Start by marking “Altar-Ed Plans” as Want to Read:
Altar-Ed Plans

Altar-Ed Plans

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  42 reviews
The perfect day. The perfect marriage. The perfect groom. What could go wrong?

Caitlyn has been preparing for her perfect wedding all her life. But when her fiancé abandons her at the altar, Caitlyn vows she'll never love again. Going to BYU doesn't make that easy, however, and avoiding all social contact can only last so long. When her bishop calls her to be the mom of her
Published June 1st 2009 by Bonneville

To ask other readers questions about Altar-Ed Plans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Altar-Ed Plans

Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites by Chris HeimerdingerPillar of Light by Gerald N. LundCharly by Jack WeylandPrincess Academy by Shannon HaleFire of the Covenant by Gerald N. Lund
Best LDS fiction
298th out of 466 books — 418 voters
The Backslider by Levi S. PetersonThe Chinchilla Farm by Judith FreemanTorn by God by Zoe MurdockRigor Amortis by Jaym GatesMagdalene by Moriah Jovan
Mormon Literature
41st out of 84 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Cheri
This book is adorable. I know that's kind of a weird description for a book, but I really had a lot of fun reading it.

Caitlyn has her life all figured out. She's going to marry this wonderful guy, have kids, be a mom and live a blissful life. Trouble is, her fiance has other ideas.

Alone and jaded, Caitlyn goes back to college and throws herself in her studies. And despite her best intentions she can't get the new guy, Travis, out of her head. And when he finds his way into her heart, watch out!
Tristi
"Altered Plans" is the second book by LDS author Rebecca Cornish Talley and is the story of Caitlyn Moore, a young woman who is getting married in the temple. She's been in love with Justin since high school and knows she'll be the happiest woman alive, married to him. But when she gets to the temple and realizes she forgot her veil, it seems like a bad omen of things to come. Sure enough, Justin's parents arrive and break the news - he's not coming. He decided to return to the place where he se ...more
Amber Lynae
Debbie Cranberry Fries
It is a light airy read. If you like LDS romance I believe you'll enjoy this book because the story line is fun. The characters are sweet. The title is cute, the cover adorable. If you want a fun quick read this will work great!

It was a cute idea but I thought it was super choppy. The scenes were so short and to me felt too sudden. Sure the story moved along quickly but I felt like it was too quick. I would have enjoyed a conversation lasting longer than 1 minute. When the characters got togethe
Hollie Robb
Caitlyn along with her roommate are fun to read about. Their way of living is so typical with this age group. I like how the author puts Caitlyn in the same situation as Justin so that she can have empathy for Justin.

The story is good, the characters likable, the antagonist easy to hate, and feel bad for, writing very down to earth. All around a very good read.

Rebecca, you did a good job. I was very impressed. :)
Heather
Started out strong with promise. But I felt the story was very rushed after the first few chapters. Needed a solid editorial run-through.
Kathryn
Kathy
I was surprised with this one. I thought it would be fairly predictable and the story would unfold a certain way and I’m glad it had a few twists and ended up totally different than I was expecting. I enjoyed the characters and reading about Caitlyn’s story. Caitlyn is understandable jaded after being ditched at the altar; I can see why she would be so resistant to dating again. I admit I was a little upset by how fast she fell in love again (after three dates) and it really did seem like a rebo ...more
Marie Lundeen
"Altared Plans" is about a young woman by the name of Caitlyn, who arrived at the Temple on the day of her wedding to find out that the love of her life was on an airplane to be with someone else. Devastated and torn apart she vowed she would never fall in love.

Upon returning to BYU, she is called to be the mom of her FHE group where she meets the father, Travis. Refusing to let herself fall in love again, she tags Travis as "annoying" but finds that she can't keep her mind off him and concentra
Donna Hatch
Nov 30, 2009 Donna Hatch marked it as to-read
Caitlyn has been preparing for her perfect wedding all her life. But when her fiance abandons her at the altar, Caitlyn vows she’ll never love again.

Going to BYU doesn’t make that easy, however, and avoiding all social contact can only last so long.

When her bishop calls her to be the “mom” of her family home evening group, Caitlyn is suddenly thrust into surprising circumstances that leave her flustered–the attention of two unwanted suitors.

Travis, the FHE “dad” has plans to woo Caitlyn by using
Katie Watkins
I had a hard time getting started with this book. The first few pages seemed kind of choppy and there was way too much info being used for the dialog, instead of as background info. Once I got past that, I really enjoyed this light-hearted, funny romance. Caitlin was jilted on her wedding day and struggled to get back into life at BYU. When she was paired up with annoying Travis as co-FHE parents, she was not a happy camper. I thought the character Alison was hilarious--kind of an extreme of how ...more
Lynn
Caitlin has been dumped at the altar by Justin. She returns to BYU having sworn off men. In the course of her calling as "mom" to her Family Home Evening group, she meets Travis and Chase. Both vie for her attention. Can she recover from her past to choose one?

