Start by marking “Power with Nature: Alternative Energy Solutions for Homeowners (Second Edition)” as Want to Read:
Power with Nature: Alternative Energy Solutions for Homeowners (Second Edition)

Power with Nature: Alternative Energy Solutions for Homeowners (Second Edition)

3.07 of 5 stars 3.07  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Be your own power company and let Mother Nature provide the energy! By investing in affordable, new technologies, you can join the thousands of homeowners who get free electricity from the sun, wind and water. In this updated 2nd edition of Power With Nature, you'll learn how easy it is to use renewable energy to become self-sufficient and live well anywhere! * Off-Grid So ...more
Published January 1st 2006 by Pixyjack Press (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Power with Nature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power with Nature

Jun 20, 2009 Rosemary added it
Recommends it for: People who own their own home
The author included a few fanciful pet stories along with a lot of technical information and black and white pictures about using solar and wind power, making it a unique read. I'm not into the technical , but I can point my husband to the information, should we decide it would be cost effective to go the solar route. I found out our plugged-in appliances draw a small ammount of power when not running, therfore wasting resourses, and costing us money over time. So unplug your mixer,hairdryer ect ...more
This book was pretty bad. It reads like a kids book full of anecdotes. Overexplains simple concepts, and didn't give me the information I was hoping for. This is not a book about wind and solar power as much as it is a book to persuade you into "going green" which I'm assuming anyone interested enough to throw down $25 for a book on wind energy... already is.
A quirky, but highly enjoyable and informative book concerning the nitty-gritty of solar energy for personal use. A must-read for the layman seeking alternative energy answers presented in an understandable format.
Ken Elser
You kind of want to sock this guy in the mouth for a while before you get used to the humor and writing style, but the information seems sound and de-mystifies many practical aspects of renewable energy for the home.
Funny little allegory at the beginning followed by really good, practical information. If you are thinking of going "off grid" or "grid-tied" this is a must.
Cute story to make it better to understand how to use sustainable energy.
Joanne added it
Sep 21, 2015
Ashlee added it
Sep 07, 2015
Ohn Mlaing
Ohn Mlaing marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Nigel Fellman
Nigel Fellman marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Victor Ayegba
Victor Ayegba marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Stephen Fischetto
Stephen Fischetto marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
David Chicoine
David Chicoine marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Trampas Jones
Trampas Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2013
Samantha marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
chris marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2012
Nate Baldwin
Nate Baldwin marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2012
Scott added it
Jul 25, 2011
Jimelle marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2011
David is currently reading it
Mar 01, 2010
Krysta marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2009
Todd Kadrie
Todd Kadrie marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2009