Start by marking “Buying Guide 2007” as Want to Read:
Buying Guide 2007
Preview

Buying Guide 2007

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Smart shopping advice on all your buying needs from the source you trust

Whatever your shopping style - diligent researchers, casual browser, or determined time saver - the current shopping scene holds new and expanding options. While shopping alternatives have grown, and the economy has shrunk, the basic smart-shopping rules remain the same: do your homework to determine
Published November 14th 2006 by Consumers Union (first published October 28th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Buying Guide 2007, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buying Guide 2007

Steven Peterson
I look forward to receiving the Consumer Reports Buying Guide each year. The products reviewed in one volume is a fine resource to assist decision making when purchasing items--from the smaller things like paint to larger purchases such as automobiles.

This volume seems a bit more slender than earlier volumes, but it still packs a lot of information. Just at random, to illustrate, we see the following:

1. Comparing retailers. For major appliances, we see Abt Electronics rating well; for small appl
Steven Peterson
Each year, I ,look forward to receiving this volume. Gives me reviews of a variety of products and helps me to make purchases that I have some confidence in.

Some examples of evaluations: laptop computers. Best among 10-13 inch models--Samsung ATIV, Asus Transformer, Microsoft Surface Pro. Those are the recommended models. Other categories? 10-13 inch detachable; 11-13 inch convertible; 11 inch; 13 inch; 14 inch; 15-16 inch; 17-18 inch.

Want an e-book reader? Take a look at pages 61-62.

Gas grills?
Steven Peterson
Here is the 2011 version of Consumer Reports' annual buying guide. What a treasure trove of information! Thinking of getting a computer? Where to go? Reader scores are highest for Amazon.com under the category Web Sites/Catalogs; Apple.com gets highest marks for Manufacturer web sites/catalogs; Apple, Costco, and Micro Center get the honors for walk-in stores. And on it goes. What about coffeemakers? Popular these days are the so-called Pod Coffeemakers. What to buy? Test results suggest that Cu ...more
Steven Peterson
One of the things about the journal "Consumer Reports" and its annual "Buying Guide" is that--because it does not accept advertisements--there's a good chance that biases in ratings are less apt to occur.

Each year, a Buying Guide is published, in which the consumer can get something like the "greatest hits" of "Consumer Reports." Stick this in your pocket when you go shopping for significant purchases and use it to the fullest extent possible. For major purchases, I know that I screen products
Steven Peterson
A review from a couple years back:

The 2007 Consumer Reports Buying Guide has just come out. And for consumers, that is great news!

Each year, informed consumers await the issuing of the latest Buying Guide. This year's guide covers items from A (autos, air conditioners, air cleaners) to W (washing machines).

Special projects are made easy. Do you need a "new" used car? Good price and good quality? Take a look at the relevant section in the Buying Guide. Want to spend less than $6000 and get a go
Steven Peterson
Boy, do I look forward to this publication each year! Want to know about televisions, vacuum cleaners, ranges, washers and dryers, computers, printers, camcorders, cell phones, GPS devices, and so on? Take a look and get a sense of what Consumer Reports sees as best and worst buys for each product--and what are the most cost-effective, the best quality for the money you pay. . . .

Especially relevant is the autombile section. When we are on the lookout for a new or used car, I take this volume wi
Andy
This is the condensed version of Consumer Reports Magazine, in other words it cuts to the chase and provides brief databases and summaries of what the best values in electronics, computers, automobiles, power tools, etc. are. These guys provide a valuable resource and if you don't want to subscribe to their magazine this is the next best thing. Highly recommended.
Katherine
I have read just about all of the consumer reports. I love them! I found the best car for my family that gets awsome mileage and a good amount of room. They still want a prius but this one is cheaper. it's a honda fit!
Angel Serrano
Angel Serrano marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Lilo
Lilo marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2013
Maria
Maria added it
Feb 23, 2013
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
How to Clean Practically Anything Best Baby Products How to Clean and Care for Practically Anything Used Car Buying Guide 2008 (Consumer Reports Used Car Buying Guide) Complete Guide to Reducing Energy Costs