Start by marking “How to Rule the World from Your Couch” as Want to Read:
How to Rule the World from Your Couch

How to Rule the World from Your Couch

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  88 ratings  ·  25 reviews

Bestselling author Laura Day, demonstrates how to tap deeper into your intuition to transform your relationships, health and financial situation.
Published October 6th 2009 by Atria Books (first published September 14th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about How to Rule the World from Your Couch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Rule the World from Your Couch

Singingb
Laura Day is the real deal. I've been dying for another book from this talented and gracious woman. Even if,...especially if, you don't believe in intuition and similar innate human abilities, Laura's book will show you that you don't have to believe for it to be true. She constantly encourages analytical thinking and recording your observations so you can test the results for yourself. Why wouldn't you want to harness a power you already have for your own benefit??

I highly recommend this book a
Elizabeth
It was ok. More generalized than I had anticipated. That said, I think it's also one of those that needs to be read multiple times to get the full effect/impact.
Uriah
When I first read the title of this book, the possibilities seemed endless. The fact that I won it as a first-read seemed like destiny was calling. The time seemed right to usher in a new age. I wondered what sort of uniforms my personal guard should wear. Would I be responsible for sorting out the Middle east or could I just send them to their rooms? Where should I situate my new capitol? So many decisions to make...

Joking aside, this book was an odd read for me. It just didn't capture my atten
MindBodyGreen
It really is an awesome book. If you've read any of Laura's previous books you will not be disappointed. I especially liked her advice on how to use intuition for relationships (VERY practical).

If you're interested in picking up this book or you're a fan of Laura's books, you might want to check out MindBodyGreen's interview with Laura as she talks about the difference between "belief" and "intuition" and shares more of her insights on intuition and How to Rule the World from Your Couch.
Rebecca
Feb 06, 2010 Rebecca marked it as to-read
Uhhh, it was reviewed in Glamour magazine and sounded interesting?
Akemi G
If you are done with books that introduce you to intuition development (such as Trust Your Vibes: Secret Tools for Six-Sensory Living) but put off with psychic development books that seem too woo-woo, this is the book for you. More organized than the author's previous book Practical Intuition. Fun read and you will learn something.

One star off because the title is misleading and because I generally don't go for book cover that features the author's pic. (It just makes me wonder -- is the book a
Jackie Morrison

Why less is more, more often

How to Rule the World from Your Couch , by Laura Day, is an unofficial follow-up to The Circle, where she writes more on the notion of energy as a method of shifting the forces of fate around you. In The Circle, Day listed that the second element of wish fulfillment is embodiment. Embodiment is defined as the ability to fortify your senses in such as way that your entire being feels as if your wish has come true. It’s like the expression, "I can almost taste it," whe
Gillian
the last time I read Laura Day was when she appeared through the Learning Annex. Her current book at that time was the Circle. It was a Friday afternoon late in the spring many many years ago. I decided to make the trek downtown as a 'stress buster' after a long and stressful telcon in prep for a joint meeting with the Chairman (PJC). I got to the session and saw sitting across from me in the room the HR Manager. There went my stress relief. I acknowledged her but maintained my distance. Laura's ...more
Daniel
"We live in a world of constant activity, always doing, in motion, on task. The reality is that your truest successes come not only from what you do, but more so from your preparedness and ability to gather needed information in advance. The doing piece is actually tiny, but only if you have laid down the proper foundation of readiness. Everything is available. Your only task at hand is to position yourself properly to receive it. Think of yourself as a perfectly designed state-of-the-art radio. ...more
Brooke
Laura Day introduces a number of concepts in this book. I am listening to it a second time to undercover the steps she suggest one use to enhance these innate gifts.
Diana Shaffner
This book's title is extremely misleading. It suggests the fact that practical tips useful to anyone would be introduced. However, the book goes on to recommend trying rather paranormal activities such as channeling your thoughts and "body heat" via your mind to another person. This might all be well and nice to experiment with every now and then but it is not acceptable as serious "tip". Everyone has intuition and it is a relevant message to encourage people to use and trust it. However, the ex ...more
I won this book from FirstReads. I think that the description of the book is a little misleading. I thought the book was going to be about when to follow your gut vs. your mind, how to discern the importance of various facts, etc. Even some light visualization and intuition would have been fine with me. I couldn't get much further than the first chapter in this book because it deals with a number of paranormal matters (ESP, etc.) I don't mind reading about those types of things, but I do mind in ...more
Melinda
Great tips and information to get comfortable with intuitive skills
Nancy
Reading with 5 others and facilitator...interesting way to expand natural talents we all have. Not sure I will be a superstar in this arena...however, fun to experiment with 5 others I grew to respect and enjoy their perspectives. We did group exercises together that were very eye opening. Feeling to go beyond basic skills...would need lots more practice and focus than I have the energy to dedicate at this time. Future hobby in the making probably.
Regina Walker
I was really excited at first. It seemed like a how to "ap into your own intuition" book. But, I found the exercises difficult to understand and intititate. Also they did not yield results for me. I find meditation and prayer to be more helpful in learning to trust myself and God. I would recommend these for anyone wanting to tap into their own intuition or God.
Lisa
Of all the books on intuition and healing I've read, this was by far the most practical.

