Start by marking “Fablehaven; Rise of the Evening Star; Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven, #1-3)” as Want to Read:

Fablehaven; Rise of the Evening Star; Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven #1-3)

4.57  ·  Rating Details ·  2,145 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Danger lurks everywhere at Fablehaven, where someone has released a plague that transforms beings of light into creatures of darkness. In dire need of help, the Sorensons question where to turn, now that long trusted allies have been revealed as potential foes. Kendra embarks on a special mission that only she can attempt because of her new abilities as fairykind, while ...more
Published October 27th 2009 by Aladdin

Be the first to ask a question about Fablehaven; Rise of the Evening Star; Grip of the Shadow Plague

Katie
Aug 19, 2009 Katie rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful series. It's about a preserve for mythical creatures, like fairies, giants, dragons, etc. The main characters are a brother and sister that go to visit their grandparents and find that they are the caretakers of this fantastic place. I recommend it to anyone that wants a fun story, full of imagination. I think it would be appropriate for 10 yrs. old and up, if your little reader wants something fun to read.

FYI, Fablehaven 4 is out, and 5 is on the way. Yeah!
Karalee
Jul 04, 2010 Karalee rated it it was amazing
The first of the Fablehaven series introduces us to Kendra and Seth who learn about a new magical world taken care of by their grandparents. Highly recommended for children and adults alike!
Max
Sep 07, 2015 Max rated it really liked it
What I thought about Fable Haven Rise Of The Evening Star is that is was one of those books that kept you on the edge of your seat, and a book that you could no put down. It was about a girl named Kendra and her brother Seth, they would vist there grandparents often but theres a catch, there house and creatures around them are magical. Another great thing about the book is that it is a 5 book series!

My personal opinion is that this book (and series), is really good, like I said there are 5 books
Sharla
Jul 09, 2012 Sharla rated it liked it
I have now finished books one, two and three of this series. I really thought I was reading a trilogy only to find out at the end of book three that there is a book four and now I learn there is also a book five. I'm not sure I will continue but I might. I did enjoy one through three. At the end of two I just had to keep reading and ended up finishing three while the storms raged last night. These are, by the way, good to read during a stormy night. These books are intended for young audiences ...more
Breanna
Oct 28, 2009 Breanna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I like the series as a whole. The first felt kind-of like an introduction, but after that, "Wow." I love how he probably planned the whole series ahead of the time. Things I thought were minor details from the first become anything, but minor in the rest of the series.
Also, the audio books for this series are amazing. The narrator, E.B. Stevens, does an amazing job. He has different voices for the characters and all of them are so wonderful and well-done. They were a delight to listen to. He al
Kurisutaru Kumori
May 10, 2015 Kurisutaru Kumori rated it it was amazing
I love the series!! Its so awesome I tortured our doorknob! My favorite character is Seth (Don't judge me he's awesome!) Sure he gets in trouble a lot but who can blame him? He's just looking for adventure! He's funny, brave and awesome, without him the story would be boring(don't argue) I just found out that lots of people don't like Seth that much so..........SETH IS AWESOME DEAL WITH IT! (I'm not obssesed or anything I just don't like it when people say mean things about my favorite character ...more
Vivian
Apr 05, 2011 Vivian rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
My teenage daughter was so insistent that I read this series that she finally began reading the books aloud to me in any spare minute that she could grab my attention. It's been fun doing this together.

