem that I acquired for free from amazon using pixelofink's service. I've seen quite a few people refer to Tron when describing this book, but I'd also like to point out a particular movie. The Thirteenth Floor was a movie that also touched on this topic. Simulated realities are intriguing because you never know if you're on top.
GP
This book really tests your imagination and makes you think about what it is to be human. It goes beyond robots and spaceships and into the realm of virtual reality, where humans are computer programs and computer programs are human. If the writing were improved a bit, I would give this story 5 stars.
Stuart Whitmore
Aug 25, 2013 Stuart Whitmore rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Casual sci-fi readers
I really enjoyed the story overall and specifically the way that the real/virtual world connection seemed more rationally constructed than other stories that seem to handle that crossover by, essentially, magic. Strong characters and good action. A recommended read!
J.A.
I felt like I was watching a movie the entire time I was reading it and those are the kind of books I love to read! Ones that are so descriptive and well-defined that I can visualize everything. I got lost in it (in a good way), and couldn't put it down.
Jim Brown
Nice story

I thought this was a rather nice story. it kept me wanting to read more of it. I was a little disappointed in the ending. It was not as good as the story. It also left much of what the story was about not accomplished.
Jesper Hauge
Weak characters, boring prose and story. Can't help thinking they're trying to write the next Matrix story, but it's too close and not nearly interesting enough.
February Four
Considering some people I know spend more time in Second Life, this book was entertaining. The plot was telegraphed, but it was fun and pretty exciting.
C.
Apr 12, 2012 C. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: sci-fi
Despite a few fairly glaring plot holes, this novel was a surprisingly fun read.
Ken
Dec 07, 2013 Ken added it
Shelves: 2008
True
Che Rex
Che Rex marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Lucinda
Lucinda marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Dawn Roffey
Dawn Roffey marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Bhakta Jim
Bhakta Jim marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Scott Rose
Scott Rose marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Ed
Ed marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
  • Trans-Human (Post-Human, #3)
  • Everywhere But No Place (Messages From The Unseen World, #1)
  • Dream War
  • The Venom of Vipers
  • Implant
  • The Last Drop
  • Walker
  • The Riddler's Gift (Tales of the Lifesong, #1)
  • The Crystal Bridge
  • Freezing Point
  • Mindbenders
  • Winter's Awakening: The Metahumans Emerge (Winter's Saga, #1)
  • A Larger Universe
  • Towards Yesterday
  • The Missing Link
  • Tag (The Zumar Chronicles, #1)
  • The Sixth Discipline (Haven #1)
  • The Reborn (the Day Eight Series Part 1)
Joseph Rhea is a scientist and author of the high-tech scifi thriller, Cyberdrome, as well as the new dystopian scifi series, Novum. Details below:

CYBERDROME - When Earth is threatened by a deadly plague, a young software hacker enters a computer-generated virtual world to unravel a mystery that could be the key to Earth's survival. Will he find it in time?

NOVUM - As the last descendants of Earth
More about Joseph Rhea...
Novum Novum: Exile