Start by marking “You Can Leave Your Hat On” as Want to Read:
You Can Leave Your Hat On

You Can Leave Your Hat On

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  217 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Take it off. Take it all off.

To say Harlan Sheppard is hot for teacher would be the understatement of the year. Working closely with Professor Sawyer Addison has taught Harlan one thing. Persistence doesn t always pay off. With graduation only a day away, Harlan is willing to do anything to get the object of his affection to see him as more than just another student.

Unbekn
Published May 26th 2009 by Samhain (first published May 2009)

To ask other readers questions about You Can Leave Your Hat On, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Can Leave Your Hat On

Daisiemae

In the past, I have really enjoyed reading books written by Lena Matthews. She writes wonderful interracial m/f romances and just great romances in general. I was happily surprised when I noticed that she wrote, You can leave your hat on, which is a m/m erotic romance. I was very curious if she could cross over into this genre easily. Why did I ever doubt her? You can leave your hat on, is not only a fun and well-written story, but a very sexy one too. I hope this is a first of many that she wri
Dina
Very likable characters, steamy sex scenes and a bit of tension to keep the story interesting. I wish this book was longer.
JenMcJ
May 31, 2009 JenMcJ rated it really liked it
I really like this story. It isn't very long and I wouldn't mind revisiting them in a sequel or two. I liked the dialog and the writing, it was fast and witty. I liked both characters and I liked the setting. It was a good read and I should have expected as much from Lena Matthews.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
The TA is crushing on his Prof , but his Prof keeps things professional until the day before graduation Harlan ups the stakes and sends his sexy professor a very sexy video! ( side note, stupid, stupid thing to do...)
It was a sexy short, but I thought Sawyer ( the Prof) was an ass and I'm not sure if Harlan knew how D Sawyer is, since at one point Sawyer says Harlan probably doesn't know how dominant he is.
All I can say, is he resisted for all those years, he could have resisted a few more days
T'Lar Jones
Mar 03, 2011 T'Lar Jones rated it it was ok
File under "The blurb sounded hot as hell, but the execution left me cold." The writing wasn't beyond hope, just pretty much forgettable. "It was okay" seems like a fair description, thus the two stars.
Sadonna
Sep 13, 2012 Sadonna rated it really liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm, contemporary
Smokin' hot story about a professor and his graduating TA who also happens to be a stripper on the side. Short but steamy with Sawyer and Harlan literally dancing around each other!
Elisa Rolle
You Can Leave Your Hat On is what the title promised, a naughty little novella on a stripper and his lover. The starting point of the story is one I already see in the past, a young and handsome College TA, Harlan, who has the hots for his even more handsome, a slightly older, College professor, Sawyer. The book respects the rules of a May / December romance plus the College setting with an Office Affairs theme... the shorten the thing, this is the classical romance by the rule, with the twist o ...more
Kassa
Aug 18, 2009 Kassa rated it liked it
This is a short but scorching hot fantasy story about a sexy TA that finally snags the seemingly prim and proper professor. The characters were fun, incredibly hot, and likable even as they all veered into fantasy. The writing was tight and concise with no glaring mistakes but clearly shares my affinity and love for commas and as much as it may pain me to say this, it would be ok to include a few less. Overall this was an entertaining and easy to read story that comes in ~60 pages but includes s ...more
Karen
Feb 18, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.5 stars--A sweet, short, very steamy read.
Lacey
Lila Hunter
Jul 12, 2013 Lila Hunter rated it liked it
Shelves: format-english
The story was interesting enough, but it lacked a sound conclusion. I'm not sure if it is a book#2 or not, but the book needed a little more of a backup story. Other than that, the book was good, short and easy to read.

3.5 out of 5
Jane (PS)
Dec 14, 2013 Jane (PS) rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Whoa. Hot and very sexy. I enjoyed every minute of this novella. The cover picture really sets the feel of this story. Just wish I could have been a fly on the wall ;)
Becky
Jul 31, 2012 Becky rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2012, m-m
Good premise, but the writing was iffy and Sawyer was an asshole. Disappointing.
Robin *loves sexy books*
Wow, super hot short story.
Pippacon
Dec 23, 2012 Pippacon rated it it was amazing
Super hot story...loved it..
Jenn911
Jenn911 marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Sheila Reid
Sheila Reid marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Ashki
Ashki marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Snyah_perkins
Snyah_perkins marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Abena Poku
Abena Poku rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2016
Shaneeka
Shaneeka rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Lux
Lux marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Kimngan Tran
Kimngan Tran rated it did not like it
Jan 20, 2016
Ally
Ally marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Sneezep
Sneezep rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2015
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Hunger (Chicken Ranch, #1)
  • Blind Desire
  • High Line (Love of Sports, #2)
  • Finding Chandler (Solitary Knights of Pelham Bay, #1)
  • Letting In the Light
  • Dar and Gregg (Jock Dorm #1)
  • The Broken Road
  • Ticket to Ride
  • Off the Record
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • The Professor's Secret Passion
  • Bravo!  Brava!
  • The Other Man
Lena Matthews spends her days dreaming about handsome heroes and her nights with her own personal hero. Married to her college sweetheart, she is the proud mother of two children, three evil dogs, and a mess of ants that she can't seem to get rid of.

When not writing she can be found reading, watching movies, lifting up the cushions on the couch to look for batteries for the remote control and plot
More about Lena Matthews...