Vegan Handbook: Over 200 Delicious Recipes, Meal Plans, and Vegetarian Resources for All Ages (Vegetarian Journal Reports Series, 2nd Bk.) (Dreamers and Schemers Series)

3.09 of 5 stars 3.09  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Featuring over 200 delicious recipes, the Vegan Handbook also includes a Vegan Meal Plan and One Week Menu, a Senior's Guide to Good Nutrition, a 30 Day Menu for Those Who Don't Like to Cook, a Shopper's Guide to Leather Alternatives, a vegetarian history and much more!
Published June 1st 1996 by Vegetarian Resource Group

To ask other readers questions about Vegan Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vegan Handbook

Jenni
Kind of a strange book because it was shelved with the cookbooks and has several recipes but also includes lots of articles, charts, and general information about the food in a vegan lifestyle. I was a little disappointed with the "30 Day Menu" because it mainly appears to suggest mooching off from other people, eating out, and buying more cookbooks from this company. I think I find it most strange because it seems to be catering to new vegans or vegan-curious in some sort of explanatory way, an...more
Julia
Interesting articles on vegan resources and nutrition, but many of the recipes are plain and lack creativity. Ingredients common to much ethnic cooking are used, but without context, and for my taste, I often have to add much more flavor and spice. Still, a good book for people just switching to veganism who may not be experienced cooks or know much about vegan nutrition.
Bookreaderljh
It was OK as it presented facts along with the recipes. The idea of using short articles and book excerpts was good though some of them were too dry to really be of use. I will probably return to this book for the recipes and the resources and I do appreciate that it added to my continuing knowledge of the vegan movement issues.
Karli
The recipes suck, but I love the articles, especially now that this book is a bit dated.
Argnese Julmist
This book was very helpful to me when I transitioned from carnivore to vegetarian.
Aldene
Aldene marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Denika Clay
Denika Clay marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2013
Po-Tau
Po-Tau marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2013
Tamara Sims
Tamara Sims marked it as to-read
May 04, 2013
Sreevidhya
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013
Ann
Ann added it
Sep 08, 2011
Keegan Allen
Keegan Allen marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Simply Vegan: Quick Vegetarian Meals Conveniently Vegan Meatless Meals for Working People: Quick and Easy Vegetarian Recipes The Lowfat Jewish Vegetarian Cookbook: Healthy Traditions from Around the World No Cholesterol Passover Recipes