Start by marking “The New Creative Artist: A Guide to Developing Your Creative Spirit” as Want to Read:
The New Creative Artist: A Guide to Developing Your Creative Spirit

The New Creative Artist: A Guide to Developing Your Creative Spirit

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Play, Experiment and Discover the Creative Artist within!Choose to be creative! Artist and teacher Nita Leland believes that creativity lives in everyone, from the novice artist to the professional. Develop and strengthen your natural curiosity, flexibility, independence and playfulness, and become the artist you want to be. Inside this updated and expanded edition of Nita ...more
Published July 17th 2006 by Northlight

To ask other readers questions about The New Creative Artist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Creative Artist

Chelsie
I find that it's good to sometimes get back to the basics of art, and this book defiantly did that! It teaches you to be an artist from the heart, before you can become a technical artist. I filled up many blank pieces of paper in doing the exercises recommended in the book. It helped me build me self confidence with breaking the boundaries of conventional art, and taught me that art is nothing without creativity.
Jaime
Thought this was a really wonderful book for the artist who needs to loosen up or reactivate the creativity that may have been stifled. There is a ton of great advice and exercises that I have even used for drawing programs with kids. It is definitely for any type of artist whether you deal with fabric, collage, painting, drawing, etc.
Apryl Anderson
5-stars for enthusiasm, 2 for originality. This is an eye-candy compilation of my bookshelf full of classic technique and "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain."
Gloriavirtutisumbra
Another one of leland's hodgepodge cookbooks of ideas. Lots of fun, great examples, something i will have to take more time to explore later on!
Susan
Nita, you've done it again. I can't imagine cramming this much information about watermedia & multimedia into one book! Bravo.
Mary
Kyle and Lisa bought this for me for Christmas and it is full of inspiration and ideas...love ..love..love it!!!
Fran
Checked out from the library and it has many creative ideas, some which piqued my interest.
Helle
great inspiration
Steffachu
Steffachu marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Joshua Willis
Joshua Willis marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Cr
Cr added it
Sep 08, 2014
Jr Martin
Jr Martin marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Wendy
Wendy added it
Aug 18, 2014
Keri Jensen
Keri Jensen marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Creative Collage Techniques Exploring Color Exploring Color Confident Color: An Artist's Guide to Harmony, Contrast and Unity New Creative Collage Techniques: How to Make Original Art Using Paper, Color and Texture New Creative Collage Techniques: A step-by-step guide to making original art using paper, color and texture [blurb] 60 projects 62 artists