Start by marking “Fablehaven; Rise of the Evening Star; Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven, #1-3)” as Want to Read:

Fablehaven; Rise of the Evening Star; Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven #1-3)

4.57 of 5 stars 4.57  ·  rating details  ·  1,691 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Danger lurks everywhere at Fablehaven, where someone has released a plague that transforms beings of light into creatures of darkness. In dire need of help, the Sorensons question where to turn, now that long trusted allies have been revealed as potential foes. Kendra embarks on a special mission that only she can attempt because of her new abilities as fairykind, while Se ...more
Published October 27th 2009 by Aladdin

Be the first to ask a question about Fablehaven; Rise of the Evening Star; Grip of the Shadow Plague

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. RowlingThe Giving Tree by Shel SilversteinQuidditch Through the Ages by J.K. RowlingThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienThe Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
Greenest Books Ever
231st out of 1,226 books — 401 voters
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienThe Wayward Gifted by Donna K. ChildreeThe Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. LewisThe Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
Great Read-Aloud Fantasy Books
28th out of 164 books — 65 voters

More lists with this book...

Katie
This is a wonderful series. It's about a preserve for mythical creatures, like fairies, giants, dragons, etc. The main characters are a brother and sister that go to visit their grandparents and find that they are the caretakers of this fantastic place. I recommend it to anyone that wants a fun story, full of imagination. I think it would be appropriate for 10 yrs. old and up, if your little reader wants something fun to read.

FYI, Fablehaven 4 is out, and 5 is on the way. Yeah!
Karalee
The first of the Fablehaven series introduces us to Kendra and Seth who learn about a new magical world taken care of by their grandparents. Highly recommended for children and adults alike!
Sharla
I have now finished books one, two and three of this series. I really thought I was reading a trilogy only to find out at the end of book three that there is a book four and now I learn there is also a book five. I'm not sure I will continue but I might. I did enjoy one through three. At the end of two I just had to keep reading and ended up finishing three while the storms raged last night. These are, by the way, good to read during a stormy night. These books are intended for young audiences b ...more
Breanna
I like the series as a whole. The first felt kind-of like an introduction, but after that, "Wow." I love how he probably planned the whole series ahead of the time. Things I thought were minor details from the first become anything, but minor in the rest of the series.
Also, the audio books for this series are amazing. The narrator, E.B. Stevens, does an amazing job. He has different voices for the characters and all of them are so wonderful and well-done. They were a delight to listen to. He al
Vivian
My teenage daughter was so insistent that I read this series that she finally began reading the books aloud to me in any spare minute that she could grab my attention. It's been fun doing this together.

It all begins when Tween siblings Kendra and Seth go to stay with their elusive grandparents while their parents go on a cruise. Unbeknownst to them, they are about to vacation in a magical wildlife preserve. Here almost anything can, and does, happen.
Janika
Fablehaven staying true to its promise NONE WHO ENTER WILL LEAVE UNCHANGED is such an amazng book! it is packed with adventure, in reading it, it has opened a portal to a new world revealing wonderful and evil mystical beings,packed with adventure for everyone,and lessons to learn as well.Reading it, I vividly imagined the fairies, the house, the beautiful garden and the pond, characters and other events and places. AMAZING!!!
Shelli
Don't borrow these books from the library, buy them! Your entire family will LOVE and wish to read each again and again. I read the first three books in less than a week due to the fast paced non-stop action, wonderful character development and crazy cliff hanger endings.
Sharae
I read all of these books 1-3 and on, I really find them entertaining I really like Brandon's books, I think they are great for me and I am enjoying them just as if I were 12 who says a 20 year old can't read it. Its full of doom and fantasy and I love it!
NewFranklin School
I thought the begaining was really slow but a really good first book! I am on the last book at the moment!(the 5th) hope you like it bye! READ IT!!!!!!!!

Bye,
Sara
Jen Nielsen
Brandon Mull has a great sense of humor and I like the world he has created inside and out of Fablehaven. I think the books are progressively getting better. I can't wait to read books 4 & 5.
JJ
the BEST book ever!
I can finish the 500 paged one in 1 night!!
I love it so mucha!!!!!
you cannot let go of it until you are done with it:)
Hazel
I really liked these ones, these are the type of books that when you sit down to read you don't put down bcause it is just fun to reas it.
Megan
Mar 07, 2011 Megan added it
one of the best books i have ever read!! you are a great author mull (if you ever find this message i love your books.)
Brook
Love this series. I can't wait to read it with my daughter when she is older. Creative, easy, and exciting.
Nancy Christensen
their sweet read them . anyone who likes adventure and fantasy will love this book *<:)
Kei Uchiha
"FableHaven" truly is 'The new Harry Potter' I can't wait for the movie!
Dave
This is a great starter for anyone wanting to get into the lore of fantasy.
Brookepoll
Awesome. It teaches you to look at creatures in a different way.
Mindy
This is my 2nd time reading it and I still love it!!
Maleah
Okay. The conflict always resolves too quickly.
Kay
Love this entire series. Very fun reading.
Melanie
Liked them a lot and flew threw them all!
06emilyr
I really liked this book, especially the end.
Jamisyn
STOPPED AT THREE WASN'T ME FAVE
Misty
Fabulously fun to read with the kids!
I liked these books alot, just one more yet to come out and i cant wait >.<....
  • Septimus Heap Box Set: Magyk and Flyte (Septimus Heap, #1-2)
  • The First Chronicles Of Prydain (The Chronicles of Prydain #1-3)
  • Elspeth (Shadow of the Dragon, #2)
  • Deltora Quest: Special Edition, Books 1-4
  • Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo, Leven Thumps and the Whispered Secret (Leven Thumps, #1-2)
  • Silver Dagger
  • The Books of Bayern Box Set, Books 1-3
  • The Enchanted Collection Box Set: Ella Enchanted, The Two Princesses of Bamarre, Fairest
  • The Bartimaeus Trilogy Boxed Set (Bartimaeus, #1-3)
  • The Travelers: Book Two (Pendragon: Before the War, #2)
  • How to Be Totally Miserable
  • The Search for Truth (Erec Rex, #3)
  • Artemis Fowl Boxed Set, Bks 1-5 (Artemis Fowl, #1-5)
  • Torgor The Minotaur (Beast Quest, #13)
  • The Ranger's Apprentice Collection Books 1-3 Box Set (The Ruins of Gorlan, The Burning Bridge, The Icebound Land)
  • Feathered Serpent, Part 1 (Tennis Shoes, #3)
  • For the Strength of Youth: Fulfilling Our Duty to God
"Brandon Mull resides in a happy little valley near the mouth of a canyon with his wife and three children. He spent two years living in the Atacama Desert of Northern Chile where he learned Spanish and juggling. He once won a pudding eating contest in the park behind his grandma’s house, earning a gold medal. Brandon is the author of the New York Times bestselling Fablehaven series and The Candy ...more
More about Brandon Mull...
Fablehaven (Fablehaven, #1) Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven, #3) Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4) Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5) Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, #2)