Start by marking “Bride of the Water God, Volume 4” as Want to Read:
Bride of the Water God, Volume 4

Bride of the Water God, Volume 4 (Bride of the Water God #4)

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,244 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Gods and mortals alike are in love with Soah! Driven from her husband Habaek's magical kingdom, Soah's life back on Earth has been pretty miserable so far, despite her many admirers. With Habaek's mother and some of his supposed friends conspiring against him, will the cursed Water God finally come to his senses and rescue Soah?

Dark Horse Manhwa's engrossing and mysteriou
Published September 29th 2009 by Dark Horse Books (first published July 12th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Bride of the Water God, Volume 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bride of the Water God, Volume 4

Shera (Book Whispers)
To be honest the whole plot about Soah being sent back with no memory for a bet was weak for me. (Come on, we all new she would remember him.) The look into her family life is very interesting and I'm hoping Soah's little sister will not be forgotten. Cause that girl is also living in a bad home and with big sister gone, what's stopping her farther from selling her off too?

It's actually the last two chapters of this book that make it worth my while. It's clear some serious evil god/goddess plots
Ambs ❤❤
May 15, 2015 Eisah Eisah rated it liked it
Zunaira Ghazal
Aug 16, 2015 Zunaira Ghazal rated it it was ok
Shelves: epic-fail, blah
So one minute Mui’s like, ‘ok I’m leaving, ta.’ And the next he’s like ‘eff you I’m not leaving.’ And then Soah’s like ‘I’m not your property I’m not marrying anyone,’ which would’ve been a respectable decision of there had been a grain of rationality behind it. I mean one moment she’s like ‘ok fine I’m totes marrying you’ and then OUT OF THE FUCKING BLUE she’s like ‘no way, man. Na uh.’

As usual Soah was a dim witted damsel without a spine; running from boy to boy to ‘understand’. But she’s fina
Ramona
Mar 30, 2015 Ramona rated it liked it
The story is all over the place...but still good.
scarlettraces
Nov 05, 2009 scarlettraces rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loaners
excuse me while i go melt in a corner.
Sx3
Jun 05, 2013 Sx3 rated it really liked it
When I ended Volume 3, Soah had been sent back to her village. The village that had sacrificed her to the Water God back in Volume 1 so this should have been a bad thing.

And as we open Volume 4, it isn't a good thing. Her father is still a jerk who wants to sell her off but fortunately, there is a handsome young man named Dong-Young-Nim who wants to marry her and Soah, who remembers nothing of Suguk, agrees.

Meanwhile, Habaek is being needled by glasses guy who has a really long name. Unable to s
Alexa (Once Upon a Chapter)
Feb 18, 2013 Alexa (Once Upon a Chapter) rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted at Pages of Forbidden Love

The beginning of this manga got confusing again. I now know who all of the character are and I understand how they are plotting against the water god but there was a weird dream section in here that I didn’t understand. The water god goes through some dreams and then for a little while it is hard to tell if the story is actually happening in present day or if it is all from the dreams of the water god. I really thought there would have
Raveka
Jul 28, 2015 Raveka rated it really liked it
Plot twist, after plot twist, after plot twist. Didn't like this as much as the last volume, but am really curious to see what comes up! Glad this manhwa picked up the pace.
Ella
Oct 07, 2014 Ella rated it it was amazing
I'm a bit surprised to thing that Habaek/Mui would think or supposingly thinking that Soah is the reincarnation of Nabkin. Habeak's dead wife, the one he truly loves.
Hikari
Mar 05, 2016 Hikari rated it really liked it
Egyre izgalmasabb, egyre fordulatosabb és egyre jobban szeretem Habeket
A vége pedig igazán csattant *-*
Ide nekem a folytatást! Azonnal.
Whitney Garrett
Jul 19, 2014 Whitney Garrett rated it it was ok
Again, still not sure if I like this or not. Considering I probably won't get any more of them from the library, I'm leaning toward not.
Cassandra Carico
Jul 27, 2015 Cassandra Carico rated it really liked it
This series keeps getting better, and the author seems to become more and more adept at the cliffhanger.
Kara
Jan 13, 2016 Kara rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel

