Start by marking “Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #1)” as Want to Read:
Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #1)

Gingham Bride (Buttons & Bobbins #1)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  278 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Fiona O'Rourke doesn't believe in love and certainly not in a marriage arranged by her cruel father. And even if her unexpected betrothed seems honorable and kind, can she trust his motives or the attraction between them? Ian McPherson came to Montana to salvage his family's dwindling fortune, not to take a wife. But he's instantly drawn to Fiona. He wants to protect her e ...more
Published November 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Gingham Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gingham Bride

Melody
I got this book as I had won it from one my Goodreads groups. This was my very first 'anything I ever won' and so getting it in the mail to read was doubly exciting for me. And I just love Jillian Hart, so very exciting indeed.
I had to laugh to myself when I saw the name of the heroine for that was what my Dad wanted to name me! But my mom won out with Melody, and I have to say I like my name, so it's good. :)
She was a great Fiona, and I loved her from the start. The relationship development wa
Susan Hollaway
I’ve been a fan of Jillian Hart’s writing for some time now. Once again, Hart had me pulled into her story from the very beginning and kept me there through the entire book. I felt as I was living right alongside her characters. I didn’t want to put her book down.
***
Fiona thinks her life can’t get any worse and dreams and plans for the day that she can escape the control of her abusive father and defeated, angry mother. Since her brother died, she has lived in a house completely void of kindness
Wendy Sparkes
#1 Buttons & Bobbins

A lovely read, set during the Christmas season, and a nice introduction to the friends we meet in this series.

#1 Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #1) by Jillian Hart #2 Patchwork Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #2) by Jillian Hart #3 Calico Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #3) by Jillian Hart #4 Snowflake Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #4) by Jillian Hart

I love this new series! Sad circumstances that the main characters experienced, but you see the difference one growing up in a loving home with no money, versus one who grew up in a bitter and harsh environment for a home. Jillian Hart's Characters are lovable and she makes them realistic and believable. She knows how to grab your attention and speaks right to the heart. Hitting the difficult issue of abuse in this one was probably a tough task, but she also showed that there are men out there w ...more
Judy
An excellent story. And there are more to come from this one about Fiona's friends.

Fiona has a terrible loveless life with cruel parents.

Ian is her promised from their grandmothers.

They give up what each treasures to help the other.

Happily ever after ending.
Melissa

I enjoyed this story of 2 people finding each other thru a situation from their Family, they have endured alot but, they are both hoping to find true love some day.
The descriptions of the countryside and the snow are lovely in this book!
Rochelle
I wasn't too fond of the way the book was paced, it was a beginning and a middle with an end barely the size of a paragraph. The main character was trying to make up her mind throughout the ENTIRE book.
Barbara
Fiona and Ian, the main characters in this book, are very down-to-earth and believable, and the plot development was at just the right pace to keep the reader's interest. Parts of the story were hard to read as they dealt with an extremely hard home life, but I couldn't wait to discover where God was leading different individuals and what would take place in the end. Jillian Hart shows an excellent understanding of how difficult it is for someone to trust a person for the first time in their li ...more
Pretty good story. The characters are touching. True love always puts another's dreams ahead of your own.
Jeanie Harper
A nice love story.
MariaFernanda
The main male character in this novel was awfully dashing!! He certainly was my favorite character! But this book also had a really heartwarming plot and themese. Once you open it, I think it will be hard for you to put it down!!
Patsy
Loved this book. When I got to reading it, it was hard to put down. Fiona was such a devoted daughter to go through what she did. And Ian was the perfect gentleman. A great story!
Charris Bradshaw
A short story of a girl who grows up never knowing love until someone filled with honor, finds himself needing to protect her from the life her father has chosen for her.
Shawn
An enjoyable quick read. I enjoyed the characters and really fell in love with Ian myself. He was such a good man who tried to follow God's plan for him. Fun read.
Tabetha Stirrett
This book was ok. It was a fast read but the ended was to abrupt with many things left hanging. The sequel doesn't appear to really be about the same characters.
Megan
This was a nice, light romance. While it was a little repetitive and not very deep it was just what I was in the mood for. A good choice for a light romance.
IrenesBookReviews
Jillian Hart is a great writer. I could not put the book down and stayed up rather late to finish it. A fun read!
Kristina
So sweet, you fall in love with the characters. It has heartbreaking moments but it all comes together in the end :)
Miss Pippi the Librarian
I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever. ~ Psalms 52:8

Time Period: Western, 1880's
Location: Montana
Crissi
Absolutely LOVED this book :o) *sigh* Amazing story & wonderful characters, I didn't want it to end.
Andrea
I loved this book, and I am not a huge fan of histoical books.
Shelly
Sometimes people are just too "good" to be believed.
Set in Montana, a sweet love story with a happy ending.
dreamer
I finished it, but I never really got into the story.
Christine
Found this just too slow for me.
Fran Tucker
Recommend this highly
PWRL
May 16, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
A
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Regina
Regina marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jan 01, 2015 11:43AM
  • Frontier Courtship
  • Heartland Wedding (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #2)
  • Kansas Courtship (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #3)
  • The Homesteader's Sweetheart
  • The Hand-Me-Down Family
  • The Preacher's Wife
  • Mail Order Cowboy (Brides of Simpson Creek, #1)
  • The Unexpected Bride (Bowen, #1)
  • A Match Made in Texas (Chatam House #2)
  • The Substitute Bride
  • Unlawfully Wedded Bride
  • A Convenient Wife
  • The Protector
  • Her Patchwork Family (Gabriel Sisters, #2)
  • The Marshal's Promise
  • The Captain's Lady
Jillian Hart grew up on her family's homestead in Washington state, where she raised cattle, rode horses and scribbled stories in her spare time.
After earning her English degree from Whitman College, she worked in travel and advertising before selling her first novel.
When Jillian isn't working on her next story, she can be found puttering around her rose garden, curled up with a good book and sp
More about Jillian Hart...

Buttons & Bobbins (4 books)
  • Patchwork Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #2)
  • Calico Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #3)
  • Snowflake Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #4)
Homespun Bride (The McKaslin Clan Historical #2) A McKaslin Homecoming (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #5) No One But You Mail-Order Christmas Brides: Her Christmas Family\Christmas Stars for Dry Creek Blind-Date Bride (The McKaslin Clan: Series 4, #1)