Start by marking “Quilts, Baby!: 20 Cuddly Designs to Piece, Patch & Embroider” as Want to Read:
Quilts, Baby!: 20 Cuddly Designs to Piece, Patch & Embroider

Quilts, Baby!: 20 Cuddly Designs to Piece, Patch & Embroider

Modern, innovative, and exciting: if you’ve never associated these words with baby quilts before, you will now! Here’s a collection of fresh designs that aren’t fussy, cutesy, or old-fashioned, but that still have that “aww” factor. Best of all, every one is easy to make, and most take only a weekend to complete. Try a round “Peekaboo” blankie with fanciful creatures hidde ...more
Published May 5th 2009 by Lark Books

To ask other readers questions about Quilts, Baby!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quilts, Baby!

Marie Z. Johansen
Dec 28, 2009 Marie Z. Johansen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quilting
I could use many words as descriptors about this book. Delightful, refreshing, enchanting , appealing - one of the best little quilt books I have come across in a long while. I was not sure that I would be the best reviewer for this book because I don't make a lot of baby quilts any more. Boy! Am I ever glad I decided to have a look! This is one of those books that screams originality. The patterns are simple - and simple is a favorite with me - but each quilt also features the addition of somet ...more
Michelle
Nov 26, 2009 Michelle rated it it was amazing
My new favorite baby quilt book! From monkeys to bubbles and birds, this book has some fresh, simple ideas for future baby quilts. There is also a crib bumper and a playmat. The artists have little personal details at the end of each project. My favorites include the one about a grandma making an orange/brown 1960s quilt and used her panty hose as the batting. And another who said she wants to fall face first into her quilts when she finishes them.

Quilts Baby
Alexis
Aug 27, 2009 Alexis rated it really liked it
Shelves: craft
I am making an applique baby quilt for my sister & have been looking at as many books I can find for ideas & techniques. I checked this out from the library & it might end up on my "to buy" list. Great, easy to follow instructions (with alternatives to many techniques), nice lay-out, and lots of good ideas.
Robin
Jun 01, 2009 Robin rated it really liked it
Shelves: craft-books
This one had a lot of cute unique quilts. It is a lot of applique and don't worry about exactness stuff. I really like the bumber pads and cute bird designs. I'd get this one again.
Mary
Aug 10, 2009 Mary rated it liked it
Some freestyle, artsy-fartsy baby quilts that were very cute, if I ever get up the nerve to tackle another hobby. Truly, I found the little info blurbs about the artists the most interesting. :)
Heidi
Jan 18, 2010 Heidi rated it really liked it
Loved the ideas in this book. There are great folksy quilts in here with a bunch of quilt artists and websites listed. I would like to own a copy of this book.
Amy
Aug 05, 2009 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sewing-books
great designs that are modern and fun and can be easily adapted for your own style/sewing techniques
Erica
Aug 02, 2009 Erica rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009
A few patterns I didn't care for but definitely enough really cute ones that it would be worth owning when (if) I'm ever ready to try quilting.
Nikki
Nikki rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2011
Tresa Brown
Tresa Brown rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2016
Ann
Ann rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2009
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2009
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2010
L.K.
L.K. rated it it was ok
Jun 24, 2012
Quiltamy
Quiltamy rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2014
Amber
Amber rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2013
Allison
Aug 01, 2009 Allison rated it it was amazing
I love it! So modern and fresh. I think this may be my favorite quilt book yet!
Candielouhoo
Candielouhoo rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2011
Candy Love
Candy Love rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2010
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2009
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2009
Marti
Marti rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2010
Инстер
Инстер rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2012
Sarah rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2011
Gillian Hamilton
Gillian Hamilton rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2010
Ruth
Ruth rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2014
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2016
Leah
Nov 01, 2010 Leah rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Super cute monkey quilt in here that I'm going to make for my next kid. Yippee!!