Start by marking “Cyberdrome” as Want to Read:

When Earth is threatened by a deadly plague, one man enters a virtual world to find the key to humanity's survival. Will he find it in time?

Mathew Grey is a brilliant scientist who accidentally unleashed a man-made plague that ravaged America’s heartland, and now threatens the rest of the planet. Riddled with guilt and running out of time, he decides to use a dangerous te
Published January 10th 2008 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Cyberdrome, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cyberdrome

Sep 22, 2015 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Cyberdrome explored the concepts and consequences of the evolution of a Technical Singularity- part of the reason I like the book is because I learnt a lot, having never heard of this before. The new information and debates about it by the characters was well written into the story, allowing Cyberdrome to be absorbing and exciting in the action of the book as well as being thought-provoking!
Gerold Whittaker
Jul 20, 2012 Gerold Whittaker rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, ebook
In a bid to research a method of saving the world from a man-made plague, Dr Matthew Grey uses a technology called Cyberdrome, a computer-generated reality to speed up the speed of the research.

Things start to go wrong though as some of the team get trapped in the simulation. Dr Grey's son Alek, a computer programmer / hacker whose program is responsible for the simulation malfunction decides to enter the simulation in order to rescue the team.

Others have likened the story to Tron, but it remind
Feb 23, 2013 Matt rated it really liked it
Cyberdrome was an interesting scifi kind of story with a pretty cool plot. It has a Tron feel to it in that most of it takes place within a computer system and involves humans interfacing and acting inside the computer system as it is a whole world in it self. I liked the plot very much and how the authors used it. The characters were entertaining and I enjoyed reading about all the main characters and their companions.

Overall a great story. It was a bit different then what I have read in the p
George Kartali
Jan 31, 2016 George Kartali rated it really liked it
Great Story

This was a good story but the end could have been short end up it seemed to drag on too long.
Jan 15, 2013 Mike rated it really liked it
The book overall was well written and had a cohesive plot. The characters were well developed and fit in with the overall story. There were some spots in the book where I had some difficulty following the story line, but over the story flowed well and was interesting. I won't go into the what the story was about, you will need to check that out for yourself. The book is very science fiction and if you are not into that type of story this book may not be for you.
Jan 29, 2012 Joe rated it really liked it
The best word I can think of to describe this book is "Tron." The story was very reminiscant of Tron - humans entering the virtual world of a computer core and fighting for their freedom.

The story is action packed and a page-turner. The environment and technology described is highly imaginative and well thought-out.

Overall, an entertaining read that was well worth the time involved.
Ian Neill
Jan 19, 2014 Ian Neill rated it really liked it
Interesting idea. Liked it a lot!
Apr 03, 2012 Andy rated it really liked it
Shelves: classic-sci-fi, 2012
This book was an unexpected gem that I acquired for free from amazon using pixelofink's service. I've seen quite a few people refer to Tron when describing this book, but I'd also like to point out a particular movie. The Thirteenth Floor was a movie that also touched on this topic. Simulated realities are intriguing because you never know if you're on top.
Oct 26, 2012 jheepi rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2012
This book really tests your imagination and makes you think about what it is to be human. It goes beyond robots and spaceships and into the realm of virtual reality, where humans are computer programs and computer programs are human. If the writing were improved a bit, I would give this story 5 stars.
Stuart Whitmore
Aug 25, 2013 Stuart Whitmore rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Casual sci-fi readers
I really enjoyed the story overall and specifically the way that the real/virtual world connection seemed more rationally constructed than other stories that seem to handle that crossover by, essentially, magic. Strong characters and good action. A recommended read!
Sep 22, 2010 J.A. rated it it was amazing
I felt like I was watching a movie the entire time I was reading it and those are the kind of books I love to read! Ones that are so descriptive and well-defined that I can visualize everything. I got lost in it (in a good way), and couldn't put it down.
Jim Brown
Feb 20, 2016 Jim Brown rated it liked it
Shelves: scifi, 2014
Nice story

I thought this was a rather nice story. it kept me wanting to read more of it. I was a little disappointed in the ending. It was not as good as the story. It also left much of what the story was about not accomplished.
Jesper Hauge
Oct 23, 2015 Jesper Hauge rated it it was ok
Shelves: scifi
Weak characters, boring prose and story. Can't help thinking they're trying to write the next Matrix story, but it's too close and not nearly interesting enough.
February Four
May 04, 2012 February Four rated it really liked it
Considering some people I know spend more time in Second Life, this book was entertaining. The plot was telegraphed, but it was fun and pretty exciting.
Apr 12, 2012 C. rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Despite a few fairly glaring plot holes, this novel was a surprisingly fun read.
Dec 07, 2013 Ken added it
Shelves: 2008
Charlie (NJBiblio)
Charlie (NJBiblio) marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2016
Valerie Reed
Valerie Reed is currently reading it
Oct 12, 2016
Judith Faulkner
Judith Faulkner rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2016
Shannon marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2016
Cyberbiker Deitrick
Cyberbiker Deitrick rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2016
Darrell Turner
Darrell Turner marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Ben rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2016
Daniel rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Clint marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
L.m. Shugrue
L.m. Shugrue marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Jaime added it
Aug 15, 2016
Sabeth marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
  • Everywhere But No Place (Messages From The Unseen World, #1)
  • Trans-Human (Post-Human, #3)
  • Dream War
  • The Silence of Lir (Saga of the Spheres #1)
  • The Kiribati Test
  • Iona Portal
  • Mindbenders
  • The Riddler's Gift (Tales of the Lifesong, #1)
  • The Venom of Vipers
  • Implant
  • Darklandia
  • The Nexus (The Nexus, #1)
  • The Last Drop
  • The Reborn (the Day Eight Series Part 1)
  • Memoria
  • Dancing With Eternity
  • World-Mart
  • Bad Radio (Emergent Earth, #1)
Joseph Rhea is a science geek by day / science fiction author by night (sleep is for wimps!) Learn more at
More about Joseph Rhea...