A Regency Christmas: Scarlet Ribbons\ Christmas Promise\ A Little Christmas (Harlequin Historical Series)

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  21 reviews
"Scarlet Ribbons" by Lyn StoneCaptain Alexander Napier is battle scarred--from war and from life. For him, yuletide is just a reminder of all that he's lost. Can enchanting Amalie Harlowe restore light into the festive season...and reignite the passion in his heart?

"Christmas Promise" by Carla Kelly

Now that peace has broken out, Captain Jeremiah Faulk is at odds over what...more
Published November 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Regency Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Regency Christmas

Ridley
Scarlet Ribbons - Lyn Stone

Fairly forgettable story of a widowed soldier crippled in the Napoleonic Wars and a feisty spinster injured in a riding accident. I did enjoy their dialog and the mirroring of their injuries, but it was written with a mystifying emotional distance. I never felt truly absorbed into the story or like I understood the characters' motivations. Enjoyable, but lacking something. 3 stars.

Christmas Promise - Carla Kelly

Wonderful, emotional tale of love that waited, and waited....more
Ilze
A Regency Christmas - 3 novellas
I've only read Carla Kelly's "A Christmas Promise" in this collection, and enjoyed it very much. 4 stars.

Another reviewer noted that the sentimental cover with the baby has nothing to do with the contents of the book. Maybe Hqn can sell more books with covers like that, but fortunately the contents (at least Carla Kelly's story) are far better than the cover....more
Patsyann
1st story - 4 stars
This is a very short story, so I excuse the lack of character development. The story goes very fast and the outcome is seen way before it happens. It did hold my interest, and eventually I cared about the characters. One Christmas scene - didn't feel like a Christmas story until that scene. Cold skating scene (not a story to read in winter - BRRR!)
BEST USE OF : Not being able to walk
ALPHA MALE 5
SPUNKY HEROINE 10
CUTE KID 10
WARM SEX 10
HEA(HAPPILY EVER AFTER) yes
PROLOGUE/EPILOGUE...more
Caro
Scarlet Ribbons was pretty good. It was great quick read and reached out and grabbed me a little. I liked the characters and understanding, as well as the situations overcome. Great pick me up and character builder. Brava for the characters. Great HEA. Christmas Promise was a great short read too. I would read it again. I liked the emotions, love, and understanding. This was a touching story and speaks to the heart. A Little Christmas was pretty good too. I liked the whole situation and the way...more
Harlequin Historical
I really enjoyed all 3 of the novellas. Each had non-typical heros and/or heroines.

Scarlet Ribbons by Lyn Stone
Battle scarred hero, young lady suffering from injuries. Watching their story unfold was inspiring.

Christmas Promise by Carla Kelly
Retired sea captain, widowed mother of young children. Watching Captain Faulk struggle with settling into a life away from the sea was heart touching and once he finds an old friend in need of his help, it became heart uplifting.

A Little Christmas by Gail R...more
Shelley
A week after reading the fist story, I couldn't remember what it was about. Never a good sign. The summary brought it all back though - it was a pretty good story, some great lines, if too reliant on the stereotypical ending. Ditto the last story - if I see something coming, you have a problem because I generally notice *nothing.* The real reason I got this, of course, was for Carla Kelly's story. It was excellent and a lot of fun to read. My only complaint was Jeremiah's nickname - things that...more
Michelle
I didn't really find these stories all that intriguing, in fact I didn't read the second story at all. The last "A Little Christmas" was my favorite as it had the most interesting plot. I also found the cover design of the book to be misleading, unless there is a baby in the second story, since there is no situation like the one depicted within the novel, not even the scene just the fact that there was no infant present in the stories. Based on the stories within I wouldn't buy this book in a st...more
Caitlyn
I enjoyed all three new-to-me authors in this Regency anthology: Lyn Stone, Carla Kelly, Gail Ranstrom. Each story was a quick read, perfect to read before going to sleep each night. They were everything one expects in a Regency. Each managed to bring to life the environment and characters, even those secondary characters. Each built the chemistry between the hero and heroine from the start. Very nice stories. I would recommend it to those who enjoy Regencies.
Maharet
Quella era una magia che viveva di vita propria

"Guardateci"le fece eco lo scozzese,sorprendendola. "Siamo la metà della stessa mela."

Una delicata antologia che racchiude la magia del Natale,momento in cui tutto può accadere....tre storie deliziose,romantiche,dolci,che ti emozionano e ti sorprendono.Consigliato
Janet
Three underwhelming Christmas stories. Christmas Promise by Carla Kelly was just not up to her usual standard. It simply didn't feel original and I didn't find the romance -- over the years -- to be very convincing. I adore Kelly's work but no one hits every book out of the park!
Judy
July 29, 2010 Read Scarlet Ribbons by Lyn Stone. Great story. 1 of 3.

July 29, 2010 Read Christmas Promise by Carla Kelly. Good story. 2 of 3.

July 30, 2010 A Little Christmas by Gail Ranstrom. 3 of 3.

This was a pretty good book. Nice short stories.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
An anthology of three war-hardened ex-soldiers who return to England for the Christmas holidays and unexpectedly find love. One is injured, one is trying to find his way in the world again, and one is just helping some young people. Good read!!
Janga
The anthology was just average, but "Christmas Promise," the Carla Kelly story,was extraordinary, one of the two best Christmas reads of 2009.
Andrea
Jul 25, 2011 Andrea added it
The short story by Carla Kelly is why I bought this book, and is the only one worth reading (rating based on that story alone).
ms bookjunkie
The stories are all short (but not too short) and emotionally satisfying. Heartwarming. *happy sigh*
First story cute. Second story--Carla Kelly, so it was awesome. Third story, didn't finish.
Meril
once again, the only quality story in a Regency anthology was by Carla Kelly
Cindy
Why is there a baby on the front? No babies in any of the stories.
ReneeW
4.5 Stars for "Christmas Promise."

Did not read the other stories
Michelle
Not worth reading. Want to bleach my eyeballs.
Jacqueline
Christmas Promise by Carla Kelly - 3 stars
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Colette Hyland
Colette Hyland marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Angela Freeman
Angela Freeman marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Cary
Cary added it
Jun 29, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Regency Christmas Proposals
  • A Countess by Christmas
  • Coming Home for Christmas: A Christmas in Paradise\O Christmas Tree\No Crib for a Bed
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie, #4.5)
  • The Diamonds of Welbourne Manor: Justine and the Noble Viscount \ Annalise and the Scandalous Rake \ Charlotte and the Wicked Lord (Harlequin Historical)
  • The Rake's Wicked Proposal
  • The Heart of Christmas (Includes: Carhart #0.5, Tallants #3.5)
  • Lord Braybrook's Penniless Bride
  • The Winter Queen (Tudor Queens, #1)
  • To All A Good Night
  • Pickpocket Countess
  • Western Winter Wedding Bells
  • The Brides of Christmas (Includes Warrior, #11; de Burgh, #3.5)
  • Gift-Wrapped Governess: Christmas at Blackhaven Castle\Governess to Christmas Bride\Duchess by Christmas
  • The Last Rogue (Regency Quartet, #4)
  • Holiday Hideout
  • Bought: The Penniless Lady  (Gentlemen of Fortune, #2)
  • In the Master's Bed
The Captain and the Wallflower The Highland Wife Bride of Trouville The Viscount My Lady's Choice (Harlequin Historical, #511)