It isn't outlandish or 'airy-fairy'. For the novice, practicing Laura's techniques makes using intuition easy and possible.
Larry
I tore the covers off and put it in the paper recycle bin. Not good enough for goodwill. Really If you need motivation there are much better writers out there.
Michele
Dec 01, 2009 Michele is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Listening to this audio book and Laura Day is switched and full of bright ideas that are inspiring me to smarten up my life and busy to be more effective.
Ethel
This is an incredibly helpful book. Laura's explanations are instructional and provide confirmation for things that are occurring but were previously unclear.
Robert
Man, I have been really snailing through this one. It is almost spoken in tongues when it comes to my spiritual life and the most common of terms.
Lesley
This book was just awful. I repeatedly tried to give the author the benefit of the doubt, but this book is ludicrous.
Teressa
Eye opening. I'm going to try several of the exercises for a while and see how it goes.
Karen
I didn't really like this book. I couldn't even finish it.
Yaffama
We all have intuition and this book truly helps one understand that.
Therese Gilardi
very clear ideas on how to connect with your intuition
Tīna
Tīna marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Araba Dowell
Araba Dowell marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
  • The Map: Finding the Magic and Meaning in the Story of Your Life
  • The Good Energy Book: Creating Harmony and Balance for Yourself and Your Home
  • A Mythic Life: Learning to Live our Greater Story
  • Belief: Readings on the Reason for Faith
  • One Person/Multiple Careers: A New Model for Work/Life Success
  • Quantum Wellness: A Transformative Guide to Health, Happiness and a Better World
  • Five Wishes: How Answering One Simple Question Can Make Your Dreams Come True
  • The Suitcase Entrepreneur
  • Archetypes: Who Are You?
  • Brag!: The Art of Tooting Your Own Horn without Blowing It
  • What Are You Waiting For?: Learn How to Rise to the Occasion of Your Life
  • The Complete Book of Numerology
  • Outside the Not So Big House: Creating the Landscape of Home
  • Western Guide to Feng Shui: Room by Room
  • The Truth about Dating, Love, and Just Being Friends
  • Etsy-Preneurship: Everything You Need to Know to Turn Your Handmade Hobby Into a Thriving Business
  • Expelled from Eden: A William T. Vollmann Reader
  • Change Anything: The New Science of Personal Success
Practical Intuition The Circle Welcome to Your Crisis: How to Use the Power of Crisis to Create the Life You Want Blazing Hot Bad Boys  (Boxed Set: MC Romance Bundle) Practical Intuition: How to Harness the Power of Your Instinct and Make It Work for You