Start by marking “Chattery Teeth, and Other Stories” as Want to Read:
Chattery Teeth, and Other Stories

Chattery Teeth, and Other Stories

Stephen King's unparalleled imagination is in full force in this collection of four unabridged short stories originally found in the classic, Nightmares & Dreamscapes. An all-star cast of readers bring to life these timeless stories from the darkest places.

A pair of metal teeth in a convenience store may prove to be more than a novelty in Chattery Teeth. In My Pretty
Audio CD, 5 pages
Published June 30th 2009 by Simon & Schuster Audio

To ask other readers questions about Chattery Teeth, and Other Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chattery Teeth, and Other Stories

Neri.
Mar 05, 2015 Neri. rated it liked it
3.5. Scary stories about things that at first glance doesn't seem scary at all. Stehen King at his best in this compilation!
Tim
Mar 03, 2015 Tim rated it really liked it
This is an audiobook collection of short stories from the mammoth collection (yup, another Christmas present from my sons), “Nightmares and Dreamscapes” (1993). This format includes four stories, each narrated by a different celebrity. I must admit that I remembered only two of these stories (been awhile), but I enjoyed this little compilation. So here we go:

The title story, “Chattery Teeth,” narrated by Kathy Bates, tells of a young man purchasing a somewhat larger and more durable version of t
Angela
Sep 18, 2013 Angela added it
Shelves: audio, library, ghost
I chose this off the shelf as they were stories I had not read -- and no wonder, I have Nightmares and Dreamscapes on Mt TBR, and I DID have an audio book - but it has been lost somewhere, so I have tried in vain to find it again, and apparently it has just been released in smaller bits -- I will get all the stories eventually!

Chattery Teeth - about what I expect from King. Just a touch of supernatural in an otherwise ordinary world

My Pretty Pony - eh. I think part of it was I didn't enjoy the r
Carolin
May 27, 2012 Carolin rated it liked it
Spooky teeth, a chain-smoking grandfather and his young grandson, weird sneakers and a strange maid...these are the main characters in the 4 short stories of this audiobook and I have to admit that they're not King's best. I really liked "My Pretty Pony" and I also liked the writer's familiar style describing everything and constructing a whole world around the stories, but "Sneakers" and "Dedication" aren't going to be my favorites. Plus, I also have to say that it was easiest for me to underst ...more
Lisa
Dec 03, 2010 Lisa rated it it was ok
Maybe Im not a short story person? This is the second in a row short story selection I've hated. Maybe Im not a books on tape type person. Either way, this is not some of King's best work. I feel like the stories went from bad to worse. Chattery Teeth was entertaining but nothing spectacular. Sneakers was barely entertaining. Pretty Horses was unbearable, rambling and not worth my time. Dedication was the worst. I guess the draw for this book on cd was that famous people read it. I think that no ...more
Brendan Kane
Aug 10, 2013 Brendan Kane rated it liked it
While I've developed a liking for King's short stories and novellas over the past few years, I'd have to say that the works here were among those I've cared for least. Now, it's still Stephen King so they are wonderfully written with his great sense of time and place- especially in My Pretty Pony, but overall I found myself less interested than usual in his tales. Worth getting to eventually, but I'd spend time with his other efforts first.
Tom Mueller
The stories in this collection - from King's Nightmares and Dreamscapes - vary from the hardcover in some not so subtle details. The reading is excellent too, which of course adds considerable drama to the tales.
Included in this four CD set are 'Chattery Teeth', 'My Pretty Pony', 'Sneakers', and 'Dedication'.
Abbey
Audio book, recommended by my favorite daughter. What fun! I listened while I painted trim (and inadvertently some of the wall...). It's quintessential Stephen King, and unsurprising for most of it, but still absorbing while working on a tedious project.
Sherri Smith
Aug 24, 2015 Sherri Smith rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed revisiting these stories again - particularly "Chattery Teeth", "Sneakers" and "Dedication". The other story on this audio CD wasn't my favorite, though it's definitely well-written and performed.

Becky
Aug 04, 2011 Becky rated it really liked it
Shelves: borrowed
Its the audiobook of several of Stephen King's short stories from Nightmares and Dreamscapes, which is one of my favorite King books.
Sean
Sean rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2010
Ed
Ed rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2015
Tecla Mammoli
Tecla Mammoli rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2014
Anne
Anne rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2009
Tyler
Tyler rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2013
Christy-jim Schlangen
Christy-jim Schlangen rated it it was ok
Sep 02, 2013
Nina
Nina rated it liked it
May 17, 2012
TLmyLXhd
TLmyLXhd rated it did not like it
Feb 02, 2013
Nathaniel Spencer
Nathaniel Spencer rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
Circleoffire
Circleoffire rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2015
Jennifer Jackson
Jennifer Jackson rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2015
Ectaylor Taylor
Ectaylor Taylor rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2012
Marisa
Marisa rated it it was ok
Apr 22, 2014
Nik Ray
Nik Ray rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2012
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2016
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2013
Erin Havelick
Erin Havelick rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2014
Padapompp Jpk
Padapompp Jpk rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2016
Andrea Mytych
Andrea Mytych rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2015
  • Getting to Know You
  • Transgressions: Novellas 7 & 8
  • The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year, Volume 3
  • Night Visions 5
  • Best New Horror (The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror, Best Of)
  • New Tales of the Cthulhu Mythos
  • Legends 1 (Legends 1, Volume 1of3)
  • Steel: And Other Stories
  • McSweeney's #27
  • The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror 2008: Twenty-First Annual Collection
  • Nightmare Movies: Horror on Screen Since the 1960s
  • My Favorite Horror Story
  • Timesplash (Timesplash, #1)
  • Fear Itself: The Horror Fiction of Stephen King
  • Orbit
  • Inventing George Washington: America's Founder, in Myth and Memory
  • Stephen King's The Dark Tower: A Concordance, #2
More about Stephen King...