Start by marking “Excel 2007 Power Programming with VBA (Mr. Spreadsheet's Bookshelf)” as Want to Read:
Excel 2007 Power Programming with VBA (Mr. Spreadsheet's Bookshelf)

Excel 2007 Power Programming with VBA (Mr. Spreadsheet's Bookshelf)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Offers procedures, tips, and ideas for expanding Excel's capabilities with Visual Basic[registered] for Applications.
Published April 17th 2007 by John Wiley & Sons (first published 1996)

Jonathan
If you want a single book to learn VBA then this (or a later version) is ideal. I'd tried a couple of other books before I got to this one and although they were useful there always seemed to be something lacking.

This book goes totally overboard in starting off telling you about the history of Excel, VBA etc. and what's new about Excel 2007. Only by page 189 does he start going into VBA properly. For the beginner this is a very gentle introduction and the rest of the book is a very good guide to
Steven Sanderson
I refer to this often as I am now required to write vba, something I have not yet done.
Craig
This is a good book. I have probably read about 70% of it, mainly to inform my (currently) basic understanding of VBA and to better craft my VBA-writing techniques. It has served me well--but I have yet to find more real example based teaching in textbook form. Most of the book is quite comprehensive and function-based, as opposed to problem-based. One of the great things about it is the CD-Rom with .pdf of the book on it--so you can (ctrl+f) search for pieces of information from the book very e ...more
Charles
I had read this book years ago, so this reading was a combination of skim reading and indepth study. John Walkenbach is an excellent writer and explains things well. Despite being published in the "Dummies" series I can highly recommend this book as a first step into VBA Programming.

I want to use VBA to build a meeting participation system for my Toastmasters club.
Hernan TD
Hernan TD is currently reading it
May 26, 2015
Shani Jee
Shani Jee marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Kenneth Peluso
Kenneth Peluso marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Tom
Tom is currently reading it
Apr 19, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Rylie
Rylie added it
Apr 02, 2015
  • Microsoft® Excel Data Analysis and Business Modeling
  • File System Forensic Analysis
  • Engineering a Compiler
  • Adobe Photoshop Cs3 for Photographers: A Professional Image Editor's Guide to the Creative Use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC
  • Web Design in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference
  • MySQL Cookbook
  • Adobe Photoshop CS3 Classroom in a Book
  • Research Methods for Business Students
  • XML in a Nutshell
  • Critical Thinking Skills: Developing Effective Analysis and Argument (Palgrave Study Guides)
  • Perl Cookbook, Second Edition
  • Information Theory, Inference and Learning Algorithms
  • How to Design Programs: An Introduction to Programming and Computing
  • Contemporary Strategy Analysis
  • Reversing: Secrets of Reverse Engineering
  • Professional Software Development: Shorter Schedules, Higher Quality Products, More Successful Projects, Enhanced Careers
  • Management [With Access Code]
  • Code Craft: The Practice of Writing Excellent Code

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Excel 2010 Power Programming with VBA Excel 2010 Bible [With CDROM] Excel VBA Programming For Dummies Excel 2013 Bible Excel 2010 Formulas [With CDROM]