This book grabbed me from the first page. I couldn't put it down. After I read it in one day, I loaned it to my daughter who attends BYU-Idaho. She loved it and passed on to her 17-year-old sister.

Definitely a must read!
Shellie
Tons more dialogue than I am used to. But still a good story.
Caitlyn is dumped at the temple doors on her wedding day. Her ex fiance says he just doesn't love her even though they had been together since high school. She picks up and moves on, continuing school at BYU. She meets two guys...and both persue her. One makes her giddy and excited, one makes her feel safe (like he will never break her heart). Both propose, and she is left to decide what to do.
Karlene Browning
Although this is not the type of book I normally like to read, I thought it was a fun little romance. I read it in an afternoon.

I would have liked to see more of a relationship developing over time between Caitlyn and Travis.

And to truly make me love this book, Travis' ex-girlfriend would have had to be a psycho killer who kidnapped Caitlyn and tortured her and... oh wait. Wrong genre. (Sorry)

If you like light clean romance, you'll like this book.
Moriah
Jul 18, 2013 Moriah rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: lds, dnf
I stopped after the first chapter because the writing was amateurish, with too much telling and not enough showing. Additionally, there is no reason a book published by an LDS publisher and targeted solely to an LDS market should be explaining our culture to us.

It's a great concept and I couldn't help wishing I had been given the chance to edit this book because it had the potential to be awesome.
Tina
This is a great read for a cloudy day. It's fun and engaging. Poor Caitlyn thinks she has every detail of her wedding planned--wrong! She never planned on being left at the altar. Her almost inlaws met her at the door of the temple to share the bad news. This all happens in the first chapter--the rest of the book is how she recovers and unintentionally saves herself from being the wierd aunt with twelve cats.
Alisa
3.5 - 4 stars.

Fun story. Fun read. Ended way too soon. The author built up an issue (city girl vs. ranch boy) and never resolved it. You were left with a "love conquers all" so don't worry about the differences kind of ending.

As a city girl myself, I would have loved to see Caitlyn spend more time on the ranch... I felt like the story was building up to that, but then it never happened.
Tanya
Dec 02, 2009 Tanya marked it as to-read
I blogged about this book today. Check it out here:

I've got high hopes. Once I've read it, I'll give it a proper review. In the meantime, I invite those of you who have already read it to post your own thoughts on my blog.
Sheila
Rebecca Talley's new novel, "Altared Plans" is LDS chic lit at it's best. If you are looking for a good light-hearted romance, with many twists and turns along the way, this book is the one.

You can read more of my review here at http://whynotbecauseisaidso.blogspot....
Lucinda
It was a cute story about 'girl meets boy', not very profound or substantial. I didn't see a lot of development in the story line or characters, which was a little disappointing. More appropriate for older teens/young adults, if you're a serious reader.
Brooke Mattice
I had to work on Saturday and knew it would be slow so I grabbed this cheesy, easy read. It was extremely cheesy, predictable, and corny, but kept me entertained for the few hours it took to read it. Gotta love the cheesy LDS love stories!
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
I really liked this book. This is an LDS book about a girl who gets left at the altar and decides to never get married, but of course that plan doesn't work out. It has some pretty realistic parts and some corny parts, but all good.
Breanna
I met and really liked the author. This book was good, but wasn't my favorite. The main character kind-of annoyed me. I can't figure out why, though. Maybe because I'm college-aged, too?
This book did have a goood storyline.
Gregandemy
so glad to have finished this book. The writing was amateur, the story was cheesy and cliche. I thought the obsessed girl from home was on the border of being creepy.
Brenda
A cute light-hearted romance. LDS chic lit at its best. Excellent characters, but the snappy dialog did it for me. Great reminder about not giving up your dreams.
Susan
The quote from the book, "Love can't be planned. It just is.", pretty much sums up the story. I'm so pro BYU that I was pleased the events take place there.
Marsha Ward
Dec 02, 2009 Marsha Ward marked it as to-read
I blogged about Altared Plans today: http://marshaward.blogspot.com/2009/1.... I look forward to reading it.
Brenda
Light reading. Nice, predictable, and obvious. It is silly, but since I read such a depressing book last, it made me happy :)
  • Previously Engaged
  • The Ball's in Her Court
  • How to Stuff a Wild Zucchini
  • Loved Like That
  • Emma: A Latter-Day Tale
  • Royal Target (Royal, #1)
  • Spare Change
  • Undercover saint
  • The Guy Next Door
  • Idle Playgrounds (Rhea Jensen, #3)
I was born and raised in California and now live in rural Colorado on a small ranch with my husband, 7 of my 10 kids, a dog, cats, a spoiled horse, and a herd of goats.

I am the author of a children's picture book, "Grasshopper Pie" (WindRiver 2003), and three novels, "Heaven Scent" (Cedar Fort 2008), "Altared Plans" (Cedar Fort 2009), and "The Upside of Down" (Cedar Fort 2011)and numerous children
More about Rebecca Talley...
The Upside of Down Imperfect Love Heaven Scent Aura Best Kind of Love: A Reunion Romance Novella