It all begins when Tween siblings Kendra and Seth go to stay with their elusive grandparents while their parents go on a cruise. Unbeknownst to them, they are about to vacation in a magical wildlife preserve. Here almost anything can, and does, happen.
Janika (La Bookish Reveur)
Aug 04, 2012 Janika (La Bookish Reveur) rated it it was amazing
Fablehaven staying true to its promise NONE WHO ENTER WILL LEAVE UNCHANGED is such an amazng book! it is packed with adventure, in reading it, it has opened a portal to a new world revealing wonderful and evil mystical beings,packed with adventure for everyone,and lessons to learn as well.Reading it, I vividly imagined the fairies, the house, the beautiful garden and the pond, characters and other events and places. AMAZING!!!
Kristina
Dec 21, 2014 Kristina rated it it was amazing
True to young adult fantasy, his writing is fairly simple, but tight and descriptive just the same. He is in control of this world, while at the same time seeing in awe of just what he has created. The characters are not flashy stereotypes, but subtle, down-to-earth, and very much believable. Better than Harry Potter in my book!
Shelli
Aug 09, 2013 Shelli rated it it was amazing
Don't borrow these books from the library, buy them! Your entire family will LOVE and wish to read each again and again. I read the first three books in less than a week due to the fast paced non-stop action, wonderful character development and crazy cliff hanger endings.
Sharae
Mar 23, 2010 Sharae rated it really liked it
I read all of these books 1-3 and on, I really find them entertaining I really like Brandon's books, I think they are great for me and I am enjoying them just as if I were 12 who says a 20 year old can't read it. Its full of doom and fantasy and I love it!
NewFranklin School
Jan 14, 2011 NewFranklin School rated it it was amazing
I thought the begaining was really slow but a really good first book! I am on the last book at the moment!(the 5th) hope you like it bye! READ IT!!!!!!!!

Bye,
Sara
Brook
Sep 11, 2009 Brook rated it really liked it
Love this series. I can't wait to read it with my daughter when she is older. Creative, easy, and exciting.
Jen Nielsen
Mar 23, 2010 Jen Nielsen rated it really liked it
Brandon Mull has a great sense of humor and I like the world he has created inside and out of Fablehaven. I think the books are progressively getting better. I can't wait to read books 4 & 5.
JJ
May 28, 2010 JJ rated it it was amazing
the BEST book ever!
I can finish the 500 paged one in 1 night!!
I love it so mucha!!!!!
you cannot let go of it until you are done with it:)
Megan
Mar 07, 2011 Megan added it
one of the best books i have ever read!! you are a great author mull (if you ever find this message i love your books.)
Hazel
Jul 31, 2009 Hazel rated it it was amazing
I really liked these ones, these are the type of books that when you sit down to read you don't put down bcause it is just fun to reas it.
Bethany
Bethany rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2012
Stephanie Harter
Stephanie Harter rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2014
Justinian
Justinian rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2014
Jenny
Jenny rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
Raymond Justice
Raymond Justice rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2015
Erin Griffith
Erin Griffith rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2013
Stephanie Butenhof
Stephanie Butenhof rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2012
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2012
Marci
Marci rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2009
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2012
Rahul
Rahul rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2013
Sally B
Sally B rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2014
  • Septimus Heap Box Set: Magyk and Flyte (Septimus Heap, #1-2)
  • The First Chronicles Of Prydain (The Chronicles of Prydain #1-3)
  • Deltora Quest: Special Edition, Books 1-4
  • Elspeth (Shadow of the Dragon, #2)
  • Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo, Leven Thumps and the Whispered Secret (Leven Thumps, #1-2)
  • Silver Dagger
  • The Books of Bayern Box Set, Books 1-3
  • The Enchanted Collection Box Set: Ella Enchanted, The Two Princesses of Bamarre, Fairest
  • The Odorous Adventures of Stinky Dog (Tales From the House of Bunnicula, #6)
  • The Travelers: Book Two (Pendragon: Before the War, #2)
  • The Bartimaeus Trilogy Boxed Set (Bartimaeus, #1-3)
  • The Adventures of King Midas
  • The Ruins of Gorlan / The Burning Bridge / The Icebound Land (Ranger's Apprentice #1-3)
  • Soltra The Stone Charmer (Beast Quest, #9)
  • Feathered Serpent, Part 1 (Tennis Shoes, #3)
Brandon Mull resides in a happy little valley near the mouth of a canyon with his wife and three children. He spent two years living in the Atacama Desert of Northern Chile where he learned Spanish and juggling. He once won a pudding eating contest in the park behind his grandma’s house, earning a gold medal. Brandon is the author of the New York Times bestselling Fablehaven series and The Candy S ...more
More about Brandon Mull...

Fablehaven (6 books)
  • Fablehaven (Fablehaven, #1)
  • Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, #2)
  • Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven, #3)
  • Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4)
  • Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5)
  • Dragonwatch: A Fablehaven Adventure