Mui drags Soah back to the land of the gods and everyone acts mysterious.
Raine
Apr 01, 2015 Raine rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2015-reads
Still the same as others. Still confused.
Sophie Noel
Ugh this is so annoying but I can't stop reading.
MirandaJae
Apr 27, 2015 MirandaJae rated it it was ok
2 & 1/2 stars.
Skoora
Mar 25, 2010 Skoora rated it really liked it
Nisha
Oct 13, 2009 Nisha rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: suckers who love really pretty art
I'm seriously confused now. I know that Habaek and Mui are the same person, but why is it taboo to say anything? why is there so much drama and crazyness? Why are really pretty girls dying and coming back to life? (and this is not a zombie book)

Its still compelling and the pictures are so beautiful. There are so many pretty people. The dad needs to die though.
Iris
Dec 17, 2015 Iris rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I think this part was really interesting.
I'm playing with a thought here.
Soah thinks she's Nakbin, but then there is someone who's saying that Nakbin is still alive?
Nakbin is Mui's true love, so what about Soah then? What is she to him when he knows his first love is alive?
Athena
Mar 01, 2013 Athena rated it really liked it
For those who like a little romance, artwork, and a story set with strange gods or creatures I'd say this is a good read for you. So far in the series it paints a great picture of the realm of Korean gods that made me want more...
Starbubbles
Dec 19, 2009 Starbubbles rated it really liked it
Shelves: manhwa
the story is at a point where if it is not wrapped up correctly, this series will be a complete wash. it's so complex, and keeps growing in complexity. it's a tricky slope to navigate, but boy it has been a pretty one so far!
Logan
Aug 22, 2010 Logan rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, 2010
The story is starting to fill out nicely. Still moves a little slow, and transitions are still awkward at times, but I think I'm hooked. The artwork is beautiful and I love a story that's full of tangled romances and betrayals.
Tasha
Apr 27, 2012 Tasha rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
This was the shouty relationship volume. Read the review at Truth Beauty Freedom and Books>>>
Shoshi
The art truly impresses far more than the story...but enough of it has picked up that I am sufficiently curious about the protagonist to seek out volume 5.
Nawal Al Hosani Scorpion DOADA
Aug 17, 2013 Nawal Al Hosani Scorpion DOADA rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-it, manga
If this story is what really happens to the girls that are sacrificed........... Then I don't mind getting sacrificed....................
Amanda
Dec 19, 2014 Amanda added it
the serise has been pretty good i've had to order the books but thats ok. Shall start reading this book once i can afford it.
Jessica
Jun 16, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
akhirnya Ha-baek ngerebut Soah. hahahahhaha. and it's shitty man to know that Nak-bin (the ex-wife of Ha-baek) is still alive.
Andrea Olsen
Oct 16, 2009 Andrea Olsen rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I love the artwork in this manga but sometimes the story, or maybe the translation of it, leaves something to be desired.
  • Goong: Palace Story Vol.3 (Goong #3)
  • 100% Perfect Girl, Volume 1
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 5 (A Bride's Story, #5)
  • Basara, Vol. 3
  • Red River, Vol. 8 (Red River, #8)
  • Her Majesty's Dog, Volume 3
Mi-Kyung Kun (윤미경) is a Korean comic artist; she is currently publishing the Bride of the Water God series in the Korean comics magazine Wink.

Received the Silver Medal for Seoul Media Group's "Shin-in-gong-mo-jeon" ("New Artist Debut Competition") for Na-eu Ji-gu Bang-moon-gi (The Journey of My Earth Visit) in 2003.

Received a "Shin-in-sang" ("Best New Artist") award from the Dokja-manhwa-daesang
More about Mi-Kyung Yun...

Bride of the Water God (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Bride of the Water God, Volume 1