Start by marking “Vegan Handbook: Over 200 Delicious Recipes, Meal Plans, and Vegetarian Resources for All Ages” as Want to Read:

A much-needed guide for the novice as well as the long-time vegan, this handbook contains extensive information, including dietary exchange lists for meal planning, sports nutrition for vegans, vegan meal plans and one-week menus, vegetarian and vegan history, and much more.
Published September 1st 1996 by Vegetarian Resource Group (first published June 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Vegan Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vegan Handbook

Jenni
May 22, 2010 Jenni rated it really liked it
Shelves: food-and-drink
Kind of a strange book because it was shelved with the cookbooks and has several recipes but also includes lots of articles, charts, and general information about the food in a vegan lifestyle. I was a little disappointed with the "30 Day Menu" because it mainly appears to suggest mooching off from other people, eating out, and buying more cookbooks from this company. I think I find it most strange because it seems to be catering to new vegans or vegan-curious in some sort of explanatory way, an ...more
Bookreaderljh
Jul 10, 2011 Bookreaderljh rated it it was ok
It was OK as it presented facts along with the recipes. The idea of using short articles and book excerpts was good though some of them were too dry to really be of use. I will probably return to this book for the recipes and the resources and I do appreciate that it added to my continuing knowledge of the vegan movement issues.
Julia
Jan 23, 2010 Julia rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
Interesting articles on vegan resources and nutrition, but many of the recipes are plain and lack creativity. Ingredients common to much ethnic cooking are used, but without context, and for my taste, I often have to add much more flavor and spice. Still, a good book for people just switching to veganism who may not be experienced cooks or know much about vegan nutrition.
Juli Curtis
Juli Curtis rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2011
Barbara
Barbara rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Carolyn Severance
Carolyn Severance rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2015
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2009
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2008
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2008
Anandi
Anandi rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2008
Lonna Murphy
Lonna Murphy rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2013
Patricia A. Sjöberg
Patricia A. Sjöberg rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2016
Itai
Itai rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2013
Kristen
Kristen rated it did not like it
Dec 12, 2009
Karli
Jul 15, 2010 Karli rated it it was amazing
The recipes suck, but I love the articles, especially now that this book is a bit dated.
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2013
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2010
Tracy
Tracy rated it did not like it
Oct 13, 2010
William Nye
William Nye rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
Valerie
Valerie rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2008
anne
anne rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2010
Irene
Irene rated it did not like it
Dec 03, 2008
Andie
Andie rated it liked it
May 21, 2012
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2012
Evelyn Repass
Evelyn Repass rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2015
Shad
Shad rated it it was ok
Jan 28, 2011
N.L. Riviezzo
N.L. Riviezzo rated it it was ok
Jan 19, 2013
Kirsten
Kirsten rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2015
sarah
sarah rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2008