Start by marking “Phantom Lover (Phantom Lover, #1)” as Want to Read:
Phantom Lover (Phantom Lover, #1)

Phantom Lover (Phantom Lover #1)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  136 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Book 1 - Bobby seduces the mysterious, hot Kimo Wilder, unaware he is a man born of fire and secret, dark magic the ancient Hawaiians called Loa.
ebook, 1st Edition, 261 pages
Published September 15th 2007 by eXtasy Books (first published September 10th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Phantom Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phantom Lover

Among the Living by Jordan Castillo PriceThe Ghost on My Couch by L.A. GilbertCamp Hell by Jordan Castillo PriceCriss Cross by Jordan Castillo PriceBody and Soul by Jordan Castillo Price
Best Gay Ghosts
53rd out of 120 books — 161 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleHot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie Sexton
Favorite Gay Couples
488th out of 1,769 books — 2,262 voters

More lists with this book...

Natsroshan
Lindsay
This book wasn't for me. The forced menage scene and the whole cheating thing bothered me. Otherwise, I might have liked it much better.
Darkm
Jun 15, 2012 Darkm rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
The only thing I liked here are the descriptions of the places.
(view spoiler)
Violet
Oct 28, 2011 Violet rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
This book has cheating husband and cheating wife theme which really does not sit well with me. The protagonist Bobby knowingly seduces a married man and the married man justified his affair with some kind of excuse. In addition, women (Kimo's wife, Bobby's mom) in the book is depicted in a horrible way. The only straight woman who was decent, was Bobby's granny. There's threesomes, jealousy and lots of messy relationships. Life in the book seems so tiresome, complicated and depressing. As a whol ...more
Nancy L
Kimo was an ass! There was one emotional part of the book that raised this to a 4 star. It was when Kimo and Bobby deal with the blisters. But still, the whole reason for the blisters just burns my butt. I wanted to hit Kimo upside the head.
Jonathan Treadway
I loved this book. I own not only the ebook but also the audiobook. It is one of my top comfort reads and I listen to or read it at least 3-4 times a year. Now, AJ is a friend but he's also one of my favorite authors, so take this review as you wish.

I loved the whole premise of the story, and the romance between Bobby and Kimo is so well-written you can feel the anguish of both characters as they try to build their relationship. I'm not going to go into the story because I hate reviews that have
adrienne
not at all to my taste.
didn't find it quite good enough to be deemed even a light beach read. seemed like the author was more interested in making sure the reader knew he loved hawaii than he was in actually developing any aspect of the book: very little depth to the character's personalities/motivations; contrived soap-operatic plot; rather puerile style. total miss.
cat who reads
I hate doormat protagonists. I really hate doormat protagonists who fall in love with abusive assholes. I especially hate novels with the message that the doormat protagonist can change their abuser with the power of luv.

The message of this novel is absolutely horrible. Kimo is deliberately, knowingly, purposefully hurtful. He cheats, he's emotionally abusive, he's verbally abusive, he puts Bobby through all kinds of hell, and that's not acceptable! I'm not just talking about Kimo's behavior be
Rinky
This is more of a rant then a review in a way: spoiler alerts!!

This was really good until it got fcuked up and arrggggg so angry! I don't do books that have scenes with multiple partners or having one of the main MC's practically cheating. A pity cuz I did enjoy it till it got to that threesome scene and obvs it should not have happened. I would not have taken him back, even if I agreed with the scene cuz my lover wanted to try something differ, but when you see ur partner really into the other
Christy Duke
The thought of two male hula dancers is pretty hot. The fact that this first installment in the 'Phantom Lover' series by A.J. Llewellyn is set in Hawaii and was going to involve sex, betrayal, romance, and magic had me hooked from the start. I've gotten to know this author's writing fairly well recently so I knew I was in for a very good tale. Pun intended.

Bobby, Lopaka, is a native Hawaiian, meaning he was born on the islands and grew up there, but he is half white and half Hawaiian. He is a h
Dragonrouge57 - Bénédicte Girault
Série Phantom Lover - Tome 1 - VO

Le danseur de Hula hawaïen Bobby Kikawa fantasme sur le séduisant et mystérieux Kimo Wilder, un Kahuna doué et kumu hula, un maître des danses polynésiennes. Il devient encore plus obsédé après avoir vu une peinture érotique pour laquelle Kimo a posé et appelé Phantom Lover. Il prévoit de séduire Kimo même si l'homme est hétéro, marié et connu pour son extrême loyauté envers sa femme.

Seuls durant une chaude nuit après une répétition de danse sur la grande île d'H
Dovorobucchi
I have to admit I was rather bored reading through almost the whole first quarter of the book then the seck really enthralled me. It's really a shame there just had to be those het menage (in the bedroom, no less!) and "stud" impregnation thing at all (though I wouldn't mind mpreg). I almost abandoned ship because of those. I would've liked it much better without those... necessary evils?
Mrs LB
This was my first book into this particular genre and I was very pleased.

Bobby to Kimo - "Now take your ass licking like a man"...best line ever (lol).
M/M romance among hulu dancers in Hawaii. Writing is good, but not great. There is so much potential there!
Silver pixies
An Awesome Review to Follow w/in the next few days... i have the flu
Salimshalini
Salimshalini marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Tsubaki
Tsubaki marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Kynthos-the-Archer
Kynthos-the-Archer marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Donna
Donna added it
Aug 20, 2014
Jen Crady
Jen Crady marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Ja-paige
Ja-paige marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Master Of Obsidian (Master Chronicles, #1)
  • The Elf and Shoemaker
  • Portrait Of A Kiss (Southern Beaus #1)
  • The Alpha's Pet
  • Resolution (Refuge Shifters, #4)
  • Song of Oestend (Oestend #1)
  • Giving Up the Ghost (Laying a Ghost, #2)
  • Sacrifice (Soul Mates, #3)
  • Year of the Cat
  • The Art of the Delaneys  (The Delaneys, #3)
  • Nick of Time (Preters, #2)
  • The Back Stairs (Sundown, #1)
  • Love Runes (Gods and Chaos, #2)
  • Tail of Two Brothers (Horsfall, #1)
  • Wild Rose, Silent Snow
1914286
A.J. Llewellyn lives in California, but dreams of living in Hawaii. Frequent trips to all the islands, bags of Kona coffee in the fridge and a healthy collection of Hawaiian records keep this writer refueled.

A.J’s passion for the islands led to writing a play about the last ruling monarch of Hawaii, Queen Lili’uokalani as well as a non-erotic novel about the overthrow of her kingdom written in dia
More about A.J. Llewellyn...
A Vampire in Waikiki (Vampire in Waikiki, #1) Tall, Mean & Darkly (Tall, Mean & Darkly #1) Blood Eclipse (Blood Eclipse, #1) Black Point (Black Point, #1) Mirrors (Mirrors, #1)