Start by marking “The Penguin That Hated the Cold (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)” as Want to Read:
The Penguin That Hated the Cold (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)

The Penguin That Hated the Cold (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Tired of always being cold, Pablo, a penguin, decides to move from the South Pole to a warmer climate.
Unknown Binding, 42 pages
Published January 1st 1973 by Random House (NY)

To ask other readers questions about The Penguin That Hated the Cold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Penguin That Hated the Cold

Miss Clark
You know I related to that penguin very deeply.
Robandsuzie
this is one of my husbands most favorite childhood books. I was able to find a copy of it and he was ecstatic to be able to read it to our children. it is now one of their favorites too!
Tanya
As I was listening to my audiobook today about Ernest Shackleton's 1915 Endurance crew floating through the Antarctic on ice floes, I had a flashback to this book I loved from my early childhood. I haven't thought about it in over 30 years, but I remember clearly the wonderful illustrations of Pablo's igloo on his ever-shrinking bit of ice, and then the final page where he's in a hammock on a beach. I'm just so sad my children are already too old to appreciate this darling story!
r. r.
This is the first book I learned to read on my own as a child (pre-k). I remember picking it out from the bookstore, insisting I would love it. I still love it and have a well-worn copy!
Kaethe
I never saw the Three Caballeros as a child and was deprived of this wonderful story of poor, clever, desperate Pablo the Penguin. Thankfully, the Spouse still had his childhood copy.
Amy
This is the first book I learned how to "read" because I made my parents read it to me over and over and over again every night. I practically memorized all of the pages before I actually learned how to properly read it.
Lillie Rayburn
My favorite part was when he finally got tot he hot place where he wanted to be. My bad part was when he was hanging down off of a cliff.
Jez
This is the first book I ever read and I still have it, still love it.
Kira
My youngest loves this book, it is one of her current favorite bedtime stories
Rob Worth
My son loves this book. I read it to him at night before bed.
Jenny
Loved this book as a child. Cute story, fun illustrations.
Jean Godwin Carroll
My all-time favorite book as a kid
Meredith
I loved this book as a kid. :)
Celebrilomiel
Celebrilomiel marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Chris Meier
Chris Meier marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Mandie
Mandie added it
Sep 30, 2014
Imani Sampson
Imani Sampson marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Lori
Lori added it
Jun 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Barbara Brenner is a respected, award-winning author, specializing in works of both juvenile fiction and nonfiction educational material that deals with animals, nature, and ecology. Her interests range from the natural world (i.e. Thinking about Ants) to American history (e.g. Wagon Wheels), all of which are reflected in the wide scope of her work. Brenner discussed with Contemporary Authors Onli ...more
More about Barbara Brenner...
Wagon Wheels Three Little Pigs (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading) If You Lived In Williamsburg in Colonial Days Good Morning, Garden Chibi: A True Story from Japan