Start by marking “Manga Mutiny” as Want to Read:
Manga Mutiny

Manga Mutiny

"Manga Mutiny "is a Biblically-accurate retelling of Genesis through Exodus 15:27 presented in the authentic Japanese Manga style. This book, third in the Tyndale Manga line, combines cutting-edge illustration with fast-paced storytelling to deliver Biblical truths in a compelling package to an ever changing, post-modern culture. More than 100,000 books sold in series!
Published September 1st 2009 by Tyndale House Publishers

K.D. Absolutely
Jan 30, 2015 K.D. Absolutely rated it liked it
Recommended to K.D. by: Robertson Poblete
Shelves: religion, manga
My third book in my Manga bible reading. After the Manga Messiah (4 stars) and Manga Metamorphosis (4 stars) that both tells the stories from the New Testament, here comes the first of three books about the world before Jesus, i.e., the Old Testament.

Mutiny is a situation in which a group of people (such as sailors or soldiers) refuse to obey orders and try to take control away from the person who commands them. In this book, Manga Mutiny the two books of the OT indeed has many mutinies:
1. The s
S.Q. Eries
Dec 06, 2013 S.Q. Eries rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Jean-Pierre Vidrine
Mar 23, 2010 Jean-Pierre Vidrine rated it really liked it
This is the third in a series of Bible Manga which began with Manga Messiah (the four Gospels) and continued with Manga Metamorphosis (the Acts and Letters of Paul). Here, the creators ambitiously take on the Genesis through Exodus with a small bit of non-canonical tradition. The book succeeds just as the previous two volumes in making the lore of the Bible really come alive, but is perhaps less cohesive than the others, lacking a central character to follow throughout. Unless you count the ...more
Joe Manga
Nov 19, 2014 Joe Manga rated it it was amazing
Chronologically Manga Messengers from NEXT is the first book (of five so far, a sixth book is planned) that sets the Old Testament narrative in context with a story that invites you to join with believers all over the world and begin the stories of the Bible from the beginning with Manga Mutiny. These books are absolutely the most powerful way for young people of all ages to spend time in the Word - you will find that your child turns to the full Bible in order to go deeper into the meaning - ...more
Joe Frazier
Jul 24, 2014 Joe Frazier rated it really liked it
The Next Manga (Japanese stylized comics) series is a vibrant, faithful look at Bible stories that provide a fresh and unique viewpoint in which to be immersed in and engaged by God's love and redemption for His people. It also does a beautiful job pointing to the source of those stories - God's word. I know for me, it's been a great way to reorient myself to well known stories in a fresh way.

Magna Mutiny provides a fluid, clear and faithful rendering of stories from Genesis.
For a full review,
Jeff
Apr 12, 2014 Jeff rated it it was amazing
What I liked about this was it was an innovative way to tell the stories from the bible without compromising either the manga art form of the truth of the scriptures. It managed to be true to the art by using a celebrated artist and followed (and expanded) the form of manga. But at the same time it told the story from the bible with accuracy and not taking tons of liberty to make it "better," as is often done. I highly recommend this, whether you are drawn to the art style or the bible or both.
Natalie Boath
Jun 05, 2016 Natalie Boath rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone, especially those who haven't read the Bible. Suitable for youth.
Shelves: own
Fantastic drawings. This series gives you the stories of the Bible in an easy-to-read format. Worthwhile reading. Excellent as base knowledge for those who haven't read the Bible in full yet. Motivated me to want to read the Bible in full after I've finished the series. Great for those who love manga or graphic novels. This book Gives you a real sense of the Old Testament up to Exodus.
Paula
Aug 27, 2012 Paula rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, favorites, series
I thought it was really interesting and brought a fun way for people to read the bible. It was super interesting and the more I read it the more I got curious about the different kinds of stories in the bible.^_^
Joy Waters
Jul 31, 2016 Joy Waters rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading Manga Mutiny. I loved reading Genesis and Exodus in this version. I liked how they had the bible verses and chapters at the bottom. My favorite story in this Manga was the story of Jacob which he was later called Israel. A great book for Christian teens!
Carol Joyce
Oct 27, 2013 Carol Joyce rated it it was amazing
This is awesome I enjoyed it. One way to enjoy reading bible is the one like this. Manga Comic type this is good for children. Godbless reading everyone.
C.J. Stunkard
Jul 11, 2016 C.J. Stunkard rated it really liked it
Pretty good, broad strokes version of the book of Genesis. Provides plenty of food for thought and is very well produced.
George
Aug 03, 2016 George rated it really liked it
Its a very good book for children. Most of the children don't read The Bible and this book conveys the message to them.
Teresa Kristianti
Teresa Kristianti rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2014
Leonard Ax
Leonard Ax rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2013
Kathlyn Montojo
Kathlyn Montojo rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2015
DynamiteRoll
DynamiteRoll rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Joseph Jonathan
Joseph Jonathan rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2012
Cherry
Cherry rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2013
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2016
Sayril
Sayril rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2015
Luna Waters
Luna Waters rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2016
M Saavedra
M Saavedra rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2013
Termy
Termy rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2012
Megumi
Megumi rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2015
Esther
Esther rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2011
Manix Servolution
Manix Servolution rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2014
Raeanna
Raeanna rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2011
Su-Ji
Su-Ji rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2015
Swa Deng
Swa Deng rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
Bert
Bert rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Manga Metamorphosis
  • Manga Messiah
  • ChocoMimi, Volume 3
  • High School Debut, Vol. 09 (High School Debut, #9)
  • Special A, Vol. 16 (Special A, #16)
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 6 (Beauty Pop, #6)
  • The First Escape (The Dopple Ganger Chronicles, #1)