Start by marking “I Hate Rules!” as Want to Read:
I Hate Rules!

I Hate Rules! (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo #5)

Katie Carew (nicknamed Katie Kazoo by the class bully) always wished that she could be anyone but herself. Now her wish has come true - and she keeps turning into other people!

When Katie gets caught breaking the rules, first passing a note, and later with a cell phone (that isn't even her's!), she loses her recess for the day. She's had it with the school rules! When she t
Published July 18th 2006 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about I Hate Rules!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Hate Rules!

Mama
Mar 07, 2017 Mama rated it really liked it
The kids and I really enjoyed this book. It prompted great questions about rules. Good rules, bad rules. And what would they do if they were principal.
Fun series!
Alexza Beltre
Jun 28, 2012 Alexza Beltre rated it really liked it
I really like it because it shows how children grow and learn quickly. on page 26 katie become a grow up so fast for just a simple mistake, but at the same time she is having fun living the life of a grow up is a experience that she will never ever forget. on page 68 katie have fun telling the truth and supporting her friends and teachers and by that, she learn to be responsible. you will like this book if you like to have fun but to be in point all the time, to live pretty experiences but to no ...more
I liked this book and how it showed why rules are important. I did not like how she was affected by a wish on a shooting star, it made for random transitions, but it was important for the story line. I like how it lists the rules for the games in the last chapter of the book. I would ask my students what they would do if they were principal. I would also ask them why rules are important and what rules they think should exist for our classroom. I loved the illustrations in this book.

Interest Lev
Jordan Williams
Apr 21, 2015 Jordan Williams rated it really liked it
I feel this is a good book to teach children how important they are as themselves. They don't need, or shouldn't need, to be anyone else. I feel it is also a good book for teaching the importance of rules! Many children feel that rules are for "just being mean" and this book really teaches their importance.
Samantha
Oct 24, 2008 Samantha rated it really liked it
this book is about an ordaniary third grader except for one very huge problem!!! She accidently wished on a shotting star to be anybody but herself. But what katie didnt know is that wishes do really come trueand in the strangest's ways....
Abbie
Feb 10, 2010 Abbie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1stgrade, katie-kazoo
Benie  M
Jun 22, 2015 Benie M rated it liked it
This book (like most Katie Kazoo books) was quick and simple. I decided that I would read for an hour and finished this in 30/25 min. tops. Poor Katie got turned into her Principal, but as always it had a good ending.
Sadie
Jul 12, 2009 Sadie rated it it was amazing
I love this book and the moral of the story and how everything was explained . I use to read this book almost everyday, over and over again in the 3rd grade . And i still have the book somewhere . ^_^ I would recommend this book to anyone, although it's for little kids ! :D
Superdave Klapwyk
Feb 12, 2013 Superdave Klapwyk rated it really liked it
I really like this book it is very exiting especially for kids like me!!!!!! Don't all kids love to have no rules?! The moral is that rules are very important at schools or anyplace else. That's my comment
Katherine
Cute, familiar story. Not very original, but will get some little girls into reading.
Bubba
Jul 21, 2013 Bubba rated it it was amazing
One million stars.
Tierra Garr
Apr 25, 2012 Tierra Garr rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book and so did my children. Katie Kazoo turns in to different people, and you will be surprised who she turns into after getting in trouble from breaking the school rules!
Natalia
Jun 23, 2011 Natalia rated it really liked it
you have to love Katie : )
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it really liked it
katie breaks 2 rules and mr.kane loses his job because the parents and teachers are mad.
Theresa
Jun 16, 2010 Theresa rated it it was ok
i liked this book but it was a little bit immature
Damaris
eww i had to read this to help my lil sis and her book report
Katy
Jun 22, 2008 Katy rated it liked it
rules are made for a reason. ( well, most of them)
Kristen
Mar 03, 2013 Kristen rated it liked it
Read Aloud. My daughter enjoyed it.
Claire
Aug 25, 2013 Claire rated it it was amazing
It was good, funny and silly.
Maura
Oct 21, 2010 Maura rated it really liked it
Very cute book - great way to teach my 7 yr old some good lessons in a a fun way. I wil try more books from this author.
Evita
Jun 09, 2015 Evita rated it it was ok
It was kind of boring and I don't recommend these books to anyone.
Lauren Boche
Lauren Boche rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2014
Francesca Zola
Francesca Zola rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2010
 Jordan
Jordan rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2011
Huma
Huma rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2012
Sadie Evenstein
Sadie Evenstein rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2015
Anne
Anne rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2011
Harshita
Harshita rated it did not like it
Nov 04, 2010
Lucia
Lucia rated it did not like it
Oct 07, 2015
Christi White
Christi White rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2015
  • Horrible Harry and the Dead Letters
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • Stink-O-Pedia: Super Stink-Y Stuff From A to Zzzzz
  • The X'ed-out X-ray (A to Z Mysteries, #24)
  • Ivy and Bean and the Ghost That Had to Go (Ivy and Bean, #2)
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
  • Sophie the Awesome (Sophie, #1)
  • Still Just Grace (Just Grace, #2)
  • Rebecca: An American Girl (Rebecca #1-6)
  • Quirky, Jerky, Extra Perky: More about Adjectives
  • The Prodigal Cat
Nancy Krulik is the author of more than 100 books for children and young adults, including three New York Times bestsellers. She is best known, however, for being the author and creator of the Katie Kazoo Switcheroo book series, which has brought her to the attention of second, third, and fourth graders nationwide.

Nancy has also written extensively for teens and is well known as a biographer of Ho
More about Nancy E. Krulik...

Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo (1 - 10 of 43 books)
  • Anyone But Me (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #1)
  • Out to Lunch (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #2)
  • Oh, Baby! (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #3)
  • Girls Don't Have Cooties
  • Get Lost!
  • Drat! You Copycat! (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #7)
  • Doggone It! (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #8)
  • Any Way You Slice It (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #9)
  • Quiet on the Set! (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #10)
  • No Messin' with My Lesson (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #11)